OOhhh. Actually I made a mistake.

It was not Supermassive what I heard first. It was BLISS:stunned::D

I saw the clip many years ago and I was like...OMG. Red hair, falling down, etc. Strange...

But I was younger and I didin't pay attention to them.

For me, Muse mania started when I heard SBH.

The VERY FIRST Muse song I heard was Plug In Baby, but it was late at night on a backwater music channel so I didn't do much other than think 'Oh, that's quite nice'. I heard Hysteria playing in shops a few times but didn't know what it was or who the band were.

My first song that made me sit up and go, "Hey, who IS this?" was MotP. Still is one of my favourites. All time favourite Muse song has to be Bliss.

SO EFFING EPIC.

Epic epic epic.

Bliss > Everything else in existance. Pwnt.

First song I heard was TIRO, but I never made the connection that it was by Muse (I was only 11 or 12 when it was released, mind) until last year.

I had heard SBH on my friend's iPod and loved it, went away for a term and forgot about it.

Then when I was on a work experience lunch break on May last year I walked into Big W and there it was. BH&R special Australasian tour edition with bonus DVD disc.

I then bought Absolution and put it on while I was doing homework one day. When that oh-so-familiar bass line heralded the arrival of track 3 I whipped around and stared, mouth open with amazement, at my stereo as it delivered what seemed to be a sign. Not that I believe that sort of thing.

But I would say yes, I do feel a certain connection with TIRO. Just because of the pure coincidence in which it came back to me.

I heard muscle museum on Jo Whileys show (I think it was her show) when I was about 13, back in about 2000. Went out that day and bought in on single, got on the bus and thought there was no CD in the case until I realised it was a clear CD. That song will always mean something to me as it was the first 'rock' song I ever bought.

Mine was Plug In Baby on some satellite music TV channel that has probably packed up now, and I remember being blown away by it right away, and thinking "Who are these guys? I need to get this song!" Went out, got Origin of Symmetry, and that was it.

the first song I heard was actually TIRO but I wasn't really into it. then my friend sent me space dementia and that was the first song i LOVED from muse. I really liked the darkish-romantic melody from space dementia and thats why its still one of my favorite muse songs until now.. and explains my username :p

Tho i dunno if i heard Sober first in Gran Turismo

Muse was in Gran Turismo? Wow, then maybe I unknowingly heard them long before I thought I heard them for the first time..

first heard sober on gt3 back in the day

thought they were shit for a couple of years, only liked that song

then decided to give them a chance just after absolution came out

and i havent looked back since

as a song though, sober isnt one of my favourite's, but gt3 always brings back the memory

that was one kick ass game

brought me feeder as well

ahhh

Me too! I liked the song but thought nothing of it untill I heard SMBH and thought, who is this band!? Then got into Muse and later found out that I had heard them years ago on my dad's Playstion 2! Sober is definitely up there with my other favourites!:happy: Actually I would go as far to say that Playstation driving games such as Gran Turismo and Burnout actually improved my music taste and first got me into rock music :LOL:

First song I heard was TIRO, but I never made the connection that it was by Muse (I was only 11 or 12 when it was released, mind) until last year.

But I would say yes, I do feel a certain connection with TIRO. Just because of the pure coincidence in which it came back to me.

What she said.

Only my sister took it away from me and the Kaiser Chiefs guest programming brought it back - along with B&H.

Archived