video for starlight....2006 then a week later I heard a cover of Time Is Running and thought oh look its that band that I'd never heard of before again... had the song in my head all week

Went out and bought Absolution and just sat there listening to it thinking this is so good

The other albums were soon added to my collection

I first heard Plug in Baby on Kerrang, and I was like "What the hell is that bands name". Then my dad got Asolution and I listened to Hysteria on Absolution, and from then on they have been a big part of my life.

I dont know why Muse arent that well known to be honest, as they will soon be up there with the legends of rock.

I honestly dont know, I got into muse through Origins of symmetery album, but i have a feeling i heard unintended before that, but it being a (far better than average) soppy romantic song i didnt look into them. Probally new born got my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well......The first MUSE song I heard ever was Starlight, mid last year, as it was the only song that had air-time on Aus TV music shows.

And I know it wasn't received well by many fans when it was released but.......

As much as I ABSOLUTELY LOVE KoC, New Born, CE, SS, MoTP, TaB, Hoodoo, MC, PiB, Assassin, SMBH, TiRo, B&H, RBS, ToaDA, TSP, Blackout, Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Showbiz, Escape, Overdue - and MANY of their B-Sides......

Starlight will always be extremely special (The music video is my favourite version, as well as being my favourite music video of all their songs) - and I really can't name my favourite song, because as you can see from above, there are so many I adore - but Starlight is something different....if anyone understands what I mean? :$:LOL:

Does anyone else share the same feelings about the first MUSE song they heard? If so, which song was it and what were the circumstances?

first muse song i heard....hmmm was muscle museum off a compilation album...

Tho i dunno if i heard Sober first in Gran Turismo

First LIVE song was Apocalypse Please with the extended Intro

Fucking spectacular!

First time i heard muse was a few years ago when i was 16 on DAB radio at 2 am 'ish' on storm radio (doesent exist now - got taken over XFM i think), came home from from a night out and just lay on my sofa in my living room in darkness with the radio on and new born come on, and i was like what the fuck is this?!! and it just lit a flame, and every new muse song i heard from there on in kept blowing me away, and thats how my mild obsession with muse started for me.

Bliss. And it was awesome. It was in this fan made video of a game and it had me watching that video a million times before I actually thought "Hey there's gotta be more of this Muse band". It was awesome. I think my first Live song was Newborn at Glasto 04 and it was special. Then got the Absolution DVD, and listened/watched it to no end. Bliss is still probably my fav Album song but CE is definately my fav Live song.

first muse song i heard....hmmm was muscle museum off a compilation album...

Tho i dunno if i heard Sober first in Gran Turismo

First LIVE song was Apocalypse Please with the extended Intro

Fucking spectacular!

Muse was in Gran Turismo? Wow, then maybe I unknowingly heard them long before I thought I heard them for the first time..

My first song was Sunburn which I thought was great.

I like Starlight a lot. Its one of my favorite tracks from the last album.

There's a station here that plays it pretty much every day. Don't know why they don't switch it up with some other Muse songs but what are you gonna do.

first heard sober on gt3 back in the day

thought they were shit for a couple of years, only liked that song

then decided to give them a chance just after absolution came out

and i havent looked back since

as a song though, sober isnt one of my favourite's, but gt3 always brings back the memory

that was one kick ass game

brought me feeder as well

ahhh

American here! First song I remember hearing was TIRO. Loved it instantly and bought Absolution. favorite songs at that time were B& H and Hysteria. TIRO has special meaning though as it will always remind me of how special my love for them is.

I think I might have heard Muscle Museum back when it was released in 2000 as the song did sound familiar the first time I heard it live and my sister recognized it. don't know for sure though. :$

Archived