Hey!

I'm seeing Muse in 2 days ( :cool: ) and I HAVE to meet them! LOL I live in the US and it's not like this oppurtunity will come up often... so I was wondering, are they easy to meet? Do they usually have tight security? Keep in mind that they aren't as popular over here as they are in the UK.

But anyway, do they usually walk about before and/or after the show? I mean they must get bored... I dunno :confused:

For those of you who have met Muse, when, where and how did it happen? I MUST KNOW! :LOL: I am obsessed... :unsure:

Hey!

I'm seeing Muse in 2 days ( :cool: ) and I HAVE to meet them! LOL I live in the US and it's not like this oppurtunity will come up often... so I was wondering, are they easy to meet? Do they usually have tight security? Keep in mind that they aren't as popular over here as they are in the UK.

But anyway, do they usually walk about before and/or after the show? I mean they must get bored... I dunno :confused:

For those of you who have met Muse, when, where and how did it happen? I MUST KNOW! :LOL: I am obsessed... :unsure:

Hang out by the backdoor or bus after the show. You might catch chris with his arm out the window smoking a cig, or they might come out the bus. ORRRRR if you're way up front, you might get lucky and get an aftershow pass and hang with them back stage. ORRR if you're like me, you might meet someone from Warner Bros who'll hook you up. I have met them thrice now.

The longer you wait, the bigger th epay off, seriously. If you bail right after the concert you wont get crap, but i fyou hang around you juuuust might get an autograph and tell them they're wonderful.

I think stalking is a talent that takes many years to perfect...you have to start small, then one day...you'll get to that big goal.

I give you one bit of advice, be not above making a fool of yourself. Wearing a tshirt with the bass players name across the front is bound to get you attention...you just have to be able to take that Bellamy laughing and pointing at you. :cool:

I think stalking is a talent that takes many years to perfect...you have to start small, then one day...you'll get to that big goal.

I give you one bit of advice, be not above making a fool of yourself. Wearing a tshirt with the bass players name across the front is bound to get you attention...you just have to be able to take that Bellamy laughing and pointing at you. :cool:

go for the band members that the groupies normally avoid. in this case, that'd be chris. he's my favourite anyway, but if you give them attention first, you're more likely to be seen as a fan, rather than a matt groupie. I was chatting to chris before the metro's gig, and a few clueless girls in the queue saw matt pass briefly and I overheard one say to the other: "that's... ummm.. the guy from muse... i think... i'm sure it was!" so I said "nah, it was their guitar tech, he looks like matt though, eh?" and they believed me.

Yeah, everyone seemed to be so surprised by the fact I was wearing a tshirt with Chris' last name on it...not only did I know it, I could spell it too!

haha, a bit long isn't it?

anyway, masterplan_aus, that's a very joke you played on those girls. fuck, i would like to meet muse. i was close to. at the melb gig i waited an hour and a half but had to leave! apparently, muse came out 15 minutes after i left. just my luck. :indiff:

go for the band members that the groupies normally avoid. in this case, that'd be chris. he's my favourite anyway, but if you give them attention first, you're more likely to be seen as a fan, rather than a matt groupie. I was chatting to chris before the metro's gig, and a few clueless girls in the queue saw matt pass briefly and I overheard one say to the other: "that's... ummm.. the guy from muse... i think... i'm sure it was!" so I said "nah, it was their guitar tech, he looks like matt though, eh?" and they believed me.

HAHAHAHA, good one. :)

Chris seemed pretty friendly. I was all shy and stuff when they were in San Diego last May. All these people were going up to the bus shoving crap through the window for them to sign, but I didn't approach them immediately as I felt bad disturbing them. I sat on the other side of the street for ten or fifteen minutes watching people approach the bus and all. When I realized how many people were doing it I was like oh pfffft.

So I walked up to the bus...Chris had his arm out the window with a cigarette in his hand. I waved my little poster thingie by the window and I guess Dom or Matt musta said something to him cuz he was looking away at the time. He turned around stuck his head out the window and I very shly asked for an autograph. The poster disappeared for a moment and reemerged later with three autographs. I shook Chris' hand and thanked him/everyone for their time, told them it was an awesome show and to come back to San Diego anytime. :)

I know where to go/what to do to get an autograph, but when it comes to actually getting an autograph and talking I get really shy. On some level I feel bad cuz I'm afraid I'm catching them at "the wrong time" or something.

I was the same way in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

At the party in Los Angeles I musta just hung out by the bar, or in a corner for a long time watching people interact before I finally felt the timing was right to approach anyone. In San Fran I didn't even expect to see them after the show, but my friend and I hung around dancing long enough that just as the club was closing we saw Dom and Chris walk out, a few minutes later Matt walked out too.

like me waiting an hour after the gig at the "2 days a week"-festival...then i couldn't stand anymore... and they came out only after 2 hours...

what does take them so long???

I think thye must time it or something. like after 2 hours the only people left waiting are SERIOUS muse fans not just groupies or anything.

:ohmy: I want that top! Damn that's fresh!

