Ok, so...after thinking a bit about tonights setlist... I like the changes in order and the new configuration of UD. I appreciate the inclusion of Take a Bow.

I was even willing to grit my teeth and tolerate the 15song-ness of the whole thing.

However, I just realized that Plug in Baby is now the only proper song left from Origin :stunned:

I am now sad :(

Ok, so...after thinking a bit about tonights setlist... I like the changes in order and the new configuration of UD. I appreciate the inclusion of Take a Bow.

I was even willing to grit my teeth and tolerate the 15song-ness of the whole thing.

However, I just realized that Plug in Baby is now the only proper song left from Origin :stunned:

I am now sad :(

I'm with you. OoS is slowly getting removed from the setlist, just like Showbiz. :supersad:

I don't think the boys realize how many of us Americans truly love thier older stuff.

I'm with you. OoS is slowly getting removed from the setlist, just like Showbiz. :supersad:

I don't think the boys realize how many of us Americans truly love thier older stuff.

I know :( They should at least keep New Born around - it's :awesome:!

Here's tonight's setlist:

1. Overture

2. Uprising

3. Knights

4. SMBH

5. Interlude + Hysteria

6. GL

7. Nishe + USOE

8. Feeling Good

9. MK Jam + UD

10. Resistance

11. Starlight

12. HotRS + TIRO

13. SS

14. PiB

15. TaB

So, 15 songs, and the breakdown is...

2 from origin (PiB and FG)

3 from abso (TiRO, SS, Hysteria)

4 from bh&r (KoC, SMBH, Starlight, TaB)

6 from tr (overture, uprising, GL, USoE, UD, Resistance)

The number from TR I think is about right... maybe add back in US or MKU.. then one more song from Origin (NB?) and one from showbiz and you'd have an 18 song setlist that represented all 5 albums...

The number from TR I think is about right... maybe add back in US or MKU.. then one more song from Origin (NB?) and one from showbiz and you'd have an 18 song setlist that represented all 5 albums...

:yesey: i would be really, reaaaally happy with that.

Just one from showbiz would make my life !

I'm thinking the only way to hear some of the songs I'd really LOVE to hear (Bliss, RBS, B&H, anything from Showbiz) is if I save up all my pennies and fly to Europe (France or England).

wish i had more pennies to save...:(

+ = Experimenting with setlist, Take a Bow in the Arena shows :happy:, the usual good things about the setlists.

- = No Newborn or Unnatural Selection, no MK ULTRA or Map, Guiding Light, 15 songs. Plus the usual - no Showbiz, a lot of awesome old songs aren't getting played. And the fact that Bliss, RBS or CE are destined to be played only on the second nights of gigs. *still irritated about getting first night tickets*

I really should stop looking at these setlists, now that there's a chance the setlist Melbourne gets could surprise me. I'm happy that I might not know what I'm getting.

Muse have scheduled terribly, they need to be in city 337 miles away by tomorrow morning with all their gear set up. Just awful.

and the last time i saw bruce he played 35 actually, im just averaging it out

A couple days ago I was hoping for a rarity in Columbus, now im just hoping they show up!

With the bands that play 3hr sets, what are their tour schedules like? Are they playing more songs but playing less shows or are they playing about the same number of shows a week as muse and playing longer sets?

Roughly same number of shows in a week, but shorter overall (and somewhat less frequent) tours. But being that the Cure (and probably bruce too) have been doing those kinds of show lengths for well over 20 years now, I'd say it's just how they are in general.

Like I said in the 5th Oct thread, I recently saw the Manics at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange:

Sleepflower

Your Love Alone Is Not Enough

Motorcycle Emptiness

It’s Not War (Just The End Of Love)

Jackie Collins’ Existential Question Time

Roses In The Hospital

Postcards From a Young Man

This Is Yesterday

Autumnsong

Some Kind of Nothingness

Suicide Is Painless

The Descent (Pages 1 & 2)

Motown Junk

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

Stay Beautiful (acoustic)

You Stole The Sun From My Heart (acoustic)

Faster

Empty Souls

Golden Platitudes

Everything Must Go

Ocean Spray

You Love Us

A Design For Life

10 albums, JDB specifically said during the show "we're playing a song from every one of them", 23 songs in total, totally rocking out :awesome:

And they're all middle aged. Muse suck.

Bruce plays 30 songs?? :stunned:

My friends saw him at Glasto a couple of year ago: he played for 2 hours and he pointed at a few banners in the crowd with song request throughout the gig and just started playing the songs that were written on those banners.

My friends saw him at Glasto a couple of year ago: he played for 2 hours and he pointed at a few banners in the crowd with song request throughout the gig and just started playing the songs that were written on those banners.

wow :stunned:

some people that i know told me that before, but i thought they were kind of... annoying me because of Muse :shifty:

but that's amazing...

i mean, putting all the love i have for them, and the fact that no matter what i still will go and enjoy my 4 gigs, i wish they play longer setlist.

and i dont even ask 30 songs, but 18? :supersad:

by songs i mean, not counting Nishe/jams

wow :stunned:

some people that i know told me that before, but i thought they were kind of... annoying me because of Muse :shifty:

but that's amazing...

i mean, putting all the love i have for them, and the fact that no matter what i still will go and enjoy my 4 gigs, i wish they play longer setlist.

and i dont even ask 30 songs, but 18? :supersad:

by songs i mean, not counting Nishe/jams

What you are asking is realistic bearing in mind we are talking about a band with 5 studio albums. I really hope you get a decent length setlist at your gigs.

and I don't count nishe or james are songs either.

Yeah I saw him the day after at Hard Rock Calling, played 3 hours! He so good live and the picking of songs is a cherry on top :happy: and he's old, lazy Muse are lazy.

Archived