haha! i thought an amp went without saying! ok yes i have an amp. i could do what? soz i've only been playing for a year....

What kind of guitar is it? Does it have a whammy bar?

Feedback can be made if you turn up the drive on your amp and put your guitar close to the speaker. If you have a whammy bar, that would be handy in manipulating the feedback.

What kind of guitar is it? Does it have a whammy bar?

Feedback can be made if you turn up the drive on your amp and put your guitar close to the speaker. If you have a whammy bar, that would be handy in manipulating the feedback.

it's a squire. yes it has a wammy bar. so how would i play this solo?

it's a squire. yes it has a wammy bar. so how would i play this solo?

I'd suggest just playing harmonics and using feedback from the amp and using the whammy bar to manipulate their pitch. You could always try a Morello pick scrape solo too :p

I'd suggest just playing harmonics and using feedback from the amp and using the whammy bar to manipulate their pitch. You could always try a Morello pick scrape solo too :p

i'm sorryyyy... :'( i don't know what harmonics is.... . Morello pick scrape solo? i feel so stupid

:facepalm: We've all had our moments I guess.

Basically there's loads of different versions that Matt's done live. The easiest probably is the studio version. If your amp has reverb, get loads of that going, and then wiggle the whammy (I like that Alex :pope: ). With the fuzz setting/distortion ofc

Tab for the solo is here... you can find it easy enough :LOL:http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/muse/supermassive_black_hole_ver5_tab.htm

i'm sorryyyy... :'( i don't know what harmonics is.... . Morello pick scrape solo? i feel so stupid

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_PAhaPAxQ&feature=fvst[/YT]

2:28 - Morello scratch solo. Just take your pick and slide it up and down the strings. As for harmonics, you'll either have to ask your teacher to show you how or ask some one on here, it's hard to describe how to do one.

...teacher...i teach myself...xD:happy:

Fair play to you... I played for 5 years with a teacher before I started teaching myself :facepalm::LOL:

Harmonics are basically all over a fretboard, you have to find the right place and literally only touch the string, don't push down like you normally would. Hard to get at first but once you have it's easy.

Fair play to you... I played for 5 years with a teacher before I started teaching myself :facepalm::LOL:

Harmonics are basically all over a fretboard, you have to find the right place and literally only touch the string, don't push down like you normally would. Hard to get at first but once you have it's easy.

:) wouldn't that mute the string?

Archived