It was late 2003 in Massachusetts, USA. I was actually on a message board populated by mostly UK members. They were always talking about Muse. I was finally like "Hey, who the hell are muse?" Someone sent me Stockholm Syndrome via AIM direct Connect, and I loved it. Went to my local record stores couldn't find them anywhere. Someone from the board linked me to an FTP where Showbiz, Origins, Hullabaloo, and Absolution were in their entirety and I downloaded every last song.

In April 2004, the 1st time Muse ever cam State side I believe, I went and saw them in this tiny club in Connecticut and there were only 2 people between me and the stage. To this day it is the BEST concert I have ever been to. I have been to every tour they've done in New England since. And I purchased hard copies of each CD the instant they were available.

Those are my humble beginnings, but the short answer is Stockholm Syndrome.

My first touch in to Muse was Time is running out too. I accidentaly saw it from a TV show, which I NEVER watch. That was the best accident ever happened to me. On next day I went straight to the record shop and grabbed an album 'Absolution' in to my paws and quickly listened it thru. I didn't buy it then, cause I was broke. Got it from local library tho. Couple of years later I got Blackholes and Revelations and Origin of Symmetry. After that I completely saw how brilliant band Muse was. Now I own all the albums, and listen them all in a row eventually at my work. Almost every day. :) Muse is a first band in over 10 years, which I can call myself being a Fan of. With an capital F.

Well, the first Muse songs I heard were Hysteria and KoC (both on the radio). But the song that really stuck out too me was New Born, I came across the video on youtube and was blown away.

Still my favorite song ever.

My first Muse song was Supermassive Black Hole. And, if it had not been for The Hits (where I heard it, yes Muse are that amazing, they're played on Kerrang!, through to NME TV, to The Hits!!) I would never have heard it. I learnt all the words, from searching it on Yahoo! Music, and my love has spawned from there.

I will always hold Supermassive Black Hole close to my heart. Very close. (:

And that was like... release of Black Holes and Revelations, so nearly two years ago. (:

Never looked back. Haha ^^

First Muse song I ever heard was Sing for Absolution, off the playlist for New Moon. I fell in love with it almost the second the intro began. It's very special to me, and I think of it as one of the best Muse songs yet :)

I just checked my iPod's most played songs...and starlight won with 70 plays :stunned: How the hell did it get there? :LOL:

Archived