her: uhg... is this Robbie williams?

Me: :facepalm:

*Matt singing " I can’t find the words to say,

But they’re overdue...

Me: this is Muse...

her: well, it sounds a lot like Robbie Williams you know

Me:... :noey:

lol robbie williams.

my friend was watching that "audience with micheal buble" thing last saturday while i was on msn to her as she was like "OMG feeling good i love this song!!" so i was like "muse did it better" (this is part of an ongoing argument between me and my friend about who is better: micheal buble or muse. i think i might have posted about how it started before...its a long story, but it involves going round a shopping centre asking just about everyone who they preferred...dont ask :LOL:)

so then we had a big argument about who is better and she said "muse are shit cause they are reduce to doing the song foir twilight"

:eek::eek::eek:

i was like "oh noooo you di'int"

that comback dosnt actually make sense though, cause shes a twilight fan :LOL::facepalm:

Well, there's a thing that if you read Muse not in English but in a Lithuanian way it actually sounds like a fly (in Lithuanian lang, 'course). Gah, I've never even thought about it until my 11 years old brother asked are they Lithuanian.:facepalm:

Anyways, Lithuanian kids sure don't know this band and read the title incorrectly, thinking it's the name of an insect. So, since I have a Muse logo patch on my backbag I often hear kids on the street screaming "A fly! A fly" in Lithuanian for me. I just turn at them, smile and wave :chuckle:

:musesign:

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING! So I was playing USoE and my dad heard it and was like "That sounds like..."

And I just said, "Oh God, please don't say Radiohead."

Him: "Queen..."

Me: "Oh, well that's not as bad."

There would be (super)massive amounts of :facepalm: if he said Radiohead. Or Creed. Or Nickelback.

How are comparisons to Queen good, but comparisons to Radiohead bad? Both influenced Muse so either comparison is valid.

my mom would not be able to name Muse if a gun was to her head...

i have told her a thousand times, she has a few songs on her iPod(listens while she works out) and has listened to Muse in the car with me :facepalm:

and still....:noey:

although, the other day she was talking to her friend and she asked me, "whats the band you like? Here, play one of their songs for my friend... theres three people singing right?"

-this was in an effort to show her friend, that Muse, in fact, was not a creator of music that one could work out efficiently to :fear:

My dad goes on these bike rides everyday, probably 2-3 hours each. He has a playlist which he listens to while he rides. Sometimes when he comes home, his iPod will still be blasting loud enough for me to hear it. Well, the past three times I've heard it, it's been Resistance, Uprising, and KoC :awesome:

I think I'm starting to have a hearty influence :chuckle:

My dad goes on these bike rides everyday, probably 2-3 hours each. He has a playlist which he listens to while he rides. Sometimes when he comes home, his iPod will still be blasting loud enough for me to hear it. Well, the past three times I've heard it, it's been Resistance, Uprising, and KoC :awesome:

I think I'm starting to have a hearty influence :chuckle:

Haha, I have a similar story! I posted earlier about my Muse fail with my dad, but I think I'm beginning to have a Muse fan(ish) in my brother. I was on the school bus and I over heard (of all songs) Exo-politics(!) through my brother's headphones. I asked him about it and he said that he kind of liked it, but he really liked the song with the weird name (further questioning revealed that to be Hysteria) and the "metal song" (which of course was SS :LOL:)

I hope this continues! (I only gave him all my Muse CDs to put on his ipod a year ago :p)

This poor boy didn't stand a chance against my huge amount of Muse knowledge....

capturece.jpg

Try and tell me Muse were here last October :mad:

I :LOL:'d. A winner is you! :D

I just went onto Omegle for an hour or so. I'd purposely mention me 'listening to music', so they would ask me 'what music?', and I would answer a certain song by Muse. 3/4th of the time I got something like this:

'I like Muse, especially that song 'Neutron Star Collision'. Oh, and Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole.'

NSC's seed is spreading quickly :facepalm:

I'd post this in the Omegle thread, but it seemed more fitting here.

On Youtube a girl commented on Neutron Star Collison: "This is a great song! So unique(: It so describes Edward and Bellas love, while at the same time including the love triangle with Jacob"!!!

I hate stupid Twilighters!!! :mad:

*head explodes* :mad:

Lolz, no I saw them last October. :LOL:

:LOL: Awesome

I :LOL:'d. A winner is you! :D

I just went onto Omegle for an hour or so. I'd purposely mention me 'listening to music', so they would ask me 'what music?', and I would answer a certain song by Muse. 3/4th of the time I got something like this:

'I like Muse, especially that song 'Neutron Star Collision'. Oh, and Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole.'

NSC's seed is spreading quickly :facepalm:

I'd post this in the Omegle thread, but it seemed more fitting here.

I always start off with "Finish: Knights of ______" or Finish: "Butterflies & ________" or simply SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

On topic now... My friends now admits she doesnt hate Muse she's just neutral. Thi is coming from a girl who used vomit everytime I mentioned Muse, or Matt Bellamy :LOL:

I always start off with "Finish: Knights of ______" or Finish: "Butterflies & ________" or simply SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

On topic now... My friends now admits she doesnt hate Muse she's just neutral. Thi is coming from a girl who used vomit everytime I mentioned Muse, or Matt Bellamy :LOL:

Haa so do I, or some lyrics. About 80% of the people don't know what the hell i'm on about, but normally I have some pretty interesting converstations with Muse fans.

Anyways,

My mum was searching through my iPod...

*Plays Micro Cuts*

Mother: Oh dear, this is like listening to dogs barking at a very high pitch.

