Post your non-muse drawings/artwork.

Niamh

Latest art I've been doing, I suppose it might be nice to explain these too

ScreenShot2014-01-01at83231PM_zpsf43012af.png

This one is my first proper canvas which is hanging up in my house at the moment. I made this with the motivations of I would like to hang up my own art, and I like blossoms….very oriental based.

ScreenShot2014-01-01at83738PM_zps63b8628c.png

In my new room I have a hook which needed something on it, so I did a sketch. I've been listening to a lot (A LOT) of blues lately and a lot of Leadbelly's music, so this is just a sketch of him and the abstract stuff is just a visual interpretation of what stripped down blues does to me.

I've got another one which is a canvas of a crystal skull I'm painting for my friend. It's is nearly finished but it's been that finicky I haven't wanted to try and finish it :LOL:, I'll post it here when I am finished.

i really like the 2nd one :happy:

Please, can anybody help me: i can't upload pictures or photos. It works only in the enclosure.

You'll have to use an external website such as photobucket or imageshack; even linking with facebook will work, as long as you use the and tags to the direct link.

You'll have to use an external website such as photobucket or imageshack; even linking with facebook will work, as long as you use the and tags to the direct link.

ok, thanks!!

Oh ffs, last page curse, I would like ppl to SEE my art!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i like it :happy:

Ugh, Tegaannn! I forget how good you are at this kind of thing.

Looking for some advice.. I'm getting into drawing and painting as a hobby, so I'm a real amatueur. I can draw things by copying, but can't draw straight from imagination, so I want to get something that let's me go half way. A long time ago I had one of those small wooden mannequins, which would be kind of ideal, only the one I had was so stiff I couldn't get any interesting poses with it. Does anyone actually use those here? I'd love to find a brand or something that actually works, and don't want to waste money on something that doesn't..

I have a certain picture in my head, it just needs the right poses and things in front of me to make it come out on paper.

Looking for some advice.. I'm getting into drawing and painting as a hobby, so I'm a real amatueur. I can draw things by copying, but can't draw straight from imagination, so I want to get something that let's me go half way. A long time ago I had one of those small wooden mannequins, which would be kind of ideal, only the one I had was so stiff I couldn't get any interesting poses with it. Does anyone actually use those here? I'd love to find a brand or something that actually works, and don't want to waste money on something that doesn't..

I have a certain picture in my head, it just needs the right poses and things in front of me to make it come out on paper.

Personally I don't bother with mannequins as they're not bendy enough for me :LOL: best thing you can do is look for similar poses you're after online or try making the pose (or getting a friend to do so and photograph it!) in a mirror and take a close look.at the forms the body is making then translate that onto the drawing. To be honest, (here's where I should listen to my own advice because I very rarely use references xD) even when drawing from imagination, references are extremely useful as there's always some detail the brain.can't completely remember ;)

Hope this helps!

Personally I don't bother with mannequins as they're not bendy enough for me :LOL: best thing you can do is look for similar poses you're after online or try making the pose (or getting a friend to do so and photograph it!) in a mirror and take a close look.at the forms the body is making then translate that onto the drawing. To be honest, (here's where I should listen to my own advice because I very rarely use references xD) even when drawing from imagination, references are extremely useful as there's always some detail the brain.can't completely remember ;)

Hope this helps!

Thanks :happy: that's a great tip, actually. I'll try to get my bf to help out this weekend.

I kind of didnt want him to know what the painting was yet, and it might become obvious from the pose. Maybe I just need to be less self-conscious about these things and get on with it, though :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone - There are some really cool pieces on this site. Thanks for sharing. The piece I've attached measures 56" across x 80" high. For some reason it is showing up with the top of the piece on the left and the bottom of the piece on the right. Don't know how to fix this but I'll figure it out.The title is Queen. It's a collage on canvas with silk flowers dipped in black acrylic house paint that attached by stitching them on.

254053692_mac054.thumb.jpg.a572d50aab2ae3ea0e6a1ae18b8e3794.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi! I did a ballpoint pen drawing of an eye this weekend. It was the most challenging drawing I've done due to the amount of detail in it. I hope you like it!

https://www.facebook.com/KatherineDawson.artist/photos/a.252067458306911.1073741831.236050866575237/252676671579323/?type=1&theater

(I've post a link because I can't upload images to forums right now... Shitty Internet and all)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow this thread hasn't seen the light of day in a while!

