I first heard Muse in the car using my brother's mp-3 player.

Most of the songs on it I didn't like so I was about to turn it off but there was still one artist left I had to check out (muse). So, Butterflies and Hurricanes came on. Hah, the first time I heard Matt's voice I immediately thought it was the best voice I've ever heard. The song was amazing, I think I listened to it about 5 times in a row till I found out that there were another 4 muse songs on the mp-3 player:D

Sunburn, Endlessly, Stockholm Syndrome and Unintended.

First time I heard Unintended I thought a woman was singing:LOL:

Well I first saw them on Rage in Aus. It was a guest thing so it was an interview too. They dressed weird and then KOC came on and I was like "WOOOOOOOAH WTF?" lol. But then I hear The Small Print and listened to KOC again and took a re-look at their clothes and said...."Holy shit they are coool" :LOL::D

time is running out was my first love. but the first time i heard them was on the movie "millions" soundtrack when i was like 10 or so. i sort of liked it then, but the song was blackout and thats not really their normal genre anyway. haha

The first song I heard was Bliss, and I actually hated it! Like really, really hated it! By the time I turned 16 though someone had given me a copy of OoS and I listened to it properly and fell in love from that moment! 6 years later and I still love them :D, Funnily enough though, I'm still not overly keen on Bliss :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
First Muse song I heard was "Our Time is Running Out" on some Euro 2004 video, and after that I was hooked.

When I first heard them I just noticed like how they just don't sound like the typical rock stuff that's popular nowadays, u know the ones that play the same crap over and over again with new retarded lyrics.

Even in Time Is Running Out I could hear the Eastern influence in his music and that's what attracted.

I couldn't help but dance along tho, lol

the first song I heard was Unintended, wen I was about 6 years old.

I actually started crying becouse I was wery fragual wen I was a kid. but it was love at first sight, ohyes!

from that age, muse has been the love of my life :$

The first Muse song I ever heard was 'Time Is Running Out' on Stephanie Meyers website and boy did I fall in love (with the music) and the band when I went on Youtube). I think Matt looks good :) with and without a goatee. :happy:

Chris and Dom are cute too! But I'm kind of confused as to why Chris is married and the others aren't?! ;)

I was still in a boyband-ish phase; but I loved the sound of TIRO. Then my sister had a go at me for pinching the burnt copy of Absolution. I kept it on repeat when she wasn't home. She'd always get tossy if I liked what she liked.

Now, she doesn't give a shit because I'm a bigger fan now than she is.

But yeah, on first listen I was given a new genre path to follow. One I decided to take about 3 years later. I just really liked this 'new sound' compared to the continous

I heard Starlight first, and loved it. So I bought Absolution, and then wondered why I wasted my money. I found it really really average. However, with each re-listening, it grew on me as I began to hear the amazing mastery of musical colours woven into those brilliant tapestries. Now I'm hooked.

I dont really have a great story like some of you do lol but here goes:

(just before i start...i've only REALLY liked music at all for about 2 and a half years...)

So...I heard Muscle Museum on Radio 1 a good 2 years ago and enjoy it but can't say i fell in love with it :S

And along came HAARP...the first time i heard a live track is a different story lol. I'd heard how good Muse were live (though im yet to see them myself...) so bought HAARP the day it came out on my dinner hour at work...took it back to the office...put it in and sat at my desk with earphones in...and from that first note on the guitar where the camera is at the back of the stage pointing at Matt and showing the whole stadium i sat watching like "Wow" :D

Bought all the albums (in quite a long timescale i must admit lol)...can't fault any of them...so bought the 2 live DVDs i didnt already have...both amazing ...so now im hooked and startin to buy the EPs (YAYZ @ winning New Born EP auction on eBay :D )

Bit scared when I first saw video to Sunburn (I was about 6 or 7 then:LOL:)

But I think I've grown to like them over the years :happy:

SMBH was the song that sparked the manic album buying though

I only had a few songs off Absolution a few months before BHAR was released

The first time I heard Muse was Butterflies and Hurricanes. A friend sent over the Absolution CD while I was deep into a project at work that wasn't going well. Late at night, by myself at work trying not to think about the arch enemy at work who has been against the project from the beginning and ready to pounce on my failure. The song was perfect. It moved me like no other. It got me to fight and do my best. :happy: I won the battle. No musician has ever sang to my soul like Muse. The voice, guitar, drums, bass and piano - combination was exactly the way I liked. I expected Butterflies must be the only good song on the album (that's been my experience with other musicians). But I listened to the rest in total disbelief as I loved every one of them. That's the first time I liked an entire album. I am very picky with music - don't like too many of them. Now, I have Muse and I am all set. As I moved through their other albums, I was continually amazed, especially with Showbiz when they were so young to conquer such deep emotions and thoughts. Then again OoS they weren't much older. :D The B sides are unbelievable - esp Fury and Glorious. I wish everyday that they would have more Live Concert recordings... I had to hack my DVD player so that I can play Glastonbury in the U.S. Lives are just different versions of the recordings - just as good but different - which is exactly what I had hoped and thankfully Muse seems to understand that.

I'd rather tell my friend's story, it is so cool to me. A friend of hers told her about them, so she went out and bought Showbiz, their only release at the time, and has been a fan the whole way through. I just think that is so awesome. I was also at the opening for the last Harry Potter book with some friends and was wearing my 2007 tour shirt when this little girl came up and asked if I'd seen them live and said they were her favorite. She was probably 12 or something. Mine is the same old boring story, heard TIRO on the radio a bunch, thought it was typical new stuff but a friend showed me the album and knew what it was that made them different.

Archived