Ahh same here... I would much prefer to randomly bump into them... it's such an unnatural meeting to wait outside a gig for them, plus they know you've been waiting there just to meet them. Kinda weird. It's like "hey, i've been standing here for hours waiting to get a pic with you..." rather than just "oh hey! how's it going?"

You'd have a much better conversation with them if it was a random meeting :yesey:

Totaly agree with you,i think the conversation would be much nicer than,and way more natural then waiting for hours just to get an picture,i would probably even forget to ask for a picture whahahaha,finaly meet them,and forget to ask for the picture cause you just have a great conversation with them hahahaha

I believe you, I know muse were staying at the same hotel as me when I saw them at Wembley Stadium, a couple of people spoke to Matts Mum, quite a few Muse family members were there, I had a few drinks with the crew, sadly I never saw Muse, I'm not really very good at stalking people.

I know someone off here saw Matt in the hotel on a different tour but she was too scared to go and speak to him.

I saw Matt's mum and brother & other family members there - but no MUSE!!! Not sure that they actually were there.

Never bothered to wait THAT long for any band worth it. Not til placebo. We waited about an hour. The new drummer was really nice, and that was quite friendly, but it was all quite rushed and quick, especially when brian came out. I thought i missed the chance, but he paused and asked if he could sign my book lol, i just"Please! Thank you..." and that was about it. I would be worse with Muse. I was so awkard at THIS one but it was worth it. It would be worse with Muse cos they are bigger, but you cant just go looking around the city for them. That is stalkerish. If you go to a gig, part ofthe experience, if you have nothing better to do, is to wait after and see what happens. Just in case. If there was time, i'd love to ask how they were etc, alas no chance with Mr. Molko. Who knows.

I'm going to Birmingham, and would wait hours if i knew WHERE to wait. Same at O2, but as its a huuuge complex, where the foof would the tour bus be? Its like.. a huge moated castle ¬_¬ lol sorta. If anyone knows, or anyone else planning to, me thinks we should group up for emotional support xD

Also.. i wouldnt rush to interupt their meal! Maybe wait a while, and consider trying to catch them as they leave. i wouldnt want to keep them too long. Just enough for a few words, a thank you and picture. Brief hug if i can muster the words.

I know a guy who met them on his work experience as his company were doing some work on one of their videos or something. He said they were very "up their own arses" (for any Americans who might not be familiar with the expression means a a bit snooty and above everybody). Wouldn't want to meet them really I don't think unless it was a book signing or something I'd rather just rock out listening to em :D

Yeah, that was me. I was just leaving the hotel to go to the gig to 'see if I can see them arrive' and there he was in the reception area. I ran away quickly as I didnt want to look like a stalker, even though it was completely unintentional! That was one of the funniest moments of my mini tour :)

Was that at the Wembley Arena gig? In the Hilton (think it was the Hilton, the hotel right next to the arena)?? I had just arrived and was waiting for the lift to go up to my room and when the doors opened Matt walked out. I was more than a little dumb struck. Stood gawping for a few seconds whilst other people milled about and chatted to him and got photos etc. Eventually plucked up the courage to pursue him for a quick hello just as he started to walk out to the car waiting outside, so ended up doing the most embarrassing full circle through the revolving doors and walk of shame back to the lift. :facepalm::$

My friend, not a particularly big Muse fan, thought I was a mentalist.

Met them at a signing in the States too in 2004. They were really lovely, but looked as uncomfortable with the situation as I felt. :LOL:

I know a guy who met them on his work experience as his company were doing some work on one of their videos or something. He said they were very "up their own arses"

Your mate had a different experience to me...they were lovely and nothing but polite and friendly (especially considering I was talking shit to Dom and Chris due to nerves!). :D

Was that at the Wembley Arena gig? In the Hilton (think it was the Hilton, the hotel right next to the arena)?? I had just arrived and was waiting for the lift to go up to my room and when the doors opened Matt walked out. I was more than a little dumb struck. Stood gawping for a few seconds whilst other people milled about and chatted to him and got photos etc. Eventually plucked up the courage to pursue him for a quick hello just as he started to walk out to the car waiting outside, so ended up doing the most embarrassing full circle through the revolving doors and walk of shame back to the lift. :facepalm::$

My friend, not a particularly big Muse fan, thought I was a mentalist.

