Really hope it stays. Being the first song I ever heard I'd love to see it live :happy:

As for starlight its always the one I forget about, wouldn't be bothered if they dropped it from the setlist

Although in all fairness it did (at least when I went to see them) work quite well.

Frankly, they don't need to play all the hits at every gig. There are loads of songs that are practically exactly the same in terms of being a singalong, or using balloons, clapping along etc. Basically I'd be okay if they did these rotations on the next tour (just examples, cba writing them all down):

Bliss - Plug In Baby (balloons, singing along etc)

Resistance - Starlight (both are equally uninteresting and fill the same purpose)

Map of the Problematique - MK Ultra (Works well enough)

New Born - Unnatural Selection (Obvious. Only if Matt plays the intro though, and they play it slightly faster, otherwise New Born can go die in a fire)

TIRO - Hysteria (Also fairly obvious)

I'd take Hysteria over TIRO every fucking time. As for New Born, I don't mind who plays the intro, the most important thing it's the energy, which was totally absent in the last two-three years (except R/L, obviously)

I'm pretty sure that the trifecta of Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia will still get played at pretty much every gig. I'm less sure about what they will play from The Resistance as besides from Uprising, I'm not sure there are any standout hits for them to focus on.

I personally have no problem for SBH and KoC (this one not being the gig closer). From TR I think they'll keep Uprising and play often USoE and US, sometimes Resistance and/or Exo 1 and/or MK Ultra.

I'd take Hysteria over TIRO every fucking time. As for New Born, I don't mind who plays the intro, the most important thing it's the energy, which was totally absent in the last two-three years (except R/L, obviously)

I personally have no problem for SBH and KoC (this one not being the gig closer). From TR I think they'll keep Uprising and play often USoE and US, sometimes Resistance and/or Exo 1 and/or MK Ultra.

I would be surprised if the kept US, as it was barely ever played.

When I heard the New Born that was played at Leeds University in 2001 on youtube it sounded too fast haha! I must be used to their slower version... But in all honesty it doesn't bother me, I think there are other more important areas (guitar tone, matt's more powerful voice and in my opinion, nicer tone) to me that make the more recent versions (only where matt's playing the piano), like L&R '11, Teignmouth '09, Berlin '09, the best versions of the song I've heard!

When I heard the New Born that was played at Leeds University in 2001 on youtube it sounded too fast haha! I must be used to their slower version... But in all honesty it doesn't bother me, I think there are other more important areas (guitar tone, matt's more powerful voice and in my opinion, nicer tone) to me that make the more recent versions (only where matt's playing the piano), like L&R '11, Teignmouth '09, Berlin '09, the best versions of the song I've heard!

Yeah, I'd prefer Glasto 10's tone to Glasto 04's, though that final scream from 04 can't be beaten. The energy seems fine recently, were the arena performances significantly worse?

Frankly, they don't need to play all the hits at every gig. There are loads of songs that are practically exactly the same in terms of being a singalong, or using balloons, clapping along etc. Basically I'd be okay if they did these rotations on the next tour (just examples, cba writing them all down):

Bliss - Plug In Baby (balloons, singing along etc)

Resistance - Starlight (both are equally uninteresting and fill the same purpose)

Map of the Problematique - MK Ultra (Works well enough)

New Born - Unnatural Selection (Obvious. Only if Matt plays the intro though, and they play it slightly faster, otherwise New Born can go die in a fire)

TIRO - Hysteria (Also fairly obvious)

Agreed except just drop Resistance, doesn't have anything going for it live. Starlight is actually a bit better. I don't dislike hearing any of their regularly played hits (except to some extent Resistance), but they're all* just...there. Even Hysteria - the bass intro was great, same with the solo, but the rest of the song I barely remember. Maybe I've heard them on YT too many times. But I definitely agree, they really can swap around a lot of these.

*well not motp and some others

Don't you worry I will certainly not be booing,

I was talking about other people booing, not you :LOL: I got the impression you were wondering if you'd find people booing at the gigs, that's why i said that. Maybe i got it wrong lol

I lurves me some Starlight live :phu:

Thing is, although the hits should be rotated at least a little bit, you just know that they're not gonna start leaving songs like Starlight out of sets.

That triple of Undisclosed Desires, Resistance and Starlight actually sucked all the energy out of me after a long day at Reading. At least 2 of them need to go or at least don't play them all together. And to think Resistance was one of my favorite when i first heard it live.

The huge groan of disappointment in my section of the crowd at Reading when UD started was hilarious :chuckle:

Same thing happened where I was at Leeds, it felt sort of satisfying to know that that many people were voicing how bad the song was live :chuckle:

I wonder, if setlists get worse on the next tour or if the band play more 16-17 song gigs, will they have a full on booing crowd on their hands? It's got to the point now where more and more people seem to be seeing their flaws and complaining.

All Matt heard were the voices in his head, cheering loudly.

I'm surprised he can hear anything at all when his head is so far up his own ass.

Same thing happened where I was at Leeds, it felt sort of satisfying to know that that many people were voicing how bad the song was live :chuckle:

I wonder, if setlists get worse on the next tour or if the band play more 16-17 song gigs, will they have a full on booing crowd on their hands? It's got to the point now where more and more people seem to be seeing their flaws and complaining.

Hopefully more people will see through the cheap tricks they're trying to pull and let them know about it.

I was talking about other people booing, not you :LOL: I got the impression you were wondering if you'd find people booing at the gigs, that's why i said that. Maybe i got it wrong lol

I lurves me some Starlight live :phu:

Oh I see :happy: I was really joking but it sounds like its not uncommon :rolleyes: but on a small scale of coarse. I'm sure most people who boo are doing it in a jokey way, like if they started playing guiding light when I was there I'm sure I'd start laughing purely because I know how much hate it gets, even though I don't have a problem with it personally :p .

People booing at reading and Leeds is a bit far even if it is a joke, I mean come on they gave you what you wanted, the whole freaking OOS live :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter. UD is a shit live song no matter what/where the gig is.

I dont normally care, because i know they're going to play it and i'll probably really enjoy the rest of the gig anyway, but at Reading it was ridiculous how much it completely killed the atmosphere

I dont normally care, because i know they're going to play it and i'll probably really enjoy the rest of the gig anyway, but at Reading it was ridiculous how much it completely killed the atmosphere

It totally did! It flattened the atmosphere so much. That song does not rock :noey:

It didn't even make sense to play it though. It's flat and dull 99% of the time, it wasn't a successful single so casuals weren't desperate to hear it and it always kills the crowd's mood. Matt's logic really baffles me sometimes.

I think I might've preffered if they'd started the show with the general hits setlist and ended on the Origin stage and set.