They didn't iirc, think that's just a misunderstanding. Pretty sure Matt just said that loads of people put out Christmas songs but hardly anyone does anything for Halloween and it made sense for them 'cause they love dressing up and doing stupid shit, didn't actually say anything about doing it every year tmk. I'd be well up for it though :chuckle:
pretty sure he did at least imply it. He talked about making it their "thing"

pretty sure he did at least imply it. He talked about making it their "thing"

Did he? Guess I either didn't hear or just forgot that part, fair enough.

Bring on Monster Mash or Vampyre of Time & Memory next year then :awesome:

Edit: I would also be VERY down for Keep Your Eyes Peeled (QOTSA) as well actually.

Edit 2: and actually do a gig next time you bums

Edited by Jobby

He's been on Twitter and seems to think they're doing Lollapalooza Chicago.

He also seems to have backtracked from the hip-hop comments, but has said he might dig the acoustic out. But we'll see. Pretty sure it was mentioned as an idea after both Resistance & T2L. But given the idea surfaced both when Drones came out and now, maybe there's more of an element of it coming to fruition.

He's been on Twitter and seems to think they're doing Lollapalooza Chicago.

He also seems to have backtracked from the hip-hop comments, but has said he might dig the acoustic out. But we'll see. Pretty sure it was mentioned as an idea after both Resistance & T2L. But given the idea surfaced both when Drones came out and now, maybe there's more of an element of it coming to fruition.

When did he backtrack from the hip-hop?

And yes, it was mentioned after both TR and T2L, he even acknowledged it during the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Imagine how many #lads will be there if it's Muse and Kasabian.

Leeds Fest is a #lad mecca regardless who's playing tbf :chuckle:

There's still a market for them. They have to bring out a decent album next time or they won't sell out Wembley anymore.

They just set a record attendance at the O2 this year, I don't think it's that bad yet :LOL:

also, 'commercially successful' would probs be more accurate than 'decent'. Worth remembering that it was an album as meh as TR that launched them to being able to do full-on stadium tours.

According to eFestivals, Muse gonna play Reading & Leeds Festival.

Yup - TBC along with Kasabian.

There's a surprise. Though I'd be more game if they plan any small-scale warm-ups.

There's still a market for them. They have to bring out a decent album next time or they won't sell out Wembley anymore.

They just set a record attendance at the O2 this year, I don't think it's that bad yet :LOL:

also, 'commercially successful' would probs be more accurate than 'decent'. Worth remembering that it was an album as meh as TR that launched them to being able to do full-on stadium tours.

Yeah - I mean, 5x20,000+ at the O2 is a bigger crowd size than Wembley, and not still counting all the tix sold in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. But AFAIK on The Unsustainable Tour, the only gig that sold out was the first Emirates show.

Yup - TBC along with Kasabian.

There's a surprise. Though I'd be more game if they plan any small-scale warm-ups.

Yeah - I mean, 5x20,000+ at the O2 is a bigger crowd size than Wembley, and not still counting all the tix sold in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. But AFAIK on The Unsustainable Tour, the only gig that sold out was the first Emirates show.

The French and Italian shows are all sold out

It ain't happening :chuckle:

After everything this dream has been through it is going to take a lot more than that to kill it, my friend.

Well we had "year late 20th anniversary tour", so... :chuckle:

What was that Serpent said about playing with easily excited emotions... :shifty:

Eh, I'll probs go anyway. Haven't been Leeds fest in a few years.

Dammit guys, I posted that for you to talk me down not add fuel to my irrational fire.

Ah well, at least it's local and dead easy to get tickets at any time for so I won't get perma-anxiety over it :chuckle:

If it ends up being their only UK festival next year, I guess they could fancy doing something special for it, 'specially since it's an off-year for them where they're usually pretty laid-back. And we know(?) at this point that they were seriously considering doing a Black Holes thing last year, maybe even to the extent of making plans, before obviously deciding against it for whatever reason.

The idea of them doing it twice in a row at L/R and a year late does scream 'stfu you idiot' at me though, which is probs the more reliable of the voices in my head if we're being honest.

Edit: Fuck, I'm actually talking myself into this being possible now :facepalm: Someone get tweeting at them so we can get some hints like last time.

Edited by Jobby