Right, so I've been working on my family, none of whom are Musers...this is a convo I had with mom today.

Me: *driving my car, Muse mp3 CD with 6 albums + b-sides playing.*

Mom: *in the passenger seat* oh, where's my song?

Me: Supermassive Black Hole or Uprising?

Mom: both.

Me: Uh...SMBH is track 3 in folder 2, and Uprising is the first track on the CD. Folder 1

Mom: *goes to folder 2 and jams to Supermassive Black Hole*

(:facepalm:)

SMBH: *ends*

MotP: *starts*

Mom: Eww, I don't like this song. It's so eighties. *goes to folder 1 and plays Uprising*

Me: EIGHTIES??? You want eighties, put on Guiding Light. *I go off into a rant about GL and our loving nicknames for it, and how much it sucked that we heard GL instead of MK Ultra at the Phoenix concert.*

*skip ahead a few hours, and we're back in the car*

GL: *plays*

Mom: But it's pretty! Why do you all hate this song, there's nothing wrong with it!

:facepalm::$ My own mother, I swear.

At least my dad enjoyed Hysteria when I drove him to the mechanic yesterday. :\mm/:

i feel like every couple pages or so, we should vent about wankers who call them "THE Muse".

AHAHHRRRGHHH!

i almost clothes-lined this lady for calling them that. then i remembered she was my mom.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

This sounds bad but this really made me laugh a lot! :stunned::$;)

Right, so I've been working on my family, none of whom are Musers...this is a convo I had with mom today.

Me: *driving my car, Muse mp3 CD with 6 albums + b-sides playing.*

Mom: *in the passenger seat* oh, where's my song?

Me: Supermassive Black Hole or Uprising?

Mom: both.

Me: Uh...SMBH is track 3 in folder 2, and Uprising is the first track on the CD. Folder 1

Mom: *goes to folder 2 and jams to Supermassive Black Hole*

(:facepalm:)

SMBH: *ends*

MotP: *starts*

Mom: Eww, I don't like this song. It's so eighties. *goes to folder 1 and plays Uprising*

Me: EIGHTIES??? You want eighties, put on Guiding Light. *I go off into a rant about GL and our loving nicknames for it, and how much it sucked that we heard GL instead of MK Ultra at the Phoenix concert.*

*skip ahead a few hours, and we're back in the car*

Mom: But it's pretty! Why do you all hate this song, there's nothing wrong with it!

At least my dad enjoyed Hysteria when I drove him to the mechanic yesterday. :\mm/:

GL :LOL: Speaking of in the car....

I played Sing for Absolution acoustic version in the car today. My sister and I are sitting silently in the awe, occasionally singing along, and as it draw to an end, this happend:

Dad:I didnt know your girls were into this whiny, moaning shit?

Me: :eek:

Dad: It sounds like, umm, who are they... that bloody radiohead

Me: Radiohead, lol

Emma: Its Muse!

Me: *plays dead star, to change his mind*

:chuckle: When my dad walked by the TV during A Seaside Rendezvous, he was like..."that sounds like Rammstein." I can't remember which song it was (prob. Hysteria or New Born), but I lol'd. He likes Rammstein, though, so that's a good thing.

GL :LOL: Speaking of in the car....

I played Sing for Absolution acoustic version in the car today. My sister and I are sitting silently in the awe, occasionally singing along, and as it draw to an end, this happend:

Dad:I didnt know your girls were into this whiny, moaning shit?

Me: :eek:

Me: Radiohead, lol

Emma: Its Muse!

