Me and Flor (AguanteRiver) just left our stuff at the HI hostel because we can't check in til after 3. We're across the street at Panera for lunch right now :awesome: (Warning to all - construction is kind of an issue haha)

Oh well we'll be at HI by 3 so see you there!

Got a parking question for anyone who has either been to Lolla before or knows the area well.

What is the parking situation like? Is there specific parking for the festival? Or is it more along the lines of finding your own? Also what are the general costs of parking for the day?

Thanks in advance :)

don't park downtown. its' way to expensive. find public transport via the CTA on transitchicago.com or use google maps to map out a bus/train route. you'd be mental to drive and park. there is no parking for the festival as it's downtown in the middle of the city.

Walked around Grant Park a bit this morning and took some pictures, though portions are gradually being closed off and they're now trying to keep people out of the fountain area, so I'm glad I went when I did. Had a limited view of the south stage but it seems like they still have quite a bit of set-up to complete. Also saw separate merch booths for headliners and non-headliners. They were unpacking when I walked by, but didn't see any Muse stuff out yet (I assume it'll be the same standard stuff sold at LA Rising and apparently Indy, and by extension, the shows last year. Too bad. Was at least hoping for shirts with the 2011 festival dates on them.)

I'm at the hostel now. :) I just caught up on the thread, and I have to say, I was at Indy last night and I'm still psyched to see Muse again tomorrow. I don't care if it's the same setlist. (I've finally seen B&H! :D ) They were awesome last night, loads of energy, and I think they'll be great tomorrow as well. Best of luck to anyone who opts to go see Coldplay instead, though. ;)

I'm wearing a seaside rendezvous t shirt today if anyone spots me, cone say hi!

We are in the lobby of HI waiting to go to dinner! :) Anyone is welcome

EDIT: we just left. People can still meet us at kumas!

Were going to kumas corner right now everyones welcome to join us

I met you!!

We randomly met Niall and Kat outside HI Hostel today! :) A pleasure! And then a guy asking for money killed the vibe.

Haha yeah! That was like the 8th person to do that to me! Loads did it in union station. Ah well, we got like 36 epic group photos!

Archived