SMBH, I heard it on the radio and was like who the hell is this?!

Exactly that! and when i found out it was Muse i was like holy shit these guys have balls!

(in terms of doing what they want musically, considering their slightly heavier past that i knew of and didn't like *shame on me*)

I still love SMBH to this day just as much as i did when i first heard it.

mine was supermassive black hole. i heard it i few times, i was thinking man this stuff is weirdly cool. then i rummaged through my sisters cd collection and found showbiz. i reakonised muscle museum. but i didnt really really get into them until end of 2006.

Now i cant imagine music without them :D

First song i heard was New Born, i saw the music vision on the telly then after a week about Absulitons and then il just moved from phase to phase :)

Well, i think New Born means abit more than other songs even the name "new born". like getting a new borned taste of music :)

When I was 12 (back in early 2005) I saw the video for Stockholm Syndrome, and at first I really, really didn't like Muse. Le gasp. :eek: (And for some reason I always got them confused with Modest Mouse...? Go figure.)

But then after seeing it again, and a couple other videos, I started warming up to them, and I actually began to like them a lot after Black Holes and Revelations came out. To this day, I've never seen a video from Showbiz or OoS played in the US... or at least on my TV. Haha.

Yeah. So I liked them, and knew all the later-ish singles, but one of my friends that happens to be crazy for Muse played Endlessly in class one day last year, and I put them on my To-Download list. However, it was only recently that I downloaded like the entire Muse discography. Can you say new favorite band? Yes, yes, I've only been a fan for a couple of months now. (Don't hurt the n00b! :stunned:)

But my answer is Stockholm Syndrome. :D

Well, Bliss was the first song I ever saw of them (like 4/5 years ago on tv :p) and I had the intension

to download it, but I forgot about it. :$

Until SMBH was released in 2006. That's when it all started. :happy:

And now I'm infecting my dad with Muse (and driving my mom mad).

So, I'm going for Bliss. :]

I first heard Muse on a flight to Oz in Feb 2007 - thanks to Emirates and their in flight entertainment. Decided to listen to BH & R and when I heard Supermassive Black Hole I was hooked...I'm now trying to make up for those lost years..!!!

Well, it was 2006 and I'd just read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight (aka The Book No Decent Teenage Girl Can Honestly Say She Doesn't Like No Matter How Silly It Gets At Parts), and in the end, Stephenie has a small list of bands that inspired her, and, quote, "especially the band Muse". She goes on to say that a lot of the book came from Muse songs.

So, I went on a Muse download spree (bad me! :D) and from it emerged Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, In Your World, Starlight (a live performance, even), Unintended and Sing For Absolution.

Sing For Absolution was the first one I heard, and it DAZZLED me. Even nowadays, the instrumental at the beginning makes me think of past lives or forgotten memories from a distant past (which sounds like a load of crap, I know, but it's still what I feel).

But I guess the song that turned me into an OBSESSED FAN as I currently am was Starlight, because I researched the song on youtube and found out that it actually sounded better live, and I watched it in a performance for... MTV, I guess, or something, where it had lasers and stuff. Again, dazzled. And I just thought "alright, they're seriously the best band ever."

Well, it was 2006 and I'd just read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight (aka The Book No Decent Teenage Girl Can Honestly Say She Doesn't Like No Matter How Silly It Gets At Parts), and in the end, Stephenie has a small list of bands that inspired her, and, quote, "especially the band Muse". She goes on to say that a lot of the book came from Muse songs.

So, I went on a Muse download spree (bad me! :D) and from it emerged Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, In Your World, Starlight (a live performance, even), Unintended and Sing For Absolution.

Sing For Absolution was the first one I heard, and it DAZZLED me. Even nowadays, the instrumental at the beginning makes me think of past lives or forgotten memories from a distant past (which sounds like a load of crap, I know, but it's still what I feel).

But I guess the song that turned me into an OBSESSED FAN as I currently am was Starlight, because I researched the song on youtube and found out that it actually sounded better live, and I watched it in a performance for... MTV, I guess, or something, where it had lasers and stuff. Again, dazzled. And I just thought "alright, they're seriously the best band ever."

*hi5's* :D

That's how I head Muse in the first place, Sing for Absolution [though Twilight too]! I loved it, but made the mistake of downloading Hyper Music and then spending a couple months muse free. Howver I decided to give them another shot and Origin of Symmetry took over :)

• 1 month later...

I was checking out someone's playlist and there were few songs from Absolution. Sing for Absolution and Time Is Running Out rang a bell, so it wasn't strictly the first time I heard Muse, but that was the first time I was consciously listening.

My first song was Plug In Baby from my friend's MP3. I also heard Starlight but at that time I didn't really like it. Then my cousin heard them too and we just started listening together. Sadly we got a bit late for their concert in 2006 :(

Archived