Me: *plays dead star, to change his mind*

my father says they sound like radiohead just to piss me off.

but he actually doesn't know neither of them.

dad: are you listening to that band again?

me: muse? no it's radiohead.

dad: thought you hated them.

me: who radiohead? nooo me likes. i just don't like how ppl keep on comparing them with muse, when really, they don't sound similar.

dad: you know what, they sound like radiohead. too much

me: have you ever listened to a whole muse song?

dad: no

me: have you ever listened to a whole rh song?

dad: no

me: do you know who rh are?!

dad: no, why should i?

me: then why don't you just stfu. :facepalm:

Well, recently me and my best friend, Valerie, got in a fight with our other "friend." So our "friend" feels left out when me and Valerie talk about our random inside jokes (she's a Muser) and of course our "friend" won't get it because she hates Muse! She also started annoying the hell outta us, and asked for a second chance when we ditched lunch because we're the only 2 that sit with her. So we did, and now she's acting like she LOVES Muse and that all the songs I suggest for her to listen are amazing. What a fake, huh? :rolleyes:. Well anyway, we had a conversation about Muse on facebook and I told her, just to see how'd she react cause she's more into stupid Justine Beaver (Justin Bieber :LOL:) and all that hip-hop and rap crap and NEVER listens to rock, I told her to listen to Stockholm Syndrome. She told me how the beat was "sick" and how much she loved me. Seriously!? Her loving Stockholm Syndrome? I couldn't believe it :LOL:. So then, I asked my other friends who also dislike her about this cause they saw the conversation. They said that she's obviously trying to become friends with me again by liking the stuff I like and that's just mainly Muse and is just pretending to like Muse for me :facepalm: I agree after I told my "friend" to listen to Glorious and Bliss that night on facebook, and she said no cause she was too lazy :p. Uh, yeah long rant over xD. She just drives me insane!!

Awww ... my dad loves Guiding Light ... so do I.:( It is pretty, albeit a little cheesy lyrically. I'm horridly cynical when it comes to love and love songs, but I still like GL. It makes me sad when everyone makes fun of it.:phu:

My dad is awesome though ... he likes pretty much all Muse. Any album I put in the car, he seems to enjoy, whether it's the hard stuff or the pretty stuff.:)

I think my sister is Radiomuse blind.

Me: *plays Uprising*

Sister: That's a good Muse song.

Me: *plays Guiding Light*

Me: *plays Electioneering*

Well, recently me and my best friend, Valerie, got in a fight with our other "friend." So our "friend" feels left out when me and Valerie talk about our random inside jokes (she's a Muser) and of course our "friend" won't get it because she hates Muse! She also started annoying the hell outta us, and asked for a second chance when we ditched lunch because we're the only 2 that sit with her. So we did, and now she's acting like she LOVES Muse and that all the songs I suggest for her to listen are amazing. What a fake, huh? :rolleyes:. Well anyway, we had a conversation about Muse on facebook and I told her, just to see how'd she react cause she's more into stupid Justine Beaver (Justin Bieber :LOL:) and all that hip-hop and rap crap and NEVER listens to rock, I told her to listen to Stockholm Syndrome. She told me how the beat was "sick" and how much she loved me. Seriously!? Her loving Stockholm Syndrome? I couldn't believe it :LOL:. So then, I asked my other friends who also dislike her about this cause they saw the conversation. They said that she's obviously trying to become friends with me again by liking the stuff I like and that's just mainly Muse and is just pretending to like Muse for me :facepalm: I agree after I told my "friend" to listen to Glorious and Bliss that night on facebook, and she said no cause she was too lazy :p. Uh, yeah long rant over xD. She just drives me insane!!

I'm sorry but am I the only one here who feels slightly sorry for your 'friend'? You don't want to be friends with here because she doesn't like Muse, but the minute she starts to be open minded, you cut her off again? Even if she is just pretending, you should give her credit for trying.. She obviously really wants to be your friend... And anyway it's not her fault that she has a horrid taste in music... Maybe it's just me misunderstanding this whole situation, I don't know, it just seemed kind of unfair to me that's all...

I'm sorry but am I the only one here who feels slightly sorry for your 'friend'? You don't want to be friends with here because she doesn't like Muse, but the minute she starts to be open minded, you cut her off again? Even if she is just pretending, you should give her credit for trying.. She obviously really wants to be your friend... And anyway it's not her fault that she has a horrid taste in music... Maybe it's just me misunderstanding this whole situation, I don't know, it just seemed kind of unfair to me that's all...

I kinda agree, though I've been in that situation, albeit a different reason. It's a tough one to be in.