I'm just coming in here to post my fb art page and some pieces that I've done over the last couple of years. Some of these will be available to buy in prints if you wish :)

facebook page

10995498_872616956119146_5187113527686597267_n.png?oh=1c4f81637573917c6c9b7d2596f52985&oe=55F36F16&__gda__=1444993447_8c7aa5817887608e4eeffccbe294bc52

[1604959_872580769456098_6793227935689076579_n.jpg?oh=d04a3c12dbddd00a35976334604746dc&oe=55ED1D8C

11248798_872616979452477_5750379518498986481_n.png?oh=046f7af47ff01cdec83c280c0c35f085&oe=56230D50

This is a SUPER LATE reply :LOL:

But thanks :happy: and I know EXACTLY what you mean! I was always a hobby for me, but when I started to teach myself how to paint I've picked up certain skills or habits along the way. I certainly can't draw without a model or a picture in front of me. All of my real life stuff is definitely referenced. I usually have a picture for how I imagine it will turn out, but it usually turns out wildly different…with the basic essence of what first thought up! How have you been going since? I'd love to see your stuff?

Wow this thread hasn't seen the light of day in a while!

I'm just coming in here to post my fb art page and some pieces that I've done over the last couple of years. Some of these will be available to buy in prints if you wish :)

facebook page

10995498_872616956119146_5187113527686597267_n.png?oh=1c4f81637573917c6c9b7d2596f52985&oe=55F36F16&__gda__=1444993447_8c7aa5817887608e4eeffccbe294bc52

[1604959_872580769456098_6793227935689076579_n.jpg?oh=d04a3c12dbddd00a35976334604746dc&oe=55ED1D8C

11248798_872616979452477_5750379518498986481_n.png?oh=046f7af47ff01cdec83c280c0c35f085&oe=56230D50

This is a SUPER LATE reply :LOL:

But thanks :happy: and I know EXACTLY what you mean! I was always a hobby for me, but when I started to teach myself how to paint I've picked up certain skills or habits along the way. I certainly can't draw without a model or a picture in front of me. All of my real life stuff is definitely referenced. I usually have a picture for how I imagine it will turn out, but it usually turns out wildly different…with the basic essence of what first thought up! How have you been going since? I'd love to see your stuff?

:LOL: I wish this thread got more attention! I was wondering whether to post or not the other day...

I haven't painted much lately, but I have been doing a bit of drawing.

I left the big sketch pad at home (in London for a few weeks now), but here's a photo I took of something I started and was pretty happy with:

CHKMWmGWkAINA1l.jpg:large

It's not a very detailed photo of it, plus I need some more appropriate pencils.. I only have HB and a 2H, which was useful for the tiny hand in the background.

But I'd like to paint it, cut it out, and lay it onto a canvas with something else in the background.

I added something in that crafting thread, but might be more relevant in here? Idk.

The difficult thing about selling to other people is that it's part fashion, part personal taste.

Like, I personally, I don't really go for realism in stuff that I use to decorate. Faces particularly.. unless I know the person. (I loved my old print of Dali's female figure with head of flowers, lol), but that's purely my personal taste and probably deeply psychological :LOL: Please don't take that as criticism, though! It's just a personal thing..

Fashion.. I guess means whatever's selling in art shows and exhibitions lately.

I'm glad you've brought this up, because it's made me think about it more.. I painted something for my mum's birthday and she's so pleased with it she's like, "you could sell these!!" and I'm.. I dunno.. I need to look into stuff more to decide whether she's just being a mum or not..

On the plus side, my Aunt thought it came from a shop.

On the other hand, it's very, very basic. Though the greys I mixed were fucking lush, and I never ever use that word, so yaknow.

I don't have a photo of it, but it's hanging in the kitchen diner, which is basically the main room :supersad: It makes me really happy!

Yeah, I'm gonna go out and look at what's selling locally before I embark upon that.

/Essay :LOL: sorry

I haven't finished, but I can't make that post LONGER :LOL:

The framed acrylic and watercolour one - I love. I would totally put that in my house. I know I said not faces, but that one's exactly my style :LOL: Slight comic vibe to it with the outlines and soft colours <3

Also, the mooooon ones! I love them a lot. I kinda wish they were bigger! I can imagine them on a wall above a headboard or something (if Bobbles' guitars weren't on that wall.....)

This reminds me.. I need to get myself some bigger canvases. I only have tiny ones and then acrylic paper.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived