We got to meet Dom, Kirk and Morgan at the after party in Singapore last week, at the Stereolab in Pan Pacific, where they also stayed. We kinda held ourselves back at first because we didn't want to bother them at all (the event was sorta private, so there weren't really a lot of other fans at venue, just mostly people who were involved in the Big Night Out show), but we figured that might be the our last ever opportunity, so we went ahead and seized it. We got to talk to Dom for a bit and give him a present (he said we were "very thoughtful"), and he was really nice.

who here has actually met the boys? if so, what were the circumstances? i would love to be able to meet them somehow, but i don't know how to really go about it. any tips?

i'm from houston btw so i'm not sure where they'd be staying at hotel wise? hmmm

I have met them several times, mostly just good timing, and sometimes persistence (staying behind a venue in the cold for 2 hrs....). But mostly that was back in the day when they were playing smaller venues in the US. I can assure you, though, that they are simply the nicest guys in the world, no rockstar arrogance or attitude, and they seem to truly appreciate their fans! Good luck!

An example of my amazing luck: After seeing them perform in Vegas at the Hard Rock Hotel (on the barrier!), I had a late free mileage-plan flight out the next day. I returned to the hotel a bit bored and bummed after a totally wasted day shopping, and guess who I encountered in the hotel lobby??

P1170130_4.jpg

Had a lovely chat with Chris, then Dom and Morgan who were at the slot machines, then Tom -- finally saw Matthew too, as they all went out to the limo to go to the airport. Bored and bummed no more!

what i want to know is how you go and meet them at the parties? like how do you get there?

I don't know how afterparties usually work (I've only been to a Muse one), but the one after the Vegas gig in December (the same gig gocanux went to!) was at the concert venue at the Hard Rock Hotel, and their afterparty was at a club in the same hotel. We found out about the party literally the day before the show. A Muser saw a stack of little postcards advertising it in the hotel's tattoo parlor. What was great about the Vegas party was that if you had a ticket stub from the show, you got in for free.

As an aside, my friends and I were walking back to my car in Waikiki the night "Lost" premiered a couple weeks ago, and we found the cast/crew afterparty. My sister's underage, though, and it looked like you had to be on the list to get in. But yeah, that's the only other afterparty encounter I've had.

We got to meet Dom, Kirk and Morgan at the after party in Singapore last week, at the Stereolab in Pan Pacific, where they also stayed. We kinda held ourselves back at first because we didn't want to bother them at all (the event was sorta private, so there weren't really a lot of other fans at venue, just mostly people who were involved in the Big Night Out show), but we figured that might be the our last ever opportunity, so we went ahead and seized it. We got to talk to Dom for a bit and give him a present (he said we were "very thoughtful"), and he was really nice.

I felt the same way when we first spotted them - I didn't want to interrupt. Christina ended up pushing me towards Matt to get a pic with him. :facepalm:

When we went to the Vegas party, I was hoping Muse would be there, but wasn't expecting them to be there. You don't want to psych yourself out about meeting them and then become deeply disappointed when you don't get to. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't. Part of it is networking/word by mouth, part of it is persistence, and part of it (perhaps the biggest part) is luck.

wow.. reading all of these encounter stories is making me really excited!! :LOL: I had planned on trying as hard as I could when I see them too! I feel like I almost pulled it off when they played at the cowboys new stadium.. got by like two layers of security and was walking around the bottom looking for a dressing room or something but i was caught haha

who here has actually met the boys? if so, what were the circumstances? i would love to be able to meet them somehow, but i don't know how to really go about it. any tips?

i'm from houston btw so i'm not sure where they'd be staying at hotel wise? hmmm

Probably at the Hilton? I searched hotels near by and it's the closest, and the nicest..

Wow I just sounded like a complete stalker :$.

I have met them several times, mostly just good timing, and sometimes persistence (staying behind a venue in the cold for 2 hrs....). But mostly that was back in the day when they were playing smaller venues in the US. I can assure you, though, that they are simply the nicest guys in the world, no rockstar arrogance or attitude, and they seem to truly appreciate their fans! Good luck!

An example of my amazing luck: After seeing them perform in Vegas at the Hard Rock Hotel (on the barrier!), I had a late free mileage-plan flight out the next day. I returned to the hotel a bit bored and bummed after a totally wasted day shopping, and guess who I encountered in the hotel lobby??

P1170130_4.jpg

Had a lovely chat with Chris, then Dom and Morgan who were at the slot machines, then Tom -- finally saw Matthew too, as they all went out to the limo to go to the airport. Bored and bummed no more!

I just looked in the spoiler tag... that's a lovely picture! All three of 'em, too!

4203110040_b981f86c33.jpg

4203109826_ebe1601f20.jpg

Matt's lei.

ah I havn't been on this forum in like 2 years!

I successfully stalked Muse in Melbourne.

Found out what hotel they were staying at through a previous stalking excursion. They did 2 shows and we heard what time they did sound check at teh first one so we waited in the loby teh next day around the time they would need to leave

and voila Matt and Dom!

They were super lovely to us! and even told us where they were going out that night!

Matt was super lovely and even asked for our email addresses! my email address was way to muse orientated to hand!

Anyways the next time they came we found them in a bar they told us they liked!

But now I am in London? where do u find muse in london?

how do u find this sorta stuff out?!?

im seeing them at wembley in september and would LOVE to see them (im slightly ashamed of this since i think the whole celebrity culture is ridiculous, but since muse are pretty much the gods of music i think its excusable in this instance) but have no idea where to go or look or find out where they might be! :(

I was lucky enough to meet the guys outside their hotel in NYC last September after the U2 gigs. Met Kirk after the first night who is a total sweetheart and chatted with us for a good 15 minutes. Was only 3 of us so it was very laid back and caught Matt, Dom, and Morgan the next night. Again, all very sweet guys, not a touch of arrogance that I can see.