Met them at a signing in the States too in 2004. They were really lovely, but looked as uncomfortable with the situation as I felt. :LOL:

Yeah, that was the one!

Ahh same here... I would much prefer to randomly bump into them... it's such an unnatural meeting to wait outside a gig for them, plus they know you've been waiting there just to meet them. Kinda weird. It's like "hey, i've been standing here for hours waiting to get a pic with you..." rather than just "oh hey! how's it going?"

You'd have a much better conversation with them if it was a random meeting :yesey:

I'm the opposite. The 3 times that I've bumped into them randomly, I havent been able to speak to them at all. Twice, I walked past them and pretended I hadnt seen them/didnt know who they were. The 3rd time, there was no escape as I knew I'd been seen and recognised so I just said hello and scampered away!

I have no problem waiting outside venues because I always think, if they didnt want to/didnt have time they wouldnt come over. However if you bump into them randomly, they cant really make the choice to escape if they want to!

Never bothered to wait THAT long for any band worth it. Not til placebo. We waited about an hour. The new drummer was really nice, and that was quite friendly, but it was all quite rushed and quick, especially when brian came out. I thought i missed the chance, but he paused and asked if he could sign my book lol, i just"Please! Thank you..." and that was about it. I would be worse with Muse. I was so awkard at THIS one but it was worth it. It would be worse with Muse cos they are bigger, but you cant just go looking around the city for them. That is stalkerish. If you go to a gig, part ofthe experience, if you have nothing better to do, is to wait after and see what happens. Just in case. If there was time, i'd love to ask how they were etc, alas no chance with Mr. Molko. Who knows.

I'm going to Birmingham, and would wait hours if i knew WHERE to wait. Same at O2, but as its a huuuge complex, where the foof would the tour bus be? Its like.. a huge moated castle ¬_¬ lol sorta. If anyone knows, or anyone else planning to, me thinks we should group up for emotional support xD

Also.. i wouldnt rush to interupt their meal! Maybe wait a while, and consider trying to catch them as they leave. i wouldnt want to keep them too long. Just enough for a few words, a thank you and picture. Brief hug if i can muster the words.

I am going to B'ham too and may well wait to catch a glimpse of them arriving before it kicks off-if you look at the NIA site plan there is a stage door inside the North Car park,if i am in the mood,thats where i will be a few hours before.I don't think i would be nervous at all to meet any of them-they seem such nice approachable guys.

I don't think i'd be all that bothered about meeting Muse. It's not like they're gonna become great friends with me and if I ever met them again I doubt they'd recognise me too. Then they start to think you're a crazy stalker and in the end its just better not ever meeting them at all.

Yeah, that was the one!

I'm the opposite. The 3 times that I've bumped into them randomly, I havent been able to speak to them at all. Twice, I walked past them and pretended I hadnt seen them/didnt know who they were. The 3rd time, there was no escape as I knew I'd been seen and recognised so I just said hello and scampered away!

I have no problem waiting outside venues because I always think, if they didnt want to/didnt have time they wouldnt come over. However if you bump into them randomly, they cant really make the choice to escape if they want to!

your signature rox btw

I don't think i'd be all that bothered about meeting Muse. It's not like they're gonna become great friends with me and if I ever met them again I doubt they'd recognise me too. Then they start to think you're a crazy stalker and in the end its just better not ever meeting them at all.

:eek: how can you say that???

I keep comming across peoples pictures on myspace, with Matt, Dom or Chris................... How? When? I wanna meet em well everyone does jsut wondering those of you who have where was it? and....i envy u :@

Ashley

well if you go to the muse official myspace page and then you will see their top friends... dom, matt, and chris are there. (don't even try to add matt!!! I tried and he eventually blocked me. Plus he has that do you know this persons last name on his add thing... uh DUH!!!:mad: i know his middle and last name!!!!)

Archived