I'm not trolling, I just feel a need to voice my displeasure over how Muse has been conducting this recent tour of America. I know a lot of people have been complaining, and I'm finding it almost impossible to back them anymore.

I saw my first Muse show back in March at Madison Square Garden. Obviously it may not have been as good as their gigs were back for Absolution or OoS, but I thought it was a really good show. Muse played 21 songs that night, and I felt like I got my money's worth. They played for about 2 hours.

Now, their shows have become an embarrassment. If you've gone to one of their recent shows and have enjoyed it, that's great. It honestly is. I'm happy that you've been able to enjoy it. But as someone who has gone to a bunch of concerts now, I think it's ridiculous what Muse is doing. We're talking about a band who has 5 albums of good material, and there's trudging out there every night playing 15 songs, two of which are instrumentals (and Nishe shouldn't even count as a song).

I went to a Green Day concert a couple months ago. Now I understand Green Day plays longer shows than most, but they effing impressed me. These guys are in their mid-30's, and they played a 36 song, 3 hour non-stop blistering set that left people in a daze. They played so long that I almost wasn't sad when it was over because I was exhausted. I'm not saying Muse has to go to that extreme, but when you consider that Green Day can do that, there's no reason Muse can't give a little more. Meat Loaf is playing longer shows these days, and he looks like he could die at any moment on the stage.

I haven't been to any of these recent shows, but I am very discouraged by what Muse is doing. I bought tickets to the October 23 show at Nassau Coliseum back in May and I was super excited; now, I'm feeling apprehensive. It's only my second Muse show so I'll enjoy whatever they do, but I will not be pleased if I get a 15 song stinker set. I do fortunately live in NYC, so maybe Muse will be inspired to play a little longer, but that's not the point. US fans wait a long time to see Muse, and pay good money to go to a show, and they're getting stinkers.

Muse needs to change their act soon or I won't be so desperate to get tickets in the future. Just because they can get away with these setlists doesn't mean they should. All they would have to do is plug Citizen Erased and Bliss into their current pathetic setlists and everyone would shut up and be like OMG MUSE IS AMAZING, but they just won't do it. They're stubborn and seem like they're just trying to get through the tour with minimal effort. I joked with my friends that Muse would find their shows in America paled in comparison to a summer spent headlining over Europe. I didn't think I'd actually be right.

it seems to me that every euro show on the arena tour except the festivals got something pretty special... lets look at it shall we

Bern - 21 songs, "unintended" and "I Belong To You"

Milan - 21 songs, cover of "back in black" and "unintended"

Nijmegen - 20 songs, "bliss", "citizen erased",

Helsinki - 17 songs - "bliss"

manchester - 21 songs - "butterflies & hurricanes", "citizen erased",

so we all know what happened at wembley, and most of the festivals got copy cutter setlists like we are at headlining shows in the usa, but every headlining show got something pretty special and 20+ songs

The shows this summer were the stadium tour, not the arena tour. They were always meant to be longer/bigger shows.

The arena tour in europe was last fall and pretty much got the same basic setlist we've gotten in the US :)

it seems to me that every euro show on the arena tour except the festivals got something pretty special... lets look at it shall we

Bern - 21 songs, "unintended" and "I Belong To You"

Milan - 21 songs, cover of "back in black" and "unintended"

Nijmegen - 20 songs, "bliss", "citizen erased",

Helsinki - 17 songs - "bliss"

manchester - 21 songs - "butterflies & hurricanes", "citizen erased",

so we all know what happened at wembley, and most of the festivals got copy cutter setlists like we are at headlining shows in the usa, but every headlining show got something pretty special and 20+ songs

Except they wernt arena shows, they were stadiums, so Muse has to play more songs as the tickets cost more.

touche..... I still feel like there should be no difference in setlist between a stadium tour and an arena tour... not like its a different crowd, or time allowance. hell, if they are short on time, im fairly positive most muse fans would take a 2 - 2 1/2 hour set over an hour and a half and an opener

Except they wernt arena shows, they were stadiums, so Muse has to play more songs as the tickets cost more.

p.s. machester tickets were 71.50 in us dollars.... I paid 67.50 for my Columbus floor ticket.... 4 dollars is why they played a longer setlist in a stadium?

Yeah, this should be in the Fall tour thread --> http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=77937

BTW just as a point of fact, they didn't play 21 "proper" songs at MSG in March, they played 18 - the most they played at any gig on that leg of the tour. The show was just about 2hrs, though.

It's 21 if you count Interlude, Nishe and the Jam as songs, in which case the gig last night was 18 songs, not 15.

The MSG setlist was

01) Uprising

02) Resistance

03) New Born

04) Map

05) SMBH

06) GL

07) Interlude + Hysteria

08) Nishe + USoE

09) FG

10) Helsinki + UD

11) MKU

12) Starlight

13) PiB

14) TIRO

15) US

16) Exo

17) SS

18) KoC

I probably have the order wrong, that's from memory, but either way, those were the songs that were played :)

I'm not sure about how the prices worked out in europe, but I know that my NYC ticket ended up being about $78 once fees were added in and my wembley tickets were $80/each total with the exchange rate.

I think the Wembley GA tickets were 39GBP face value and the NY ones were 65USD, I just checked and 39GBP is about 62USD... so....

touche..... I still feel like there should be no difference in setlist between a stadium tour and an arena tour... not like its a different crowd, or time allowance. hell, if they are short on time, im fairly positive most muse fans would take a 2 - 2 1/2 hour set over an hour and a half and an opener

I'd like them to play longer in the arenas, but that's just not how the band has been doing things. Generally speaking, they played 2-2:15 at the stadiums and 1:40-1:50 at the arenas... and the arenas were consistent across the NA and Europe, even the asians got about the same length setlists, although they got more :awesome: songs ;)

yeah its all frustration lol...

I was spoiled into thinking 15 songs would only ever happen at a festival gig, which is why I avoided voodoo festival in exchange for the 2 ohio gigs.... now im thinking it will be about the same either way. dont get me wrong i'm going to have a great time

If I wasnt a fan I wouldnt care :D

yeah its all frustration lol...

I was spoiled into thinking 15 songs would only ever happen at a festival gig, which is why I avoided voodoo festival in exchange for the 2 ohio gigs.... now im thinking it will be about the same either way. dont get me wrong i'm going to have a great time

If I wasnt a fan I wouldnt care :D

I understand the frustration :yesey: When they first dropped down to 16 songs last year in europe I didn't think they'd go lower at an arena. I was stunned when they went down to 15. :stunned:

$200-plane ticket

$75-Muse Ticket

$50-gas for a three hour drive to see them.

$...for god knows what...

If I get 15 songs I might cry. I'll enjoy every minute, but I've worked my ass off to be able to afford this trip, I want some good stuff lol. There's nothing worse then working full time and always being broke lol.

If I get 15 songs I might cry. I'll enjoy every minute, but I've worked my ass off to be able to afford this trip, I want some good stuff lol. There's nothing worse then working full time and always being broke lol.

exactly! im a huge fan, I know im not walking out of there without $100 dollars in merch if it means eating granola bars all week.... especially after my alice in chains/deftones show already last week, my concert budget is strained :LOL: but I love this band like no other and want to show them we support them in the states

I'm not a 'hater' or anything like that but 15 songs does seem like taking the piss. It's not like they've never played 15 song sets in America before this tour but considering it's the same production I don't think they should be varying as much as 15 songs in the USA to 19 in Italy for the arena gigs.

Archived