the first song of muses that I ever heard was SMBH and I didnt even like it (I do know dont worry)

then I listened to starlight and I loved it then I bought BHaR and the rest as they say is history

First Song I heard was Starlight back in 2006? i think then i thought oh they sound cool......went out and bought black holes an revelations and then got addicted to muse :D and tbh it's muse that got me into rock music! :D before I listened to what my brother liked...im not proud of myself :(:LOL:

edit: and starlight is still one of my faves by muse today! :D

• 2 weeks later...

These are my first few that I can remember the order of, and what I thought at that point:

Knights of Cydonia - "Wow, best song I've ever heard!"

Starlight - "Meh, it's alright..."

Time is Running Out - "Ooh, another good song!"

Hysteria - "Whoa, this is awesome!"

Supermassive Black Hole - "Gah, I hate this song!" (I changed my mind after a few more times listening)

Map of the Problematique - "Meh, it's alright..." (I changed my mind.)

New Born - "Whoa...amazing!!!!!!!!!"

Plug In Baby - "Catchy riff...this song is great!"

Bliss - "It's just OK..." (Changed my mind.)

And at that point, I loved the band so much, I decided to buy my first Muse album, Origin of Symmetry.

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist and then Stockholm Syndrome.. after which I quickly went and brought Absolution and the newly released BHaR which I had no idea about and wondered what everyone was on about at college before I realised it was a new Muse album :LOL:

These are my first few that I can remember the order of, and what I thought at that point:

Knights of Cydonia - "Wow, best song I've ever heard!"

Starlight - "Meh, it's alright..."

Time is Running Out - "Ooh, another good song!"

Hysteria - "Whoa, this is awesome!"

Supermassive Black Hole - "Gah, I hate this song!" (I changed my mind after a few more times listening)

Map of the Problematique - "Meh, it's alright..." (I changed my mind.)

New Born - "Whoa...amazing!!!!!!!!!"

Plug In Baby - "Catchy riff...this song is great!"

Bliss - "It's just OK..." (Changed my mind.)

And at that point, I loved the band so much, I decided to buy my first Muse album, Origin of Symmetry.

your name is very, very, very, very very, very, very,v eryv, very,v ery long

After thinking about this one for a while...

I have remembered that the first song I heard was Super Massive Black Hole...

Yeah I was at a mate's house, and he just happened to flick on that song...

then from there I got the Black Holes & Revelations Album and I am still working

my way slowly back through the albums...

I am about half way through Origin of Symmetry.... Can't wait for Hullabaloo!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Bliss, down the phone lol... wasn't ideal. But my boyfriend at the time was obsessed with the awesome intro and HAD to share.

I went out the next day to buy the OoS album (playing the part of the good girlfriend and trying to share stuff he enjoyed) and the shop assistant refused to sell it because it was one day before the official release! I tried puppy dog eyes... it didn't work. Bastard assistant. :LOL:

Archived