Guest bshuker

find out a bit later, trying her out now, doesn't sound too bad at all, standard strat soudns, noisy noisy noisy bastard singles though

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that would sound amazing when distorted.

You know on the CJ album, the last song "violencer" - the main guitar sound is an acoustic mic'd up and plugged into a distorted amp at the same time - a blend of the two mics. People generally don't think to use an acoustic for heavy tone, but they should!!

Warmoth neck came in the mail today :D :D :D. I was too anxious to play it that I didn't put a finish on it, I'll probably finish it when I do a restring.

.... i wrote an entire paragraph explaining things and my damned mousepad (im on a laptop) did some crazy crap and it all got erased....

To summarize, I had to redrill neck pocket holes to fit the neck (xaviere body not drilled to fender specs), the neck is a bit off center relative to the bridge due to that (but it doesn't affect intonation or playing), the added thickness of the neck adds noticeable sustain, the stainless steel frets are smooth as glass, and the nut is cut a bit high. Best way to go around that would be to pop off the nut and sand the bottom of it no?

Vintage modern construction (tele)

Boatneck profile

maple/indian rosewood

10-16 compound radius

1-11/16 graphtech black tusq nut

22 6100 ss frets

Warning: big pictures are big

DSC09192.jpg

DSC09196.jpg

DSC09198.jpg

DSC09207.jpg

DSC09216.jpg

Not purchased yet but thinking about it so thought Id post here

Went to a band practice and my mate has a pretty nice Fender Stage 100 DSP amp which I may buy :D Any one ever used one? I dont think they seel 'em anymore so Ill try get it for a really cheap deal as he doesnt play guitar...he's a drummer so I dont think he has any use for it :LOL:

I just got a PRS Tremonti SE. Now dont get me wrong, i hate creedboy but his signature SE is the best (IMO) of the SE models. Plus i'm a Les Paul guy so i like the control layout. Solid guitar for the mid-range price bracket, got it over a epi LP custom.

Archived