i remember being about 11 and being a little greeb when plug in baby came out. Loved it, then went though school changing my opinions on music. I was a right chav at one point listenin to 50cent and a lot of hip-hop. Then i left school, thought what the hell am i doing, supermassive black hole came out, so i bought it. Then ended up buying every album & dvd i could find of muse ! :D

i think it was new born. DIDN'T THINK TO RESEARCH ORIGIN THEN. THEIR MASTERPIECE?[/size]

but didn't love muse until just before BHAR came out.

I wasn't Absolutions greatest fan either , loved Stockholme and expected a heavy riff orientated offering. However it has grown and I truly appreciate the likes of Blackout etc...

Starlight! I have to admit, I had no idea Muse existed until I heard that song...What happened was that the chorus got completely stuck in my head - so stuck that I bought the album (first CD I got! :D), heard Take A Bow, and the rest is history!

Mind you, I heard Plug In Baby on the radio a couple of weeks ago. That was the fourth time I've ever heard Muse on the radio in a period of two years :eek:

I heard either starlight or supermassive on the radio (I don't remember which) and went 'wow, I really like this :happy:'. Then a couple of days later I heard the other song, and I loved it too, so I went out and bought the album :happy:

Then I mentioned it to my uncle, and it turned out he was a fan too, so he burnt me copies of Showbiz and Absolution, and I realised I'd heard some of the songs before :D

I guess I was too young when I heard them to remember to listen out for the backannoucement :rolleyes:

Back in the days when MTV UK actually played music I saw New Born and thought 'HOLY FUCK!'. Went out and bought the album on casette cause it was only a fiver for some reason. Heard Plug In Baby around the same time and that was me hooked. Would have been probably early 2001 when I was 15/16 and saw them live for the first time in May 2002.

New Born back in bout 2002, I kept catching parts of it on music channels think it was Kerrang or MTV, and thought thats a good song with a weird video, but never knew who it was by. Then one day the full song came on whilst I was watching and I fell in love, then I heard Plug in Baby and was impressed. It was then my mum announced that she was a fan of Muse and was going to see them live, I was so jealous. I couldn't believe that we both liked them without having mentioned it to each other.

Starlight in early 07. Seriously. But that wasn't the song that got me hooked, it was Knights Of Cydonia later that year. I thought it was the most amazing song ever, and that it must be their best song ever made. That was until I started hearing more of their music, and all of it was simply amazing. From that moment I was hooked, they instantly became my favourite band, and I've basically been listening to Muse 24/7 since then.

I have no idea how I first came across them, I just had Starlight in my music library somehow.

I guess they aren't very well known here in Canada, but I always want to kick myself for being deprived of their awesomeness all that time. Oh well, now I have a favourite band to worship.:p

Archived