I seem to remember Matt saying people didn't really seem that bothered about it when asked why they weren't playing it back on the T2L tour so if that's what he thought back when it was fresh, I can't see it happening all these years later.

Crowds are wise, let "Big Freeze" go. "Let it go" from Frozen will be badass, though.

Ugh, all the talk of the "r" thing is giving me flashbacks to when people were making a big deal about him getting his tooth fixed.

Like anyone in the world feels good about mobs of people talking about and making a big deal of their physical flaws, even if it's under the guise of "being cute" or "saying it's okay and not to change" or something like that.

*shudder*

It's either they're trying too hard(to find something to prove when there's nothing they need to) or they are just on a bit of a slump for motivation. I know this drum has had too much beating already, but I think they'd need to go and listen Showbiz and Hullabaloo a bit. It wouldn't probably hurt to listen to their even older stuff from way back. And I'm not saying this to be 'the guy' who says the need to write another 20 Dead Stars, but so that they would maybe find a real old one they themselves like and to bring it back to the sets.

The problem with this is, from the very first Drones era interview, Matt claimed that he was "trying to get into the mindset" of OoS and CE when writing new material.

And, more specifically in regards to that "magic" moment of seeing Agitated/Yes Please on the T2L gigs... he actually stated at one of those gigs that he was writing songs like those.

So... they did exactly what you're proposing when writing Drones.

(And then not only didn't bring back old songs, but systematically began eliminating the older songs that were still around.)

The problem with this is, from the very first Drones era interview, Matt claimed that he was "trying to get into the mindset" of OoS and CE when writing new material.

And, more specifically in regards to that "magic" moment of seeing Agitated/Yes Please on the T2L gigs... he actually stated at one of those gigs that he was writing songs like those.

So... they did exactly what you're proposing when writing Drones.

(And then not only didn't bring back old songs, but systematically began eliminating the older songs that were still around.)

Yeah it's weird. Like I said at some point, it was like pure insanity when they just went 'fuck setlist' and played Agitated/Yes Please instead of Bliss... Like a damn time machine. They're weird. But amazing. :chuckle:

I'm of the opinion that, while not necessarily planned, Agitated and Yes Please were not as spontaneous as every seems to think. They hadn't been touched in 12+ years at that point. No way did they just pull them out of nowhere after all that time and play them perfectly.

For me the most likely scenario is they had rehearsed them recently, possibly while trying to come up with a setlist for Zepp.

I'm of the opinion that, while not necessarily planned, Agitated and Yes Please were not as spontaneous as every seems to think. They hadn't been touched in 12+ years at that point. No way did they just pull them out of nowhere after all that time and play them perfectly.

For me the most likely scenario is they had rehearsed them recently, possibly while trying to come up with a setlist for Zepp.

Well I mean, if you look at the video, it's really funny, because Dom and Chris almost stop playing when they thought it was only gonna be the riff outro, so Matt turns and looks at them so they see he is actually singing the verse and that is when everyone in the stadium basically goes nuts.

Yeah they probably had rehearsed them earlier, but I mean, come on, TWO of that level of rarities instead of Bliss? Rehearsed earlier? Yeah. Matt just swapped them for Bliss on the spot? Probs.

I mean, tbf Agitated and Yes Please are suuuper simple and easy to remember so it would be easier to whip them out after years of not playing them than it would for other songs ('specially since remembering the words is hardly important) but, yeah, they'd probably recently rehearsed them for Zepp. Weren't they also considering doing a 20th anniversary thing at that point? Could've been for that as well.

Hoping they go back and listen to more old stuff again for the next club tour instead of just playing the ones they already know. Fillip would be top.

Yeah they probably had rehearsed them earlier, but I mean, come on, TWO of that level of rarities instead of Bliss? Rehearsed earlier? Yeah. Matt just swapped them for Bliss on the spot? Probs.

(that's pretty much what he said)