CONCUR!! Lighten up people. I am not a particular fan of the books or movies (and I have read/seen all of them) but I think they're making a smart business decision

It's all about demographics and if you go after the younger crowd it buys you that many more years of fanbase. Plus the additional sales will give them the capital and freedom to make their shows bigger and better or generate whatever kind of music they want. I actually think it will boost their creativity.

*stepping off my soapbox* :p

:yesey:

its good business, and the fact that they are being a part of this instead of going about it as if they were 'too good for this shit:phu:', i too believe that this will give them leverage and slightly more freedom down the line if they should want or need it :)

this might not look pretty to some now, but later on it will pay off.

just like how they fought for Origin back in the day paid off,because it told people so much about what sort of people the band was when it comes to their music,and some that wouldnt give them the time of day ended up as fans because they respected that fight so much, they checked out their music and loved it.

at the same time they seem like they 'play' a bit more now -making albums like TR and being a part of soundtracks like this, as if they feel freer to do so. and im glad for them :) nothing makes me happier than seeing talented people get attention for their music (even if it is by twilighters), and get out of that garage, and actually be able to live of doing what they love doing.

sure, twilight is not exacly the best written litterature out there. but it got people to read, and i even know dyslectics who gave the books a chance, because they felt it was interesting and easy enough to keep reading. now they give other, better books a chance too, because they didnt feel the need to give up halfway in new moon.

and in the strength of meyer herself being a muser, it brought attention to the band, and got more people into them. yeah, some never care to check out anything else but the songs used in her playlists or in the movies, but others become musers for life.

fickle passers by will walk on.

but real love is forever :happy:

(oh dear god, i couldnt help myself!!! :LOL::LOL: )

*jumps down from her own soapbox*

+1

I'm getting used to the moaning about Muse on this forum. Some of it's pretty funny actually, even if I don't agree.

There are some fans, like me, who like pretty much everything that Muse do and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's not very entertaining if everyone agrees, so I'm generally not bothered about people who have issues with what Muse are doing.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are a huge amount of Muse fans who are not forum members and maybe their views are very different to some of the general views on here. Guiding Light might be very popular amongst non-forum members for all we know. I hope it is, as I like it and wouldn't object to hearing it played live again and again (but I'd love to hear more of the earlier stuff too) :)

Can't wait for the new song! I hope we get a preview soon!

+1 for shinybee! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, from the very first fans of Muse to the [annoying] preteen girls swooning over "The Twilight Band". As long as we all express our views in a respectful manner, it's fine to disagree.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am at the prospect of new material, even if it has a cheesy title. It's Muse after all! And addressing the generalizations about "real" Muse fans, I don't think it makes me any less of a fan if I can appreciate Muse's old and new material alike. It's their work, and their creative output, and we aren't forced to like it or listen to it. But life is sure is much more enjoyable if you do! :happy:

Woo! Can't wait to hear this!! I thought the use of SMBH was really good in Twilight but you could hardly hear IBTY in New Moon.

I hope this new song will be:

*good,

*better placed in the film and

*that Eclipse will be a better film than New Moon, the storyline's loads better.... :p ducks in readiness for any Twatlight abuse!!!

Lol at all the comments in this thread though!

Disclaimer: I liked Muse before Twilight existed and can prove it :D

:yesey:

plus, theyve got a director that actually know what the fuck hes doing too, so im kinda interested to see this,to be honest :)

also, ive got a twilighter friend who are pretty much bribing me to come with her anyway..... 'but jeaaaaaan!!! its for the insane lolz!!! :D come on!! and muse <3 will be played too!!'

im already talked into it:stunned:

it should be noted,however, that both of us too were properly muse-ified long before twilight were even written :happy:

Christ can people stop writing essays. :LOL:

:LOL: Oops, sorry! :p

+1 for shinybee! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, from the very first fans of Muse to the [annoying] preteen girls swooning over "The Twilight Band". As long as we all express our views in a respectful manner, it's fine to disagree.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am at the prospect of new material, even if it has a cheesy title. It's Muse after all! And addressing the generalizations about "real" Muse fans, I don't think it makes me any less of a fan if I can appreciate Muse's old and new material alike. It's their work, and their creative output, and we aren't forced to like it or listen to it. But life is sure is much more enjoyable if you do!

Aaw, thanks! Only 11 days till NSC is released!:D

Me neither. I'm a 30-something woman and my (current) favourites songs are Dead Star and Stockholm Syndrome. You don't get less cheesyballady than that.

well...here's to you for fighting the corner of us 30 somethings....:party:...I love Fury and Citizen Erased.....poppy?? ballady?? I think bloody not!!!! :rolleyes: back to the NSC thread....so what if the track is being used on Twitlight..(not a fan)...looking forward to hearing something new.....if it makes them some more cash bloody good luck to them....as long as they keep playing live bring it on.....

Just my guess on this but I reckon that this is only one new song, I imagine this being a piano song and wasn't there some speculation about a double neck Manson? That could be a totally different song? Meh I don't know what's going on :LOL:

Just my guess on this but I reckon that this is only one new song, I imagine this being a piano song and wasn't there some speculation about a double neck Manson? That could be a totally different song? Meh, just a thought

Well it would have been double neck in the video would it not?

Extended MK? More breaking through? I'd like that.

The case is red, and red makes me think of MK Ultra. That sounds stupid, but bear with me I'm as excited as you are, lol.

I could see if the wrong disc got in the wrong case, or if they took the original disc out and replaced with something different, and have the real disc stowed away so someone doesn't get to it, like me. lol. But I swear for the life of me it said Muse on the disc.

True.

I'm not sure if you ever got an apology from the people being rude to you, and even though I didn't do it, I'm apologizng on their behalf. Thanks for the uploads :)

but wait a minute, does the new Eclipse single mean that Muse is done with singles from TR?

That'll be coz I've never heard of it!:stunned:

Admittedly I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to anything film or tv related as I'm not fond of either but I'll warrant it's nowhere near as well-known as Twilight!

So, totally unrelated, but your sig is love. I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of in that pic.:awesome::dom:

On topic, I give up. I'm just going to wait for the song and then either a) bitch or b) bitch but with a lighter tone. Title of the song is lame, but I could like this... I hope.

Sooo. Everyone is either going to hate me or love me after I tell you a little story about a conversation I had with Matt a little over a month ago...should I tell it or not? :$

Side note: I talked to him for nearly 2 hours. I just about died.

I don't even think it's because Muse fans hate the film... the film isn't that bad really... but a lot of Twilight fans are horrendous. I don't want to go to Muse gigs to find them full of screaming Twilight fans singing along to 2 songs and then going 'WTF is this shit?' when Citizen Erased is played.

Sooo. Everyone is either going to hate me or love me after I tell you a little story about a conversation I had with Matt a little over a month ago...should I tell it or not? :$

Tell us about it. :shifty:

Tell please! Did he say he liked Twilight? ;)

EDIT: Your avatar pic is so cute!!!

Archived