Me: :eek::LOL::facepalm:

So my dad comes home late the other night kind of drunk and he decides that he was going to get on YouTube and look up Muse ("because he has to get to know what I like before I leave for college :LOL:") I see him listening to Uprising then he says "Wow, they're actually not bad. I've listened to a couple of their songs. You should make me a CD!"

So I did. I gave it to him yesterday.

This morning, as he's leaving for work, says "I don't remember exactly why you gave me that CD, but it's really shit. Especially that first song (which just happened to be Uprising :facepalm:). Sorry, I tried to like it, I know how much you do."

Moral of the story: I guess for some people Muse only works after you've had a couple of beers. :rolleyes:

I do have to admit I do enjoy Muse more while drunk. :LOL:

I still love them sober, though. :LOL:

This poor boy didn't stand a chance against my huge amount of Muse knowledge....

capturece.jpg

Try and tell me Muse were here last October :mad:

WIN!

Also, last night with my friend:

friend: MUSE SUCK!

me: are you just egging me on because you know I'm obsessed?

friend: No, they really do!

me: what have you heard by them?

friend: uh... half of one song....

me: which song?

friend: Undisclosed... something...

me: That's it?

friend: yeah. :$

me: :facepalm:

a couple of weeks ago, my little brother was listening to his iPod in the kitchen, and i distinctly heard the climactic piano part in the middle of Ruled By Secrecy, and started freaking out 'cause he's into like, the devil wears prada and other screamo stuff.

me: what is that!?

richi: oh, it's muse.

me: why are you listening to them? and that one of all songs?

richi: 'cause it reminds me of zelda. it's tight.

:) i was so proud. :awesome:

This happened to me a couple days ago.

I had someone come into where I work and ask if I had any concerts coming up (a lot of people know I like going to concerts). I got excited and told them I was going to see Muse.

:stunned:

Who?

Muse.

I went on to mention a few things about them.

I took a chance at that moment and asked them if the ever saw Twilight. :rolleyes:

They did. I went on to explain about Supermassive Black Hole being used for the baseball scene.

Needless to say they simply loved the song. :D

On a side note, the person went on to say, "Oh, I didn't know you listened to rock".

I couldn't fault them on that - I was wearing my Winnie the Pooh tie that day and it didn't scream rock. :)

Last christmas I was watching HAARP and my dad was sleeping on the couch very loudly so I hit him hard with a remote.

Dad: "wtf?!"

Me: "Shut up while I'm watching Muse!"

Dad *continues sleeping*

and then about 10 minutes later when Muse starts to play New Born's outro, my dad suddenly starts speaking

Dad: "Oh god that drummer kid is awful! Is he mad or something?!"

Me: :mad: "..you mean Dominic?"

Dad: "yeah whatever. That guitarist guy is kinda cool and the bassist can handle his job. But that drummer sucks, where is he from? From Korkeasaari's monkeyhouse?" (note: Korkeasaari is a finnish zoo in Helsinki)

my little brother joins us later, when Matt starts singing Blackout

Brother: "He sounds like a screaming pig"

Dad: "Shut up! I don't care or understand what he's whining there, but I think he is awesome"

dad still hates Dom.. I can't understand why :LOL: and sorry my bad english

Ahaha. My dad was also complaining about Dom when we were watching Hullabaloo.

Dad: Wait, who's that? *Points at Dom*

Me: Dad, that's the drummer remember? Dom.

Dad: WHAT? That's not him. Stop lying (he's watched HAARP at least 3 times before this with me).

Me: It's the same guy dad. It's just that his hair is shorter and he's young in this.

Dad: It's not the hair! He looks so...angry. In HAARP he was smiling pretty much the whole time! He looked so much younger too. And what is with that ugly shirt he's wearing :vomit:?

Me: He was wearing BRIGHT GREEN skinny jeans in HAARP :eek:

Dad: At least those were kinda cool!

Me: It's still Dom dad.

Dad: No it's not. I bet they replaced him with some French guy in this.

Now whenever we watch Hullabaloo he's always trying to tell me that it's not Dom :LOL:.

Ahaha. My dad was also complaining about Dom when we were watching Hullabaloo.

Dad: Wait, who's that? *Points at Dom*

Me: Dad, that's the drummer remember? Dom.

Dad: WHAT? That's not him. Stop lying (he's watched HAARP at least 3 times before this with me).

Me: It's the same guy dad. It's just that his hair is shorter and he's young in this.

Dad: It's not the hair! He looks so...angry. In HAARP he was smiling pretty much the whole time! He looked so much younger too. And what is with that ugly shirt he's wearing :vomit:?

Me: He was wearing BRIGHT GREEN skinny jeans in HAARP :eek:

Dad: At least those were kinda cool!

Me: It's still Dom dad.

Dad: No it's not. I bet they replaced him with some French guy in this.

Now whenever we watch Hullabaloo he's always trying to tell me that it's not Dom :LOL:.

:LOL::LOL:

In my case, it's the opposite. My dad loves Dom the most.

btw, your sig is hilarious!

:LOL::LOL:

In my case, it's the opposite. My dad loves Dom the most.

btw, your sig is hilarious!

My dad thinks Chris is pretty cool, and he told me he'd love to have a pint with him if he could :LOL:

However he thinks that Matt's gay and Dom's alright. This are based off of the concert we saw them at by the way.

So I told my parents that I'm flying out to London for the Wembley gigs :$. They were surprisingly ok with it... until I showed them HAARP :unsure:. My aunt and uncle were over my house and they were all excited for me. My mom was like :ohmy: "... Oh that looks like fun *cue fans jumping and crushing each other*." My dad was all :confused:. And my brother hates me, because I'm going :LOL:. I showed them Knights, PiB, and Stockholm.

At least they're letting me go. :happy:

Archived