Muscle Museum/Sunburn back in 2000. Didn't pay much attention. Then I heard Plug In Baby, New Born and Bliss late-2001, spent hours downloading New Born on 56k and was hooked by the riff and solo.

Bought OOS and Showbiz a few months later but never become a sad, obsessive fanboy until Absolution came out.

What the fuck, It's almost as if you're inside my head. What ^he^ said.

It would have probably been time is running out though after i could remember watching the bliss and plug in baby videos when i found out who they were, but yea seems like TIRO for me, and me mum now seems to be joining muse fandom thanks to starlight which i do like myself, we all gotta have a bit of pop every now and again :p

Unintended then New Born made me a casual fan around 2000-2001, but I didn't really get into them until around Absolution, at which point I trawled the internet for every b side and rare recording :D I spent quite a while in 2001 wondering whether I should buy OoS or Showbiz first (I was a poor student so I couldn't buy both at the same time, I went for OoS of course).

I remember getting severely distracted from GSCE revision by trying to find every Showbiz and OoS b side, my final piece for my art GCSE was Space Dementia inspired!

Since I kind of grew into them I don't really feel specially about any of the songs, just a lot of the songs I really go into at the time.

2000/2001 I'm thinkin'. It was Bliss and Plug In Baby that did it for me. It was the videos, but also Matt's voice.

I'm quite ashamed to say though, I was shit scared of Matt at the beginning of PIB. Right at the beginning where he is kinda looking down.

I have no idea why. :LOL:

The very first song I heard was Muscle museum, live on TOTP, many many many years ago (the blue hair era).

I remember distinctly thinking 'Jeez they sound alot like Radiohead', at the time, very cheekily to myself. I didnt pay much attention to it really.

Then as soon as OOS came out, I heard a friend playing it, the rest as they say..is history!

lol chill with the starlight debate, its a good song!

and i think the song that really got me into muse was butterflies&hurricanes, and blackout, the piano solo in B&H just blew me away, and the way blackout builds throughout is magic

i fell in love with them more when i saw them in 2006 xD

i think it was new born, but not when it was released, i think i was only 11 (and listening to gorillaz :p ) when it came out.

i liked muse for a while, wasn't that big on absolution (still don't love it.. don't get me wrong, it's a good album, i just can't listen to the whole thing in one sitting)

but didn't love muse until just before BHAR came out.

Archived