Anyone got a good tab of Screenager? I physically cannot play what's in the tab book (pre-chorus)

Haha yeah, those chords are a bitch, but I actually manage to play them after a lot of finger stretching exercises :p I find the song really fun to play, except for the chorus which is kinda boring...

Hey guys, new to the forum :) D'ya know when Muse played that version of 'America' from West Side Story live? Does anybody have a tab for that? Can't find one anywhere!

Hey guys, new to the forum :) D'ya know when Muse played that version of 'America' from West Side Story live? Does anybody have a tab for that? Can't find one anywhere!

I never knew that but if it's true then that is so, so awesome :LOL: Matt going "AmeRI-CA!!!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

EDIT: Or not... lol.

Edited by bucket_

I never knew that but if it's true then that is so, so awesome :LOL: Matt going "AmeRI-CA!!!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

EDIT: Or not... lol.

Hahaa, that wouldn't sound too great :p well it was an instrumental thing, like a guitar solo that they played at the start of the Giants Stadium gig. Search it up on youtube, quality's bad, but it sounds awesome!

A week or two ago, there were a few of you talking about one of the chords in the Micro Cuts chorus that was horribly wrong in the tab book or something, but as I'd not played Micro Cuts in a while, I didn't pay particular notice to it. I was playing it again for the first time in ages over the weekend though (having a proper riff fest along with Hyper Music and Dead Star in the process, I might add), and I really noticed it. I'm assuming it's the chord that's x-10-12-12-9-10 or whatever, as it's the only one that looks odd and also sounds really out of place. Can anyone who was talking about it before let me know what should be played instead of that? Cheers! :)

I don't have the Hullabaloo tab book, so that doesn't help me much! :rolleyes:

I think the b string note that's played should be on the 11th fret instead of the 9th, which would make it a Gm Barre chord. :) Of course, really, you could always just play the power chord so it's:

G: 12

D: 12

A: 10

And it would probably sound good. :)

I found the Hullabaloo version but won't be able to save it on my laptop until tomorrow, so I'll wait until tomorrow night and try at the different options, then see what sounds best.

A week or two ago, there were a few of you talking about one of the chords in the Micro Cuts chorus that was horribly wrong in the tab book or something, but as I'd not played Micro Cuts in a while, I didn't pay particular notice to it. I was playing it again for the first time in ages over the weekend though (having a proper riff fest along with Hyper Music and Dead Star in the process, I might add), and I really noticed it. I'm assuming it's the chord that's x-10-12-12-9-10 or whatever, as it's the only one that looks odd and also sounds really out of place. Can anyone who was talking about it before let me know what should be played instead of that? Cheers! :)

yeah that's the one, just fret the 2nd string at fret 11 instead of 9

Anyone got a decent Resistance tab?

All tabs I find on UG look kinda weird to play.

I do :)

Just wondering about dead star. Is the intro 12th fret on a drop D or 5th fret on the A?

I do...

D 0 [12] [12] 0 [12] [12] 0 [12] [12] [3] [3] [3] [3] 0 [12] [12] 0 [12] [12] 0 [12] [12]------------------

A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [3] [3] [3] [3]

Then the main riff...

Natural harmonics...Hope that looks alright...

the riff is the part I meant but that tab you have sound better then what I was doing. What I meant was some tabs have the riff as

A|-5---0--5---0--5---------0-3-4-|

D|---0-0----0-0----0-5-6-7-0-----|

But it sounds to me like

D|-12-0-0---12-0-0---12-0-7--8--9-10-12-----|

Which is more accurate?

Ooooooohhhhh, sorry...I use the 5th fret on the A string 99% of the time really...But I wouldn't be surprised if it's meant to be the other one...I do play it on the D string sometimes though, either to powerchord it and make it a bit chunkier, or to make it easier to go into the chord in the second part of the riff...

Edited by Bs

the riff is the part I meant but that tab you have sound better then what I was doing. What I meant was some tabs have the riff as

A|-5---0--5---0--5---------0-3-4-|

D|---0-0----0-0----0-5-6-7-0-----|

But it sounds to me like

D|-12-0-0---12-0-0---12-0-7--8--9-10-12-----|

Which is more accurate?

I've always played:

D:12-0-0-12-0-0-12-0-5-6-7-0-10-11

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the way Matt plays it to be honest. It's what he did on songs like New Born...

I've always played:

D:12-0-0-12-0-0-12-0-5-6-7-0-10-11

I was just jamming around with it and I think this is fairly accurate.

A:-----------------------------------0-------------

D:12-0-0-12-0-0-12-0-5-6-7---10-11-12

The open A sounds great in there I think

Yeah I think that's how it's meant to be played. Sounds right to me anyway.