Ok, so, I'm inclined to believe Muse are playing at Stubb's in Austin during SXSW this Thursday sometime during the day. Going off of this:

I have no idea if Prince is true,but 100% sure a Stubb's daytime show w/ a bona fide arena/festival headliner is happening + has yet to leak

https://twitter.com/Andylanger/status/310968072901103616

+ This (a concert featuring Pat Green being thrown for the Final Four Concert Series, where Muse is performing in April. I feel positive this is where they'll be at on Thursday):

http://1iota.com/show/view/Road_to_the_Final_Four_Concert_Series_presented_by_Coke_Zero

+ Dead Sara being in town/playing a showcase that day (can't find the website for the party they're playing currently, but they are playing a showcase/party/event that day)

+ Muse having the day off and already being in TX during the week. As well as playing at Stubb's during SXSW in years past of course.

Grain of salt and can be a stretch though. We'll see what happens.

Ok, so, I'm inclined to believe Muse are playing at Stubb's in Austin during SXSW this Thursday sometime during the day.

Can you provide some context what this would likely mean? I assume this wouldn't just be a regular gig, I mean just judging by the fact that it's during daytime? Would it be a small venue gig and/or possibly broadcasted live (asking because of this:http://www.npr.org/about/press/2012/030112.NPRMusicInAustin.html)?

Can you provide some context what this would likely mean? I assume this wouldn't just be a regular gig, I mean just judging by the fact that it's during daytime? Would it be a small venue gig and/or possibly broadcasted live (asking because of this:http://www.npr.org/about/press/2012/030112.NPRMusicInAustin.html)?

It would pretty much mean a small/intimate venue show. Most likely announced the day prior or on the day of since it'd be a surprise performance. Like how they performed for Myspace at SXSW at the same place back in 2010.

+ This (a concert featuring Pat Green being thrown for the Final Four Concert Series, where Muse is performing in April. I feel positive this is where they'll be at on Thursday):

http://1iota.com/show/view/Road_to_the_Final_Four_Concert_Series_presented_by_Coke_Zero

+ Dead Sara being in town/playing a showcase that day (can't find the website for the party they're playing currently, but they are playing a showcase/party/event that day)

+ Muse having the day off and already being in TX during the week. As well as playing at Stubb's during SXSW in years past of course.

Grain of salt and can be a stretch though. We'll see what happens.

:stunned: how can you be so sure? are you basing this off of their tour dates and location?

• 3 weeks later...

That's the rumor I heard from radio people I know. Well it's being

planned, or the concert promoters want Muse to do that Album

at the Voodoo Music Experience this year. And they are pulling

out all the stops to get them.

By the way the Voodoo Music Festival is after Halloween this year, Nov 1 - 3, 2013.

Dunno. Seems highly unlikely that they would go to the US, and a festival as well, to play an old album in full. Playing Origin at a UK festival was weird in itself.

EDIT: Not to mention that their manager told a fan that they weren't doing a full Abso gig.

Why aren't muse organizing venues north of manchester? there are often gigs by well known names at sunderland's stadium of light,or on a smaller scale the metro radio arena in newcastle,or more intimate venues like o2 academies,if the likes of keane can do it why not muse,or are they now too big to care.perhaps muse could consider this for future gigs,it's expensive& time consuming travelling to the likes of manchester

Why aren't muse organizing venues north of manchester? there are often gigs by well known names at sunderland's stadium of light,or on a smaller scale the metro radio arena in newcastle,or more intimate venues like o2 academies,if the likes of keane can do it why not muse,or are they now too big to care.perhaps muse could consider this for future gigs,it's expensive& time consuming travelling to the likes of manchester

They've been too big for a while to do small gigs outside of special occasions.

Lots of people travel for Muse concerts. It can't be that bad.

Are you really complaining for travelling for about 200 kms? Wow.

as much as id like to be positive about that chance i have to say it is highly unlikely. unless they were holding an "Abso Concert" in the US and UK (since Abso actually was well received here whereas OOS was only officially released here like 2 years ago). even then, small chance

well, maybe they won't play the album in full, but maybe they will play the festival anyway, Fall US 2nd Law Tour, remember?

yeah they can definitely play the festival regardless. im sure the festival execs know how much more revenue they could bring in if they got an "absolution show" so theyll try to get that