I think what one has to appreciate is that meeting fans isn't really part of their job and it's nothing more then dead luck if you get the chance and run in to them. Meeting them at airports etc isn't always your best bet because they do have a schedule to keep. If you catch them on off hours, after shows, on days off and the like I find they are extremely willing to say hello, but remember it is their time, and they don't often have a lot of it.

P1170130_4.jpg

had they stayed in the same hotel as you? were you five starring it? :LOL:

nice pic!

I was lucky enough to meet the guys outside their hotel in NYC last September after the U2 gigs. Met Kirk after the first night who is a total sweetheart and chatted with us for a good 15 minutes. Was only 3 of us so it was very laid back and caught Matt, Dom, and Morgan the next night. Again, all very sweet guys, not a touch of arrogance that I can see.

I think what one has to appreciate is that meeting fans isn't really part of their job and it's nothing more then dead luck if you get the chance and run in to them. Meeting them at airports etc isn't always your best bet because they do have a schedule to keep. If you catch them on off hours, after shows, on days off and the like I find they are extremely willing to say hello, but remember it is their time, and they don't often have a lot of it.

of course, i feel all stupid now lol, suppose i got a little caught up in the idea of meeting them, without really thinking how unimpressive it would be from their point of view to have overenthusiastic fans trying to hunt them down all the time lol, or how embarassing it would probably be

ah well, maybe ill have an uncharacteristic amount of luck and just happen to bump into them one day...

I don't think you should feel stupid at all, but many people forget that they're just normal guys in an extraordinary situation. How would you feel if someone ran up to you screaming I love you and flashing a camera in your face, chasing you down the street? That said, they are extremely courteous and willing to give their time if there is time to spare.

Quoted for truth.

had they stayed in the same hotel as you? were you five starring it? :LOL:

nice pic!

Thanks! Needless to say it's one of my fave pix too...

I stayed at the Hard Rock, where they were performing -- most of us Musers stayed there, a few took other options that cost a bit less. I got my room rate locked in as soon as the gig was announced; the rates went up quite a bit after that. I know the hotels in Wembley have done the same thing....

When I got to the HRH, I was coming down in the elevator from my room and chatted with a nice short Hispanic guy in a knit cap. Had a DOH moment later when I realized it was Carlos Santana! He has a resident gig there... I have literally been a fan of his since 1969!

I stayed at the Hard Rock, where they were performing -- most of us Musers stayed there, a few took other options that cost a bit less. I got my room rate locked in as soon as the gig was announced; the rates went up quite a bit after that. I know the hotels in Wembley have done the same thing....

When I got to the HRH, I was coming down in the elevator from my room and chatted with a nice short Hispanic guy in a knit cap. Had a DOH moment later when I realized it was Carlos Santana! He has a resident gig there... I have literally been a fan of his since 1969!

It was quite convenient staying at the Hard Rock! Especially after having a few drinks. :LOL:

:LOL: Whoops! Awesome story.

okay... so my friend and i are going to see muse at the key arena in seattle... what hotel would be a good place to stay at?

and does anyone have any ideas of what they like to do in seattle before or after shows???

I just want to see them in person. I might get too scared to even talk with them.

I don't know how afterparties usually work (I've only been to a Muse one), but the one after the Vegas gig in December (the same gig gocanux went to!) was at the concert venue at the Hard Rock Hotel, and their afterparty was at a club in the same hotel. We found out about the party literally the day before the show. A Muser saw a stack of little postcards advertising it in the hotel's tattoo parlor. What was great about the Vegas party was that if you had a ticket stub from the show, you got in for free.

As an aside, my friends and I were walking back to my car in Waikiki the night "Lost" premiered a couple weeks ago, and we found the cast/crew afterparty. My sister's underage, though, and it looked like you had to be on the list to get in. But yeah, that's the only other afterparty encounter I've had.

I felt the same way when we first spotted them - I didn't want to interrupt. Christina ended up pushing me towards Matt to get a pic with him. :facepalm:

When we went to the Vegas party, I was hoping Muse would be there, but wasn't expecting them to be there. You don't want to psych yourself out about meeting them and then become deeply disappointed when you don't get to. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't. Part of it is networking/word by mouth, part of it is persistence, and part of it (perhaps the biggest part) is luck.

i completely agree on the right place right time thing...

i tried to meet them when they were doing a radio interview in australia...i was in the wrong place at the right time...a friend who was at the main entrance got to meet them and i didnt :( sucked but i resigned myself to the fact that i'll try again later in the year when they hopefully come back for the arena tour...

a few of my fellow interstate aussie .mu boarders have met them at the airport...its just a matter of figuring out the best flight they would be on as well as having the patience of a saint! also helps if you can figure out if they have any media commitments as that helps narrow down when they are flying into your country...and sometimes the twitpics that they put up help try and figure out where they are :)

so it all boils down to luck, patience and persistance :)

:LOL: sounds great! how big was the gig at the hotel then?

hotels are a rip off around gig dates. :mad:

I met them (matt and dom only) after show last saturday. I was lucky enough to won a lucky draw so that I could go to the backstage :).

They were completely down-to-earth. I remember my voice cracked after the show cause of screaming and shouting... But matt's voice was all right, more than all right. I felt ashamed. x

okay... so my friend and i are going to see muse at the key arena in seattle... what hotel would be a good place to stay at?

and does anyone have any ideas of what they like to do in seattle before or after shows???

I just want to see them in person. I might get too scared to even talk with them.

Check out the Seattle thread for more info: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69208

:LOL: sounds great! how big was the gig at the hotel then?

hotels are a rip off around gig dates. :mad:

The Joint has a 4,000 capacity. :)

Archived