either time is running out or hysteria back in 2004.. then a friend told me to download unintended- great songs bt didnt pay them that much attention at that time.

started to really listem to them when i was going out with my boyfriend. hes a HUGE fan and his band did a lot of cover songs by them. a few of the songs they performed caught my attention (eternally missed, the small print, micro cuts..) and i just had to listen to the band. so borrowed their albums from friends and was hooked ever since then

I was in a small music shop a looooooong time ago ........ think it might have been 2000 or 2001 .............. and they were playing 'Cave' over their loudspeakers. I thought it was very catchy and asked the guy who the band was. He played a few more songs, some of which I thought were slightly Radiohead-esque (I was a big Radiohead fan at the time) and I bought their album.

Rest is history ...................... and luckily Muse have shown that they're definitely no Radiohead clones!

Muscle Museum... at first I didn't pay attention to it, but I heard it again and I started to like it.

That's the same for me. Except in between i watched the Showbiz at NPA in France video which i got mesmerised by Matt's falsetto thing towards the end of it.

Mine was Plug in Baby :D but i only know that cause i remember seeing it on a music channel when i was young, i thought it was good but i had no real interest in music other than the rubbish i played on my keyboard and the spice girls :p (cause we all liked them at first ;D)

but anyway i didn't know it was muse till 2003/04 when my friend gave me a copy absolution and from then on i was hooked. i went out and bought all of it. including a real copy of absolution!

i heard plug in baby and just went... I've heard this!

How can muse be that good! its insane! :LOL:

I think it must've been SMBH on MTV back in '06. I actually thought it was kinda nice, but eventually forgot it, since I was around 11 years old back then. Oh, it was also in that time of my life, where I thought it was embarrassing to like music no one else liked. So, that's what made me forget them, until Starlight came along, same happened again... I really regret that I didn't learn more about them back then. :(

Hysteria on music channels in about 2004/2005.

Then I heard Plug in Baby a little later and thought it was immense. The riff got on my brain so I bought OOS and Absolution (I think. I can't even remember which order) and then BHAR when it came out and Showbiz later on...(and then Hullaballoo, and later HAARP and a million B-Sides/Bootlegs).

The first of my Muse experience was Shine Acoustic, I couldn't understand the lyrics and it sounded so cheery. When i learned the lyrics I was completely astonished. I was pulled into the life that is Muse. I found out that there was more to Bellamy than an awesome voice and that his lyrics really meant something...before that I never really payed much attention to the songs I heard on the radio.

Mine was Knights of Cydonia when BH&R first came out. So I've only been a fan for a couple years. But I remember having the radio station that played it on alot for a few days hoping it would come on before I got the album. I liked it so much I bought all the rest and have been loyally obsessed since.

Knights of Cydonia is now one of my least-favorite songs by them.

Plug In Baby was the first song I ever heard some time on the radio when the stations in this town wasn't shit, when I wasn't even a teen yet. Although back then I didn't care for music as much as I do now. Now it's essentially a lifestyle for me.

The song that got me into Muse was Knights of Cydonia.

Plug In Baby was the first song I ever heard some time on the radio when the stations in this town wasn't shit, when I wasn't even a teen yet. Although back then I didn't care for music as much as I do now. Now it's essentially a lifestyle for me.

The song that got me into Muse was Knights of Cydonia.

look it!

theres a newbie on the boards!

look it!

theres a newbie on the boards!

Dunno if I'm supposed to take that as an insult or not.

I've been into Muse for over a year now actually. It's just now I decide to hang more around forums. Knights got me into Muse, yes. But as Draymen I heavily disslike the song compared to others. My favorite Muse song is Bliss.

Archived