So I guess that's it then? Just the song; gig(s) not particularly likely in next few days/weeks?

I'm still expecting a gig on Monday, announced in the morning and first come first in. Mostly because it would make sense that those video costumes are their halloween costumes, and what better place to wear them than at a gig where they play that song.

Standard rarity gig, encore and switch into costumes and continue.

Sounds plausible. Are they still in LA?

Very good question. I have no idea.

My main reason for suspicion: Why release a song in Halloween costumes, with the tagline "Muse Halloween Special", three days before Halloween? Something else is definitely happening on Monday imo.

Edited by ryanp16

Very good question. I have no idea.

My main reason for suspicion: Why release a song in Halloween costumes, with the tagline "Muse Halloween Special", three days before Halloween? Something else is definitely happening on Monday imo.

Because otherwise they would've just released it Mon, I see what you mean :)

I'm still expecting a gig on Monday, announced in the morning and first come first in.

Yeah, the whole thing just seems like it's dying for some kind of campy gig with those costumes. As fun as the song is on its own, it'd seem like a bit of a missed opportunity if they didn't tbh. God, I hope it's not first come first served though, I hate that stuff :(

Did we ever get any idea of how fast the Electric Ballroom gig sold out? It'd take me around 3 hours by train to reach London if something happened there but I've no idea if that'd be enough time or not...

Unless maybe he was in another country or part of England beforehand? Sounded like he was doing some touring with another band super recently. Could always be in LA I guess, just anywhere in the US is always a surprising choice for something special :chuckle: Not that they don't deserve it, obvs.

Then again, could just be that Muse aren't doing anything and he's on about something else.

why must you take away what little hope i have left

No hope is better than destroyed hope, child :(

...actually, fuck it, there's too many factors lining up too conveniently for my liking here. Feed the hype fire.

(seems like Matt also got his partying out of the way on Friday night, if you wanna get real conspiracy-y)

...actually, fuck it, there's too many factors lining up too conveniently for my liking here. Feed the hype fire.

(seems like Matt also got his partying out of the way on Friday night, if you wanna get real conspiracy-y)

:LOL:

Yeah I noticed that too, actually. :shifty:

So here's what we know:

• A video is released with the tagline "Muse Halloween Special", with them in costumes, three days before Halloween. (Why not just release it on Halloween?)
  • Matt, Dom and Tom we're partying two nights ago while in Halloween dress (they probably wont get a chance on Monday night if there's a gig)
  • One of their roadies was at home last night (twitter confirms) and is currently at an airport. Presumably he's heading somewhere and isn't just plane spotting / pick someone up.

Edit: All of this detective work and conspiracies reminds me of the Satellite Tour fiasco.

Edited by ryanp16

So, IF it is a gig... Abroad confirmed? Wouldn't fly internally surely?

I'm inclined to agree. We know he's used trains for gigs before but if it was a sizeable distance, like going from Brighton to Scotland then maybe he'd fly.

I know Tom took a train from Manchester to Brighton during the Psycho Tour.

Fuck me if it's in Ireland 'cos it'll be basically impossible for me to get to.

I don't think it's in the US, because if he was going to say, LA, surely he'd fly over more than a day before the gig? Otherwise he'll probably be massively jetlagged and have to deal with the climate difference all while getting ready for a gig.

I'm massively overthinking this, I know, but it's so much fun.

Main places I can think are maybe LA, Ireland, Paris or London (unless the roadie lives near or in London, then I guess that can be ruled out). Sliiight chance it could end up being a Teignmouth thing but I wouldn't put much if anything on that, 'specially since I can't think of any airports near there.

I don't think it's in the US, because if he was going to say, LA, surely he'd fly over more than a day before the gig?

this is also not a bad shout