http://twitpic.com/2u7da7

From the looks of this setlist, they have "new lift version" next to Jam and UD. Maybe this is something that they are going to start incorporating in some shows, since it is a 'version' and not just a one time thing. Maybe I am analyzing the "new lift version" too much, but I'm in lawschool and that is all I do :D

Not seen videos but I'd assume they used something similar to the Stadium lift.

Milwaukee's got a good chance of a shake-up if only because it's on the second night of a back-to-back, and -- it's Milwaukee. Surely the band will realize a kick-ass set would be the best thing to ever happen there! :chuckle: I kid... I also expect good things at ACL on the 9th (it's a festival); Columbus on the 12th (see Milwaukee :$, plus they got nine days off after this one); Quebec City on the 21st (only gig in Canada this leg); NYC on the 23rd and 24th (the only city to get the full tower production on two separate legs); and Voodoo on the 29th (festival/Halloween/last U.S. show for a while).

Am I being too optimistic? :LOL:

Probably! :LOL: But since I'm going to Columbus (as well as Cincinnati), I hope you're right! :awesome:

http://twitpic.com/2u7da7

From the looks of this setlist, they have "new lift version" next to Jam and UD. Maybe this is something that they are going to start incorporating in some shows, since it is a 'version' and not just a one time thing. Maybe I am analyzing the "new lift version" too much, but I'm in lawschool and that is all I do :D

That's what I was thinking (and hoping!) too. But, like you, I could be analysing it too much too! haha We'll find out soon enough!

I love how much they changed the set up, but some of the song placements just felt off to me. Exo as an opener? I'm sorry, but while the song is powerful it doesn't provide the necessary kick an opening song needs. Also, Knights should be used to book-end a set (either opening or closing). Having it either close the main set or open the encore would be amazing, and it would crank the energy of the crowd for the remainder of the show. Having TAB back and closing the show is probably the smartest thing they've done with the towers.

Even with those crits, I'd still love to experience something even remotely like Denver's setlist this fall.

I love how much they changed the set up, but some of the song placements just felt off to me. Exo as an opener? I'm sorry, but while the song is powerful it doesn't provide the necessary kick an opening song needs. Also, Knights should be used to book-end a set (either opening or closing). Having it either close the main set or open the encore would be amazing, and it would crank the energy of the crowd for the remainder of the show. Having TAB back and closing the show is probably the smartest thing they've done with the towers.

Even with those crits, I'd still love to experience something even remotely like Denver's setlist this fall.

Yeah, Knights would work better book-ending a set, but I wouldn't have complained if I were getting it mid-set for the first time ever (?) like Denver did. I imagine it upended any sense of predictability for the rest of the set. And it will probably get the crowd going no matter where in the set it's played. I think there's a good chance they'll open with Exo 1 on the 24th. No way they'd play the same set 3 times in NYC on one tour...?

Yeah, Knights would work better book-ending a set, but I wouldn't have complained if I were getting it mid-set for the first time ever (?) like Denver did. I imagine it upended any sense of predictability for the rest of the set. And it will probably get the crowd going no matter where in the set it's played. I think there's a good chance they'll open with Exo 1 on the 24th. No way they'd play the same set 3 times in NYC on one tour...?

Agreed on hearing it for the first time. I'm actually kicking myself a bit for reading the setlist for this reason alone. I decided not to read anymore for the rest of the tour to keep the dates I'm going to as fresh as possible. I think we'll definitely get some rotations for NY/NJ, but I'm thinking it'll be more akin to what LA got (which I'm alright with, just add TAB).

I love how much they changed the set up, but some of the song placements just felt off to me. Exo as an opener? I'm sorry, but while the song is powerful it doesn't provide the necessary kick an opening song needs.

EXO is quite mood-setting as an opener, kind of magical, to draw you in - based on the videos from Denver.

MK Ultra will be nice as an occasional opener to shake things up. Worked in festivals. And it's from TR.

EXO is quite mood-setting as an opener, kind of magical, to draw you in - based on the videos from Denver.

MK Ultra will be nice as an occasional opener to shake things up. Worked in festivals. And it's from TR.

being a huge mk ultra fan, I REALLY want to hear it as an opener. i'm hoping they do that for voodoo fest. or milwaukee. i'm greedy. :LOL:

Uprising and Knights of Cydonia are both terrific openers, in my opinion. Take a Bow is also an awesome, perfect closer.

I don't really have an opinion of Exogenesis: I think I would need to see it to really judge - but I don't think I would like MK Ultra as an opener. I don't think it has quite enough emotional impact.

Gah, I know it's wildly unlikely but I hope ACL gets Take a Bow. LOVE that one.

Uprising and Knights of Cydonia are both terrific openers, in my opinion. Take a Bow is also an awesome, perfect closer.

I don't really have an opinion of Exogenesis: I think I would need to see it to really judge - but I don't think I would like MK Ultra as an opener. I don't think it has quite enough emotional impact.

Gah, I know it's wildly unlikely but I hope ACL gets Take a Bow. LOVE that one.

i hope you all at ACL get TaB too. that would be awesome.

Its funney that TaB has only been played once now on the arena tour and happens to have the best visuals/laser show of the tour.

And alot of people have listed the "firsts" this concert contained, and i noticed this is the first time in a long long time they havent played a riff after MOTP.

Archived