MUSE BACK ENGLAND 2018 AT WEMBLEY

British rock band lend their support to England's World Cup campaign

World renowned English band Muse have become the latest high profile supporters of the nation's Bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The band has played a role for England 2018, throughout, with 'Starlight' providing the soundtrack to the bid's official films.

Now, Chris Wolstenholme has taken time out from the band's preparations for this weekend's sell-out concerts at Wembley to pose for photos with an official England 2018 'Back the Bid' scarf.

Base guitarist and Rotherham United supporter, Chris said: "A World Cup in England would be massive. I'm lucky enough to know what it feels like to play in front of a packed Wembley crowd: the atmosphere is unbelievable and the stadium is superb. You would see that atmosphere all over England if we got the World Cup - so get out there and join me in backing the bid."

In Backing the Bid, Muse join more than two million football fans from over 160 countries around the world who have registered their support for the campaign – including high profile celebrities such as Daniel Craig, Simon Cowell, Noel Gallagher, David Haye, Jenson Button, Ant and Dec, Paul the Octopus, Dame Kelly Holmes and Robbie Williams.

Source: http://www.england2018bid.com/news/330/muse-back-england-2018-at-wembley.aspx

'Muse' in the title should be replaced as 'Chris Wolstenholme'. :chuckle:

Starlight will be included in the soundtrack? :D

Being hungover, I totally interpreted the title as they wont be back at wembley for another gig til 2018 and I just died a little inside

i'm already reeling at them having Bliss tonight ]:

I thought the same thing!

maybe because I'm hungover, too. :erm:

If England host the World Cup in 2018,they can forget about planning any gigs during those weeks,because Chris will be at the stadiums,watching every football match:LOL::chris:

This week,Champions League-FC Twente-Internazionale

-Ajax-Real Madrid:yesey:

Honestly the first thing I thought at this title was "What? They're planning the next Wembley gigs? Why so late? It was only three years between the last!" :facepalm::chuckle:

(as if they could plan them that far ahead, and know the music, and have the albums planned and all that :LOL:)

:LOL: How cool!

If England host the World Cup in 2018,they can forget about planning any gigs during those weeks,because Chris will be at the stadiums,watching every football match:LOL::chris:

Good point! :chuckle:

Plus of course the stadium will be in use too :chuckle:

Oh well, Muse could play an opening gig for the world cup...like erm... Muse start at 7pm and football at 11? :p:LOL:

Oh but last and most certainly not least: Yay for Chris! :chris: (and thank you for the pic again! :happy: ) I know he won't read it but I wanted to write it anyway ^^

Archived