Post your non-muse drawings/artwork.

Niamh

I am currently working on the geekiest thing I have done in a long time...

Upon completing Half Life 2 and seeing Portal 2 announced... I had some Valve Fangirlishness! :D

34122_436778947036_629097036_6389217_964631_n.jpg

Wanted some critique ;)

D'awww :) I love those games, especially Portal is really cool and the pic is cute! (He looks like I probably did when giving up trying to save the life of that cube :D)

Double post, but who cares

To shade, in your minds' eye, put a light source on the page, and from there, imagine where the rays of light are radiating from your light source - is it a big source such as a window / the sun, or a small one such as a candle or light bulb?

From there, imagine the shape of the place the light hits, if it is spherical then shade in a spherical motion around the area and darker behind where a shadow would be cast, or if an edge is straight there will be an even amount of light hitting the surface, with muscles, imagine the volume of light hitting directly from the source to the area on the drawing, and imagine what it would look like. Try to observe real light and real objects to get an eye for what to look for in your mind

Remember if your drawing has a light source and a wall or floor, there will be shadows cast by the characters or objects you draw - the middle drawing has a good start to shading and where to sahde (under the belly, where least light would reach, etc), try to envision your light source and not shade in random places like I used to (doh!)

Probably a load of bollocks but I managed to get some qualifications in teh Fine Arts :3

Hope it helps! <3

Thanks a heap! I'll try to remember this next time I'm attempting to draw something...

• 2 weeks later...

i know i'm posting a lot of pics lately but that's just because they all need to b finished before my summer holidays start so i'm under quite some pressure right now trying not to ruin the drawings in that hurry :D

this is an acryl painting of a weird dream i had which is too long/weird to explain now but i had the same dream for a couple of times and this chruch with the rock in it was pretty much the center of it so...

300610165008_P1000389.JPG

this one is supposed to be tim mcilrath form rise against for a friend (i saw rise against at the rock am ring festival and they were awesome)

300610164607_P1000374.JPG

and this is linkin park but my first time drawing with pastel pencils so it looks horrible :/

300610164857_P1000378.JPG

i really don't know how big the pictures will be now...and i still don't know how to make spoilers :$ ehhh :D hope you like them though...

• 2 weeks later...

Some talented peoples here. :happy:

I've drawn portraits since 2006 but I draw so sporadically that I make little progress, that's why I stick to stuff that has little shading or complexity. :LOL:

BWPapaRoach3-1.jpg

BWGreenDay1-1.jpg

Image135-2.jpg

Very recently learnt how do draw eyes properly:

SSA40021-1-1.jpg

is this just for artwork? Can we post other stuff like poetry and short stories?

Cheers

I think there is a thread for poetry and another one for short stories, let me find you the link.:)

EDIT: Actually the threads for those two seem to have disappeared.

You could always start a thread called Short Stories and Poetry.

I tend to post mine on the 'all poetry website.'

I can't be arsed to post them on here as well :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_uUzFAANA

I made this .. It is simple and I am getting the hand of stop motion at the momet .. I am hoping to do a big ish project once I have finished my GCSE's...

I know the pictures shift but I have no tripod or proper camera so i used my phone for the pics XD

EDIT: new link as I had to delete my old account

I have so many stuff to put in here (mainly from months ago) but need to take photos to them again

Anyway, this is not a drawing, but a sculpture I'm doing.

It's just Tank Girl's head, as in The Royal Escape comic. I didn't sculpt anything for..10 months :eek: need to re-do the ear, so ignore it. Also, it's Plasticine, since we don't have Polymer clay in here :stunned:

39499_415425754817_720514817_4802340_7996995_n.jpg

39672_415436029817_720514817_4802427_6061869_n.jpg

EDIT:

It's going to be a bust now! And ear is better :)

39325_415588724817_720514817_4805170_6987470_n.jpg

Archived