What exactly do you mean?

Yeah, I'm interested in the reply too. Not that I'm in my thirties any more!:LOL:

If he is suggesting that all women in their/over their thirties are Twilight fans then he'd better think again :rolleyes:

Maybe he was inspiried by the book when he wrote it!

:LOL:

And me who thought that SMBH was inspired by the Black Hole machine on the Teignmouth pier!

Would it ever be released if they weren't on the soundtrack?

Yes, Matt or Dom mentioned about releasing it as a standalone single like Dead Star/In Your World was.

I agree with what alot of you guys are saying, I know i look like a troll because Im just lurking around. They dont make music for us, they make it for themselves, its what THEY want us to hear. We dont have to like it, but at the same time, they shouldnt have to stoop low and put their name on something that is (whether you all like it or not) a fad. Twilight will go out the door soon enough, and the teeny boppers and air heads will fall away leaving the collective fan base that Muse established on their own merits. Till then I suppose we all just have to wait, and take what they give us.

Despite the fact that the new song is attatched to Twilight...Im still foaming at the mouth to hear something new. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm interested in the reply too. Not that I'm in my thirties any more!:LOL:

If he is suggesting that all women in their/over their thirties are Twilight fans then he'd better think again :rolleyes:

I thought he was insinuating that it's the thirtysomething women who love all the cheesy ballads and poppy songs.

I may, however, have misunderstood.

The following isn't directed to anybody specifically.

I'm sorry, but if you're one of those people who are annoyed or bothered with Muse's asociation with Twilight then you really need to grow up! It's pathetic. At the end of the day, its not influencing Muse's output. They're always going to write what they want, and if its to commerical for you, or if you don't like what you hear then you can move on.

As for Supermassive Black Hole, it has always been popular. It's Muse's highest singles chart entry in the UK, it cemented their position as one of the biggest and most original rock acts of the modern era and Twilight has done nothing more than bring it to a new audience in America. It's a great song and reflects the bands latest musical ambitions And again, if that bothers you, move on!

I agree with what alot of you guys are saying, I know i look like a troll because Im just lurking around. They dont make music for us, they make it for themselves, its what THEY want us to hear. We dont have to like it, but at the same time, they shouldnt have to stoop low and put their name on something that is (whether you all like it or not) a fad. Twilight will go out the door soon enough, and the teeny boppers and air heads will fall away leaving the collective fan base that Muse established on their own merits. Till then I suppose we all just have to wait, and take what they give us.

Despite the fact that the new song its attatched to Twilight...Im still foaming at the mouth to hear something new. :rolleyes:

They will attract new proper fans too. Not just the screaming pre-teen girls.

Do some people really expect Muse to turn down an offer for their music to reach millions of people becuase some of their fans don't like the movie?

I think Muse have reached the point in popularity where you start to hear "they've changed, they're not the same band anymore maaaaaaaaaan" from some fans. We get it, you're too cool for the room. Enough.

I thought he was insinuating that it's the thirtysomething women who love all the cheesy ballads and poppy songs.

Yes, that too!

'cuz it's true

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

No, it isn't. Silly child.

i wasn't saying it for MY sake, i was saying it so maybe people would stop moaning on about the fact that muse have gone downhill :LOL:

like i said, i'll listen to guiding light and it's an OK song.

EDIT: i DON'T think that muse should change because of the fans.. surely that would make them more of a sell out. :erm:

+1

I'm getting used to the moaning about Muse on this forum. Some of it's pretty funny actually, even if I don't agree.

There are some fans, like me, who like pretty much everything that Muse do and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's not very entertaining if everyone agrees, so I'm generally not bothered about people who have issues with what Muse are doing.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are a huge amount of Muse fans who are not forum members and maybe their views are very different to some of the general views on here. Guiding Light might be very popular amongst non-forum members for all we know. I hope it is, as I like it and wouldn't object to hearing it played live again and again (but I'd love to hear more of the earlier stuff too) :)

Can't wait for the new song! I hope we get a preview soon!

It's funny 'cuz it's true :D

Hmmph! Not that I'm in my 30s anymore, but I've never been a cheesy ballad/poppy song kinda girl. :phu:

Don't get me wrong -- I thought the first Twilight movie was dumber than a box of rocks much of the time (the younger-looking vamps' endlessly repeating high school rather than finding something else to do with their time was but one of many groaners), but by teen-girl-movie standards it wasn't as wretched as many other films made essentially for teens (boys or girls). I haven't seen the sequel or read any of S. Meyer's novels, which are generally said to be truly wretched, but I'm willing to take the lit crits' word for it.

But having said that, Muse's high-profile song placements in the series is basically a fantastic thing for them. I never hold it against a musical artist when their music is used in a terrible movie; in fact, I usually feel grateful for that grace note [no pun intended] if a dull or formulaic scene or montage is enlivened by a good song or instrumental track. You take your quality where you can find it, y'know? And since I rarely listen to music stations on the radio (NPR addict), I actually do rely on movie soundtracks (and NPR's music reviews) to introduce me to a lot of what's out there.

Besides, all the Twilight-haters overlook one of the biggest cine-stinkers and high-profile song placements in years: the very prominent use of "New Born" in the French slasher flick Haute Tension (High Tension in English-speaking countries). If you haven't seen this one, take my word for it: for all its initial success with the effective slasher bits and such establishing the tone of dread and menace, the film flushed it all down the toilet with the laziest and most outrageous third-reel plot-hole since Oceans 12 relied on the Julia Roberts/Julia Roberts thing. (The plot hole in question is every bit as egregious, if understandably different.) It was beyond bad, but you don't hear any Musers complaining that "New Born" is somehow ruined today because it was playing throughout the chase-the-"killer"'s-van-down-the-highway scene in HT...

It was beyond bad' date=' but you don't hear any Musers complaining that "New Born" is somehow ruined today because it was playing throughout the chase-the-"killer"'s-van-down-the-highway scene in [i']HT[/i]...

That'll be coz I've never heard of it!:stunned:

Admittedly I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to anything film or tv related as I'm not fond of either but I'll warrant it's nowhere near as well-known as Twilight!

Do some people really expect Muse to turn down an offer for their music to reach millions of people becuase some of their fans don't like the movie?

I think Muse have reached the point in popularity where you start to hear "they've changed, they're not the same band anymore maaaaaaaaaan" from some fans. We get it, you're too cool for the room. Enough.

Word! :D

Archived