Hey Everyone.

The first MUSE song I heard was their cover of "Feeling Good". It was used as a backing track for some Advert that the BBC (Bristish Broadcasting Corp for those of you who don't know) and I thought 'Love the base and drums on that'!!!

Then after a certain film came out featuring SMBH I started doing some research about them. My housemate lent me three of thier albums and although I can't say I'm hooked, I'm deffinatley enjoying listening to them.

Libbi

Hey Everyone.

The first MUSE song I heard was their cover of "Feeling Good". It was used as a backing track for some Advert that the BBC (Bristish Broadcasting Corp for those of you who don't know) and I thought 'Love the base and drums on that'!!!

Then after a certain film came out featuring SMBH I started doing some research about them. My housemate lent me three of thier albums and although I can't say I'm hooked, I'm deffinatley enjoying listening to them.

Libbi

That is the worst song ever lol!

Well... I saw the video of KoC on tv and it was completely different to all the other crap on. I watched it every time it came on cause i liked the vid :)

Then I listened to take a bow and was freaked out because it was so weird. Then i listened to showbiz and sunburn which were amazing and eventually... I became obsessed.

Took ages because they're not so famous in nz. They should be. And they need to come back.But I guess 'that movie' has spread awareness. Not really in a good way though.

The first song I heard was Bliss, and I was like "It's okaay..." then I listened to it about a month later and was like "OMG, this is awesome!" I wasn't a big fan of Muse until like 2008, I got Guitar Hero III, and I played Knights Of Cydonia, and I was like "This is good, I recognise his voice from somewhere..." Then I looked at the artist and was like "Woah, this is Muse? Like seriously, I never knew they were this good." Then I went on YouTube and looked at their songs, and loved them, so I had a look at what they're like in real life, and they are so funny, Matt's genius. I went down to my dad and demanded him to get me all their CD's and DVD's. He was like "Who the hell are Muse?" So I played him some of their songs, and he said "Yeah, I've heard some of these riffs before, though I don't like his voice, and they're a bit noisy." I said "OMG, how can you say that, Matt can sing better than you anyday, though you and Matt are both genius when it comes to guitar, and how can you say Muse are noisy when you listen to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper" (Although the last two aren't so bad) And I stomped up to my room and slammed my door (I was offended as I love Matt Bellamy, lol). Two days later, I woke up and found all the Muse CD's and DVD's on my desk and a note from my dad saying, "I suppose he isn't that bad."

And for all the fans who are like "You're not a true fan, you should have listened to them since 1994" (Although their first album didn't come out until 1999)

My response is: I wasn't born in 1994, I was a bit young to appreciate their music, and when I did start listening to alternate rock (I lived with my dad and my older brother since I was five, so I never liked all the girly pop songs) I found Muse about 5 months later, since they aren't talked about much.

Sorry for the long post, I can't tell a short story.

I never watched music TV (ie. MTV, Fuse) until a while ago after I heard Muse. The first time I heard them was KoC on Guitar Hero. I liked it, and my friend's brother was really heavily into them, so I gave it a shot.

It was a good shot too..... I bought BH&R and loved it. From then on, I've downloaded everything Muse-like that I won from either iTunes or MuseLive (except for Showbiz and HAARP).

My first listen was Bliss and New Born, back when Origin was a new release. I liked it enough to keep going back for more, but I also thought it sounded kind of annoying. I loved the epic feel, but I wasn't too sure about all the arpeggio keyboard, and I thought the falsetto and vibrato needed to be toned down some. I really had no idea at first what I was discovering.

The first time I heard MUSE I couldn't believe my ears. I was sitting in front of my PC in the middle of the night with the headphones on, I couldn't sleep and was just watching silly cartoons on YouTube. Just clicking around I came across some music, and the name MUSE made me curious. So I've downloaded one song on 4shared.com.

I didn't sleep that night at all. I had that song full volume on repeat for hours. Before MUSE I was not interested in contemporary music, it came in one ear and went out the other while making no impression on me whatsoever. Now, for the first time ever I feel alive! I can feel the music in my bones. It is truly indescribable what I hear when I listen to their music... there are no words!!

There is no music for me without MUSE. They are everything music should be.

BTW, I am brand new here, so here is a little about myself: http://profiles.yahoo.com/gloriousmuse13

1) What song was it?

2) I consider Muse as more Alternative. When I think of Contemperary, I think of softer music. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ;)

She'd always get tossy if I liked what she liked.

I hear ya. However my sister gets even more pissed off because I like them more that her. :D

The first song I heard was about a year ago, I was in my sister's car and she was listening to one of her CD's. Next second I hear this wierd 'Super Massive Blackhole!' and I was like: "You listen to this shit?" Then I started paying more attention. The next song that came on was Bliss. Dude... I never turned back... I was like: This piano was pure genious!

So there you go.

I was in my local "our price" and they where playing Muse back in 1999. I asked they guy working their "who's that playing?", something I've only done 2 other times.

The answer was of course Muse.

I could swear he said it was a compilation album with one of the tracks being the Muse song (does anyone know what compilation album this could be - or am I just getting mixed up with cloudy memories). He then showed me Showbiz CD and I bought it.

I was in my local "our price" and they where playing Muse back in 1999. I asked they guy working their "who's that playing?", something I've only done 2 other times.

The answer was of course Muse.

I could swear he said it was a compilation album with one of the tracks being the Muse song (does anyone know what compilation album this could be - or am I just getting mixed up with cloudy memories). He then showed me Showbiz CD and I bought it.

The only compilation I know of was called "helping you back to work" and the song from muse on there was balloonatic... (it's unbelievable the amount of useless info my brain can retain :LOL:)

The first song I listened to from them was SMBH... :p

Anyways, I heard it on the radio, and was like :eek: And I pushed my earphones deeper into my ears lol.

So then I just downloaded the song, and soon I saw the Starlight video. Made me tear up :happy: I downloaded that song, and many more songs, and there began my obsession. :D

Archived