I think Sober was my first muse song. It was something completely different than what i had at the time and i still love it. An unsung hero of a song i think. Second, like firebaptist was New Born... now that was just a corker!

I heard of Muscle Museum and it didn't get to me, although I was aware of the band at the time.

Was New Born I got into Muse. :yesey::D

My first Muse song was Knights of Cydonia. I remember listening to it so clearly. Someone put it as background music to a message board, and everyone was either rocking out or complaining about the alien noises. So I unmuted my computer to hear what was going on. It opened my ears to so much; I'd never heard anything like it. I clearly remember the strength of the (almost) a cappella 'No one's gonna take me alive'. Yeah, hooked ever since. KoC is special. I'd still love it anyway, but it's a nice memory.

the first muse song i heard was hysteria. And i got into them straight away. It was my favourite song for ages, and then i started listening to a few more. Its not my favourite song anymore (bliss :)) but its still right up there. which is quite unusual because i find when you listen to a song constantly you tend to not listen to it much afterwards. and thats not true for hysteria :)

Thank you Starlight (video) for introducing me to Muse, but now you can **** off.

+1

I'm not exactly sure what the first Muse song I ever heard was (I want to say TIRO, but I can't be sure of that), but I know I really started getting into them after seeing both the Starlight and KoC videos. Neither song is all that special, though. I rarely listen to either one, actually. :unsure:

Muscle Museum/Sunburn back in 2000. Didn't pay much attention. Then I heard Plug In Baby, New Born and Bliss late-2001, spent hours downloading New Born on 56k and was hooked by the riff and solo.

Bought OOS and Showbiz a few months later but never become a sad, obsessive fanboy until Absolution came out.

New Born. OOS was being played in a tattoo parlor while my friend was getting inked.

I left her there alone and drove across town so I could get my own copy right then.

The rest is, well, you know...:rolleyes:

Why dont people like starlight' date=' i thinks is good[/quote']

Because it's poplicious.

And Muse used to be about having these hardcore songs that were catchy but not that catchy. Now that they're making radio-friendly singles like that which are played over and over and over again, it pisses people off majorly.

Starlight would be ok...if it wasn't a single. :noey:

im not ashamed - i love that song. THats what got me hooked. THis tough guy has a soft spot in his heart for pop.

I remember my ex and I heard TIRO on the radio and she seemingly jokingly dedicated it to me in the car. Yea, that was a self fulfilling prophecy. And hysteria was cool but never really thought much about it.

Because it's poplicious.

And Muse used to be about having these hardcore songs that were catchy but not that catchy. Now that they're making radio-friendly singles like that which are played over and over and over again, it pisses people off majorly.

Starlight would be ok...if it wasn't a single. :noey:

that is really to bad. but as a band isn't the point to have your song played over and over.

and if that gets more people to listen and become fans of muse then fuck it.

and I never really thougth of muse as hardcore.

Starlight!

Remains my favourite song to date!

Brilliant beat and voice!

Then Supermassive Black Hole grew on me even though before i hated it... My mate was obsessed with them, downloaded all albums, explored found some, found some more gems on and on... now my "Best of Muse" is 37 songs long and still can be expanded.

Favourite band. Never boring. Simply brill

Archived