Yes well... Apart from this whole issue of Muse with her and me, there's just more things. She tries to hard to fit in with those "popular" kids in my school. To me, it just seems pathetic. I hang around with my friends that I've known for ages and have come to known that we could see if sometimes up with just a look in there eyes. As for my "friend" she just wants to fit in with all this nonsense with the "popular" kids. And yeah, she seems to have bad taste in music, and I know that she's only pretending to loves Muse... But I just don't get why she suddenly is doing this, when really she didn't mind my crazy obsession. Everyone got used to me being the Muser. But anyway, I guess you're a bit right, it seems unfair. I mean, she really is a nice girl! This is all so confusing though, she's like the complete opposite of me and... Argh, I'm probably not making sense >.<

okay.. this just happened...

Me: *driving my car...* -playing "Citizen Erased" -

my friend (who went with me to the muse gig at the key arena) : i luv that song...

me: me too, have you listened this cd?

my friend *who went with me to the muse gig at the key arena* : yeah, a little, kind of depressing though

Me: :eek: *thinking.. STUPID :facepalm: *

my friend, yes, the one who went with me to the gig.... :( : i love that song that they sing with a girl..

me... WHAT? :fear:

my friend: yeah, the one that says.. come home.. come home... cause ive been waiting for you..

*come home.... one republic :facepalm:

me: :wtf::noey: *she attended to the gig, she knows how muse sounds!!!!* :noey:

Some friends came over at Easter one time (yay zombie jesus) and one of my friend's little sister turned on the radio, and my HAARP CD started playing. Anyways, my friend told me to turn off the "gay music" :I....

Absolution is too beautiful to be compared to that crap. :fear:

My mom likes Muse so we were watching Seaside Rendezvous toegther.

*Hysteria starts*

Mom: I like this song

Me: *nods in approval*

-My sister walks in-

Sister: Is this Supermassive Black Holes?

Me: Noo *Facepalm*

-Sister sits down and watches-

*New Born starts*

Mom: This is my song!

Sister: Is THIS Supermassive Black Holes?

Me: NOOO

Mom: No, it's Bliss

Me: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Then I had another one while coming back from the mall with my dad yesterday

*Puts in Muse CD and WATU starts*

Dad: Is this Muse?

Me: Yeah

Dad: Is this really a rock and roll band? I don't hear guitar

Me: This is the intro music, dad :facepalm:

And ANOTHER one with my dad... my mom bought me this cute shirt and I went to try it on and walked downstairs to show my parents. My dad said that I looked like Muse, whatever the hell that means. :facepalm:

*Hysteria starts*

-My sister walks in-

*New Born starts*

Supermassive Black HOLES. :facepalm:

Mistaking New Born for SMBH and Bliss. :facepalm::facepalm:

And ANOTHER one with my dad... my mom bought me this cute shirt and I went to try it on and walked downstairs to show my parents. My dad said that I looked like Muse, whatever the hell that means. :facepalm:

I'm not sure what that means either, but I would take it as a compliment. :awesome:

Absolution is too beautiful to be compared to that crap. :fear:

My mom likes Muse so we were watching Seaside Rendezvous toegther.

*Hysteria starts*

-My sister walks in-

*New Born starts*

Then I had another one while coming back from the mall with my dad yesterday

*Puts in Muse CD and WATU starts*

Dad: Is this Muse?

Me: Yeah

Dad: Is this really a rock and roll band? I don't hear guitar

Me: This is the intro music, dad :facepalm:

Sorry guys, but I suck at acronyms... WATU?

LOL! A couple weeks ago I put on some dark blue sparkly nail polish for no particular reason (I rarely ever wear any makeup or nail polish). My dad noticed it and asked if it was a "Muse thing." I guess whenever I do something out of character, my parents assume it's that Muse crowd I've fallen in with. It kind of cracks me up.

I'm not sure what that means either, but I would take it as a compliment. :awesome:

He tries so hard to be cool :LOL: He said his favorite Muse song was the one with the butterflies and piano songs :facepalm: That's the only one I've ever shown him anyways

Sorry guys, but I suck at acronyms... WATU?

We Are The Universe :p

Archived