Riffs are swell and all, but songs are the bees knees. :(

Edit: And really, time constraints? What's an extra 15 minutes? :indiff:

Riffs are swell when they're stuck in because the mood hits you right, like what happened in LA seemed very spontaneous... but riffs aren't the same when it's always the same ones, you're not playing something extra, you're just making the song longer....

If it's a matter of curfew, 15mins could be a big deal, but if there's an issue the show should just start earlier... that said, I think the time is still about 1hr40mins, so :erm:

So they get 2 hours at Voodoo fest

think they will play the whole time?

Not likely... they had long time slots at some of the european festivals and still played like 1hr30-45min...

Unless they decide to do something special because it's the end :)

Not likely... they had long time slots at some of the european festivals and still played like 1hr30-45min...

Unless they decide to do something special because it's the end :)

I hope we at least get 1hr45 mins. A 17-18 song setlist like the arena shows would be great

I didnt know that about the European festivals. Every festival ive seen they've got an hour and a half. Thats a bit saddening.

At least, if they plan on a 1hr30 or 1hr45, maybe they won't be afraid to go crazy on riffs like on Staples night 2 because they wont have to worry about curfew. That'd be awesome :p

Riffs are swell when they're stuck in because the mood hits you right, like what happened in LA seemed very spontaneous... but riffs aren't the same when it's always the same ones, you're not playing something extra, you're just making the song longer....

If it's a matter of curfew, 15mins could be a big deal, but if there's an issue the show should just start earlier... that said, I think the time is still about 1hr40mins, so :erm:

I guess I didn't realize the time slots were the same. I'm still guessing they played longer in LA since they had extra songs AND they included epic riffage. Maybe they got a late start tonight; I wasn't paying attention. If the time playing is about the same as the gigs w/ 17 songs then I guess we can't complain. Oh wait, sure we can! :p

I wonder how long the SS outro was tonight...

I guess I didn't realize the time slots were the same. I'm still guessing they played longer in LA since they had extra songs AND they included epic riffage. Maybe they got a late start tonight; I wasn't paying attention. If the time playing is about the same as the gigs w/ 17 songs then I guess we can't complain. Oh wait, sure we can! :p

I wonder how long the SS outro was tonight...

For the gigs I went to in the spring, the set lengths were something like 1hr40min for the 16 song MD set, 1hr45 for the 17 song VA set and 1hr50 for the 18 song NYC set. So, the length does vary, but since they're essentially playing the MD setlist without MKU right now, if they added 3-5mins of extra riffs after SS, the show would end up being the same length.

Even if < 9000 attendees buy only 15 songs - just taking the Rock in Rio festival setlist. Drop any one to make 15 and we (Sacramento and Rio) would still be in heaven, old fans, new fans, Twi-hards will all be happy. Just a small treat/tweak here and there and a 15 song setlist becomes a fabulous one. Why not do it???? Grrrrrrr. All of these have been played in Sept. so the visuals are all there. Including Bliss. I would like a word with management please!

1.MK Ultra

2.Map of the Problematique

3.UprisingRiff Version

4.Supermassive Black Hole

5.Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

6.Stockholm Syndrome With Glitterati Toss

7.Nishe Drum and Bass Jam

8.United States Of Eurasia

9.Resistance

10.Undisclosed Desires

11.Time Is Running Out

12.Starlight

13.Plug In Baby

Encore:

14.Citizen Erased

15.Hysteria Interlude

16.Knights of Cydonia

I agree. I doubt if anything in the future will top Staple's riffs. So spontaeous. I can see Dom and Chris setting an ultimatum after that - 4 tops Matt, no more!

I always dreaded the 15 song arena set, but I thought that Muse would never swoop that low without good reason. Now it's appeared twice, I just don't want to know this band anymore.

It's not even about what songs they play anymore, it's about the length of their gigs and how much of their back catalogue they actually want to consider. It appears they want to consider the section that has already been exposed to the public.

Oh, sorry - not counting CE. Honestly, if they play CE, will anyone care about what's happening on the towers :)? They can just show the guys on the towers, like Sunburn on screens in Singapore! Think we'd complain?

It's less about the towers than it is about the whole set up wrt the piano tbh.

They played 14 songs when I saw them in 2004 at Webster Hall. Just saying. And the quality of those songs were MUCH higher (AP, TSP, ToaDA, MM, CE, RBS, Sunburn, B&H, Bliss). If this set pops up a few more times I think I'm gonna sell my tickets...:/

Sacramento and Albuquerque probably got 15 songs because they're smaller markets, which is true for 95% of the cities on this leg compared to the first leg -- fair or not. It's not looking very good for everyone else, though I'd be surprised if Denver got 15 tonight too. LA and NYC are the two exceptions, and we saw what happened in LA. Also, NYC is the only city that is getting the towers twice on two legs, so I doubt we're going to get anything worse than we did in the spring.

Oh, sorry - not counting CE. Honestly, if they play CE, will anyone care about what's happening on the towers :)? They can just show the guys on the towers, like Sunburn on screens in Singapore! Think we'd complain?

CE would look beautiful with this set production, with them playing the outro while the towers rise.

Denver setlist:

0. We Are The Universe

1. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Knights of Cydonia

4. Uprising

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Hysteria

7. Nishe + United States of Eurasia

8. Feeling Good

9. MK Jam + Undisclosed Desires

10. Resistance

11. Starlight

12. Time Is Running Out

13. Unnatural Selection