The tshirt looks terrible now. It got quite fucked up in the moshpit, and Chris' drunken attempt to rewrite the WOL didn't go to plan, he was a bit more skilled at signing his name at least...but he got black marker all over my white bra underneath. It was one of my favourites too!

like me waiting an hour after the gig at the "2 days a week"-festival...then i couldn't stand anymore... and they came out only after 2 hours...

what does take them so long???

Poker, right? Neon (support act at Melbourne gig) came out looking decidedly dejected :LOL:

The tshirt looks terrible now. It got quite fucked up in the moshpit, and Chris' drunken attempt to rewrite the WOL didn't go to plan, he was a bit more skilled at signing his name at least...but he got black marker all over my white bra underneath. It was one of my favourites too!

Oh gay. I lost a favourite bra to t-shirt signing on the last day of school :( well worth it though! How did you make the Wolstenholme shirt? Is it a computer program or something?

I waited for two hours standing outside the gig RIGHT after the show, and I GOT TO MEET ALL THREE OF THEM!!! ^_______^

Really nice guys, actually, I got all three autographs on two posters twice, got a picture with Chris, had a chat with Chris, a hug from Chris, nearly took pics with Dom and Matt- but the camera battery ran out. Bloody lucky that they're not big in the US yet. I was the first one to notice Chris and Dom walking out (quite casually, beers in hand), and I ran up to Chris.

It went something like this. ~_~;

Me: ...Ohmygod. Ch-Chris!

Chris/Dom: Oh, hey!!

Me: CHRIS!- Have you got a pen?

Chris: ...wait, a what?

Me: A pen. Oh no..

Chris: Oh, no, sorry... ahh.

Me: *sees someone holding pen* THANK YOU SO MUCH. *takes it*

Chris: (erm) *signs*

Me: Oh, and can we take a picture please?

Chris: Sure. *hugs*

Me: Thanks SO much. Oh, and I'm glad your hand- well, your wrist is feeling better.

Chris: Oh, this. Yeah, well- *shows cast*

Me: Oh, yikes... Well, yeah, hope it heals up then.

Chris: Thanks! Thanks a lot.

Me: You were still brilliant- awesome.

Chris: *laughs*

Then, I went off to Dom to take a picture, and just as we pose, the camera runs out of battery. W.T.F.

SO. I hurry over to Matt, who's about to leave.

Me: MATT! Oh, you were brilliant- could you sign this?

Matt: Sure. *signs Math-* Oh, sorry, can't even spell my own name. *spells again*

Me: *laughs* Thanks so much. Enjoy your stay.

So yeah, that was about it. DEFINITELY worth the wait. My cold got a bit worse, though, since then. Hopefully I didn't give any of the guys my cold. *dodges tomatoes*

MusePoster.jpg

^ One of my signed posters. (The one where Matt screwed up (kinda) on his name.)

The problem here is that the last train is always just half an hour after a show...So I missed them in Milan.

They ignored the fans in Nice.

In Turin I had the flue and thought Dom's arm was seriously injured.

In Rome they run away because they had another gig.

In Bologna they went to the hotel and just Chris and Tom came to the aftershow but went in a private corner of the club.

In Paris my friends didn't want to wait and I missed them again.

My God, I feel so unluckly compared to you :'( :'(

I waited for two hours standing outside the gig RIGHT after the show, and I GOT TO MEET ALL THREE OF THEM!!! ^_______^

Really nice guys, actually, I got all three autographs on two posters twice, got a picture with Chris, had a chat with Chris, a hug from Chris, nearly took pics with Dom and Matt- but the camera battery ran out. Bloody lucky that they're not big in the US yet. I was the first one to notice Chris and Dom walking out (quite casually, beers in hand), and I ran up to Chris.

It went something like this. ~_~;

Me: ...Ohmygod. Ch-Chris!

Chris/Dom: Oh, hey!!

Me: CHRIS!- Have you got a pen?

Chris: ...wait, a what?

Me: A pen. Oh no..

Chris: Oh, no, sorry... ahh.

Me: *sees someone holding pen* THANK YOU SO MUCH. *takes it*

Chris: (erm) *signs*

Me: Oh, and can we take a picture please?

Chris: Sure. *hugs*

Me: Thanks SO much. Oh, and I'm glad your hand- well, your wrist is feeling better.

Chris: Oh, this. Yeah, well- *shows cast*

Me: Oh, yikes... Well, yeah, hope it heals up then.

Chris: Thanks! Thanks a lot.

Me: You were still brilliant- awesome.

Chris: *laughs*

Then, I went off to Dom to take a picture, and just as we pose, the camera runs out of battery. W.T.F.

SO. I hurry over to Matt, who's about to leave.

Me: MATT! Oh, you were brilliant- could you sign this?

Matt: Sure. *signs Math-* Oh, sorry, can't even spell my own name. *spells again*

Me: *laughs* Thanks so much. Enjoy your stay.

So yeah, that was about it. DEFINITELY worth the wait. My cold got a bit worse, though, since then. Hopefully I didn't give any of the guys my cold. *dodges tomatoes*

MusePoster.jpg

^ One of my signed posters. (The one where Matt screwed up (kinda) on his name.)

Wooooooow what a pretty poster <3

Archived