And just like that, a sunny weekend is now forecast with the only possible thunderstorm outlook on Friday, with temps in the low 80's, and even then, this all could still change in the blink of an eye. ;)

TBH, after LA Rising I'm hoping for clouds. I have some funny looking sunburns, where I missed a spot with my roll-on sunblock. :LOL:

TBH, after LA Rising I'm hoping for clouds. I have some funny looking sunburns, where I missed a spot with my roll-on sunblock. :LOL:

hey :someonecute: will ya rub this stuff all over me? ;) make sure you get it all over :LOL:

if you really need it, you know they make the color-changing sunblock (mainly for kids) right? it usually changes from purple or blue to clear, to make sure all the areas are covered. quite practical, really!

ALSO, just to go along with my WEAR EARPLUGS mantra (see sig)

..... just because it's cloudy doesn't mean you won't get deep-set WRINKLES :eek: from the invisible UVA rays. if there's daylight, you're getting sun exposure. period.

just ask my dermatologist. they make tons of money off me :p

1st of all, I think doors open at 11. 2nd, is it bad that I'm now considering seeing coldplay? Last night's setlist really didn't impress me, and I have never seen coldplay.

go to see Ratatat instead, they are very innovating amazing band

I'm kind've joining this thread late.. but is there a place a bunch of yous are meeting? me and my buddy are going down and would love to meet some fellow muse fans. we've gotta a place at the ramada

We're still working that out, but yes. There's a chance we might have a soccer game with Chris on Thursday, and we want to do either a picnic or a dinner out that night. Then some of us are going for barrier on Friday, and others want to do some sightseeing on Monday or Wednesday. :) There's a pretty good-sized group at the Travelodge and another at the HI Hostel.

Musers at Lolla Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/172987276068310/?ap=1

Chicago Muser Meet Thread: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=81411

:)

Got a parking question for anyone who has either been to Lolla before or knows the area well.

What is the parking situation like? Is there specific parking for the festival? Or is it more along the lines of finding your own? Also what are the general costs of parking for the day?

Thanks in advance :)

I'd imagine getting out of there each night gets pretty crazy?

Yeah I think it would. That's why I am just taking a bus up and walking to wherever I need to go.

yup, all those ideas work. if I could add ....

check Google Maps for downtown Chicago parking near Grant Park, but Millennium Garage parking is right nearby but can get costly. you pay for the shorter walk to your car.

there are loads of "self park" and parking structures in the downtown / grant park area, but that will be mainly west of Michigan Avenue and will require a short 2+ block walk, depending on how close you can get.

unlike 'some' so-called cities, Chicago really does have public transportation that runs either all-night or into the wee-hours, and this includes buses and trains. it's relatively easy to look up on a site such as http://rtachicago.org/ .... once you get here, if you need to, you can usually buy an "all you can eat" weekend travel pass -- but that's only if you think you will need it and will get on/off public transport a lot. [note; a CTA pass does NOT include the suburban bus system Pace nor does it cover the regional trains for Metra. those are separate tickets and fares and they will be very very grumpy if you try to ride their bus/train with a CTA pass :LOL:]

unlike 'some' so-called cities, Chicago really does have public transportation that runs either all-night or into the wee-hours, and this includes buses and trains. it's relatively easy to look up on a site such as http://rtachicago.org/ .... once you get here, if you need to, you can usually buy an "all you can eat" weekend travel pass -- but that's only if you think you will need it and will get on/off public transport a lot. [note; a CTA pass does NOT include the suburban bus system Pace nor does it cover the regional trains for Metra. those are separate tickets and fares and they will be very very grumpy if you try to ride their bus/train with a CTA pass :LOL:]

I was thinking of getting a pass. In LA, a one-way cab ride from the airport to the venue cost $46 (a 20 minute drive), so paying $28 for a 7-day CTA/Pace card sounds like a pretty good deal to me! They even have the vending machines at the airport.

It'll be nice to be in a city with actual public transportation. :LOL:

In regards to those aiming for the barrier, what is your plan for when you have to use restroom lavatories?

You will be sweating so much you really will only have to piss once or so, just bring a water bottle

Yep. On one hand, that means I can watch Coldplay's set whenever some records and uploads it. On the other hand, pretty much every one of Coldplay's festivals has been streamed this year and I doubt their set here will be radically different. It seems like Muse webcasts at festivals have been pretty elusive for whatever reason.

Such a shame. Was looking forward to a pro-shot version of myself singing along to the KoC guitar. :LOL:

Archived