I'm just gonna drop the bomb here and say Chris should write at least half of the next album. Hell, why not even the whole thing. It may end up to be a completely different album than any of the previous ones but that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

I hate to be harsh considering how personal they are but if Liquid State and Save Me are anything to go by...yeeeah, no thanks.

I hate to be harsh considering how personal they are but if Liquid State and Save Me are anything to go by...yeeeah, no thanks.

The music is awesome tho. Maybe Chris could just compose the music and the Dom/Matt write the lyrics, pref. without Matt-o-typical clichés.

And this

Liquid State is my favourite live song from T2L. Love, love, love it live.

Both Save Me and Liquid State are incredibly generic. One of them might be some fun live, but if that would have been the output of the band before they got big, I don't think they ever would.

And consistently is really the most openly talked about topic on this forum. Not sure how you could miss it.

Not sure how anyone could interpret Chris as enjoying the music more than the other guys. If anything it's a running gag that Chris is fed up with the bullshit of the other two and is just hanging around because it's his main source of income.

Not sure how anyone could interpret Chris as enjoying the music more than the other guys. If anything it's a running gag that Chris is fed up with the bullshit of the other two and is just hanging around because it's his main source of income.

Might be my bassist bias(xd), but he seems to be the one having at least some fun live

But he just stands there and bobs his head? I mean I can't say he seems to smile or laugh more than Matt for example, who on top of that is the one running around and doing stage antics (because he's a frontman ofc, but still)

But he just stands there and bobs his head? I mean I can't say he seems to smile or laugh more than Matt for example, who on top of that is the one running around and doing stage antics (because he's a frontman ofc, but still)

Well I've probably got a smaller sample size than you, but when I was in front row on Chris's side, he was just smiling and seemingly enjoying the playing. Again, probably my bias, but I'm a pretty similar performer(of course the caliber is completely different but still), I tend to just stand a lot on my spot and simply play, enjoying it. I'm not saying Matt is completely out of gas for performing, but even though he runs around the stage and does his thing, he doesn't always really look like he is doing it just because he's so energetic.

Definitely, but honestly that feels like an issue with the whole band. They smile and play well (and probably have fun as well), but there's a spark missing with all of them. Maybe it's just getting older, or maybe it's that they don't really have anything to prove anymore, but the whole band feels like they're just on autopilot to me.

Definitely, but honestly that feels like an issue with the whole band. They smile and play well (and probably have fun as well), but there's a spark missing with all of them. Maybe it's just getting older, or maybe it's that they don't really have anything to prove anymore, but the whole band feels like they're just on autopilot to me.

Yeah that's what I think too. It's either they're trying too hard(to find something to prove when there's nothing they need to) or they are just on a bit of a slump for motivation. I know this drum has had too much beating already, but I think they'd need to go and listen Showbiz and Hullabaloo a bit. It wouldn't probably hurt to listen to their even older stuff from way back. And I'm not saying this to be 'the guy' who says the need to write another 20 Dead Stars, but so that they would maybe find a real old one they themselves like and to bring it back to the sets.

And one problem I think is still a problem is Matt's mindset on how important crowd reaction is to him. It's just a problem when it literally hinders his performance. When I saw them in Helsinki 2013 and they pulled off the miracle and played Agitated and Yes Please, it was just magic. It literally felt like the whole band got 10 years younger in a snap, Matt doing his epic screams, Dom and Chris just going ham on their instruments. Stockholm Syndrome before those two was a good performance, but like I said, when they just went 'fuck it' and played the two reeeeeaaall old ones, it was like turning a switch to make them younger.

I don't think it's just setlist. They didn't have much energy on stage during Wercher show I attended and that one had Micro Cuts, CE, some of the first performances of Drones songs, Uno, AP...

I think it's just their age showing. I'm not really the best to judge that but to me it sounds like they got even more tight (except Matt's fucking up The Handler first 10 times :LOL: ) than usual as a result

I don't think it's just setlist. They didn't have much energy on stage during Wercher show I attended and that one had Micro Cuts, CE, some of the first performances of Drones songs, Uno, AP...

I agree they weren't exactly moving much, but I still felt energy coming from them. They emitted a sense of power, which is the exact opposite to how I feel about their recent Belfast performance.

Hmm 9am in LA. We're close to the no return point I'd say. I've got two gifs ready to post depending on the outcome. One is a standard "its happening". The other is slightly more insensitive... :chuckle:

Definitely think next cycle they should continue the decent rotations from this tour, and add some older ones in place of The Globalist slot.

Sunburn

Muscle Museum

New Born (return after a break)

Bliss

Plug in Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

Sing for Absolution

Butterflies (replacing CE slot)

Hysteria

TIRO

Supermassive

Starlight

Map

Assassin

Knights

Uprising

Resistance

USoE

Madness

Psycho

Mercy

Dead Inside

And say 7-8 from the new album, should be the songs considered next tour IMO. Taking in popularity, song fatigue, rotating rarities (break for CE, B&H comes back). I can't see many Drones songs staying, especially Reapers sadly.

Thats 22 songs (I think), so not all will be played so let's say half or just over half are played. Add a max of 7-8 new songs per gig and it's 20 songs. Achievable especially minus The Globalist and should if the picks are right satisfy all.

Ah are we at this point of an album/tour cycle once again? Go on then, less of a prediction and more of an 'ideal-but-reasonable' thing:

Every gig: Plug In Baby | Stockholm | Knights, Starlight, Supermassive | Uprising | Psycho | 6-7 new songs (obvs)

Regular rotation: Bliss, New Born | Apocalypse Please, Butterflies, Hysteria, TIRO | Map | Resistance | Madness | The Handler, Mercy

Occasional rotation: Sunburn, Unintended | Citizen, Dead Star, Feeling Good | Blackout, Sing For Absolution | Invincible, Take A Bow | Eurasia, Unnatural Selection | Panic Station, Supremacy, Survival (if Matt's voice gets better), Unsustainable | Dead Inside, Reapers

Rare: Agitated, Muscle Museum | Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Space Dementia | Ruled By Secrecy | Assassin, Hoodoo | MK Ultra | Animals

Clubs only: Fillip, Showbiz, Uno, Yes Please | Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Darkshines, Futurism | Fury, The Groove, The Small Print, TOADA | City Of Delusion

Jam rotations (the same one at every gig per tour cycle is super dull): Dracula Mountain, Gallery, Helsinki, Minimum, Monty, Munich, Nishe, Osaka

...or am I asking too much

I seem to remember Matt saying people didn't really seem that bothered about it when asked why they weren't playing it back on the T2L tour so if that's what he thought back when it was fresh, I can't see it happening all these years later.