The first one I heard was TIRO, I think it was on the MTV...basically I fell in love with the video and then I bought the cd and I was 100% hooked. But I really fell for MUSE after I discovered OOS and went crazy for Plug in baby. Till this day I think it still might be one of my fave MUSE songs ever.

I first got Absolution, and wasn't hugely hooked on it. There was one song I really listened too though, TOADA, and I loved it. It got me listening to the rest and now I love pretty much every Muse song there is.

Then I listened to KOC, and one day just went out and got Black Holes Origin and Showbiz, and love them all!

I remember my dad bringing OoS back home one night after he bought it in Tesco... I think I was about 9 and listening to the same stuff as my parents, cos it was a lot better than the pop rubbish my friends liked (S club 7 *shudder*) I knew from the moment I heard the opening bars of Newborn that I loved it and now I can't really remember not knowing it (oh dear) :LOL:

Plus my brother was due to be born at the time and the amount of 'Newborn!' and 'Plug in Baby!' jokes was unbearable :rolleyes:

You have cool parents, I have to listen to bloody N-dubz from my sister

It was the 26th of June 2008.I was on bebo and I found a person who I used to be friends withs page. They were completely obcessed with Muse. So I downloaded Invincible, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia, Time is Running Out and Stockholm Syndrome. It's very weird that I remember all that.

When I was eight, I was a piano beginner and my dad was like "listen to this piano solo on this new album I've bought, the song's called Butterflies and Hurricanes."

I was wow-ified and then I was addicted from there!!!:D

:musesign:

He didn't want you to play it did he? Bit harsh considering you were only 8

I think it was in 2001 when I saw Muse perform New Born on Live & Kicking here in the UK. I was very anti rock at the time, my musical taste was very one dimensional. It was all Trance, Trance and nothing else. So I was kinda like 'Meh" but I remember how cool I thought the moment Bellamy emerged from behind his piano and cracked out the New Born riff, and that he looked mad and he also started breakdancing on the floor. :LOL: I was impressed but thought nothing of it. Than a couple years later in 2003 I got a LG phone which enabled me to download music videos and 'Muse - Bliss' was the recommended video of the week. My mind cast back to when I original saw them and I thought 'fuck it' and downloaded it. And my mind was blown because it's arrpegiated synths and uplifting chords reminded me of Trance. And I went out and bought Origins and have been a big Muse fan ever since!

well as I bought origin of symmetry cause there was a huge discount in one store cause they were moving I heard new born as the first song ever from them and I remember when the piano started I tought that sounds nice hopefully this ain't the whole song then the riff started and I went like 'HOLY FUCK' and I loved Matt's voice, didn't take too long till I had the other cd's too :p

EDIT: Just reading some other answers, noticed some people found knights of cydonia hard in guitar hero, I had never played the game before last christmas and I didn't think it was fun but then my cousin got it as a x-gift so I played it. Cause I'm a guitarist and had learned KoC ages ago I found the song the easiest one in the whole game ^^ really got into the rhytm in that song, didn't really think GH as a very exciting game until that :p

I had heard Plug In Baby once upon a time on the radio when I was a young kid but I wasnt even interested in music when that went on the radio. Then they replaced all the stations here with hip-hop and stuff and no signs of rock were shown anywhere.

Then I play Guitar Hero 3 at my friend's house and I check out Knights Of Cydonia. My first reaction was "... This is so cheesy and epic at the same time", falling in love with the guitar riffs and the singing.

On Pandora.com when doing a Coldplay similar music search, Exo-Politics came up. I bookmarked it and went to ITunes a few weeks later perusing for new music, pulled up Muse and downloaded it. Then Submissive Black Hole, and now I have 3 albums and can't stop listening to Muse. This was just a few weeks ago that I first heard them.

Archived