About a year ago. I really didn't care too much for music at all, because I hadn't found my niche (I knew exactly what I wanted to hear, and was thoroughly convinced that NO ONE on earth was playing it). My drumline instructor was a fan, and told me to go look up Knights of Cydonia. I sorta disregarded his advice until it showed up in the "Just for You" section of my Itunes. I took a risk and went for it, and now I am a rabid fan who would most likely start a Muse jihad if the opportunity presented itself.

depends.. i probably heard i think it wass.... emm.. sober before i knew muse existed

t'was the tv..

then take a bow i remember hearing somewhere.. and showbiz aswell

first one i heard whilst knowing who it was actually by was KoC orr possibly TiRO / SMBH

that's what they had on myspace when i first found 'em..

The first song I ever heard from Muse was Knights of Cydonia at the end of 07 from Guitar Hero 3...yes fail, but I fell in love with it the first time I played it! Then I find out we have 3 other songs by Muse on our computer besides Knights of Cydonia. Besides KoC we had New Born, Starlight, and Map of the Problematique, but only cause that was my older sisters favorites. I listened to them and fell in love, then in the course of a year and a half I know like a lot of their songs. And when my cousins from England came 2 months ago, I requested 2 gifts. Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations and well I got them and now I can't wait till The Resistance and I'm trying to find Origin of Symmetry.

:musesign:

I heard them at the end of 07. It was Knights of Cydonia and well I was playing it in Guitar Hero 3 and when I heard that song I was like "Woah." 'cause they didn't sound like the average rock band nowadays and they actually had a really sick bass, guitar, and drums part. I liked that. There music to me sounds more like the music that everyone should listen to besides that crappy hip-hop and pop nowadays. I kept spreading the word to the people I know in real life 'bout Muse. Only a couple listened. Oh well. Either way Muse rocks! :)

It must've been New Born or Bliss back in 2001, but I don't remember what I thought of it. The first song I remember my reaction to was Plug In Baby, I bought some compilation CD in 2004 which included the song, and I remember just being blown away by the intro riff and thinking "Wow, it just doesn't end!!!" ;):p

I first heard Time is Running Out, and found it very dull indeed.

I then got into them a few months later when my friend insisted I gave Origin of Symmetry a listen, and fell in love with it straight away.

I too, the first time I heard Time is Running Out, (actually saw the video at TV when I was younger) thought it was dull. But now... I find it uber-awesome :D

So yeah I never really heard Muse before until last saturday, where it all began. I was at this music-school concert (my friend was playing a couple of songs) and then they played Supermassive Black Hole. I loved it, and it was performed by non-professional musicians (like kids of 15 years old) so I thought the real song must be awesome! When I came home I imediatly went on youtube and watched the video. It confirmed my love for Muse.

I just bought the Haarp CD/DVD and I love it so much... this is not healthy lol!

XD

The first song I heard was Time is Running Out aswell, it kinda gave me a chill because I hadnt heard that kind of music in years. I was pretty young so I kept asking my sisters for Muse and I asked my friends aswell- no one else knew them.

Ever since then, I've been a Muse fan.

The song that got me into Muse was Supermassive Black Hole, but before that I'd heard Time Is Running Out. But, when I was listening to random Muse songs on YouTube, I recognised Starlight and Knights Of Cydonia so I'm pretty sure that I'd heard them ages ago, but didn't take any notice of them, and I had no idea they were by Muse.

I thought my first song was starlight, my reaction. NOT THIS SONG AGAIN!!! Argh.

I later listened to a song I had on my computer, Bliss, which I had loved for ages, and realised it was the same band who sang Starlight. At first, I went mad (obviously), but than I gave them a chance and here I am typing my muse history and greatest discovery ever.:happy:

Archived