I had a discussion with a friend last year around this time. We were talking about Rock Werchter festival. She went there in 2008. The conversation went like this:

she: "I saw Muse!!"

me: "You did? when?"

she: "Rock Werchter"

me: "When? You only went last year"

she: "Yes, that's where I saw them"

me: "Muse wasn't there"

she: "yes they were!!!" :mad:

me: "no they were not"

she: "they were there!!! How would you know, I was there and you were at the other side of the world"

me: "True, but still, they weren't playing Rock Werchter in 2008"

she: just gets mad

me: "okay, when exactly did they play"

she: "They were the last band on Sunday on Main stage"

me: "THAT was dEUS!!!!"

she: "Oooh, I was wondering why the singer spoke Dutch that fluently"

How did that happen? A belgian who confuses our own dEUS with Muse

Now that had me chuckling!

Just one on my uni friends like Muse. The other uni friends think I have OCD when it comes to playing music and me talking about Muse is beginning to piss them off. I think the worse thing is my family though. I played resistance when they were staying with me and I sang along as I cleared up. Apparently Matt sounds like Val Doonican (spelling is shite here). A little bit of me just shiveled up and died inside.

I'm living in some seriously boring part of England. Thank goodness for .mu cause otherwise I would go insane.

My friend said Justin Bieber's 'Baby' was a better song than Citizen Erased. There are just no words to express the dismay.

Oh wow. That is the most epic fail I've ever seen.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Love the Darth Vader pic!

I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)

Love the Darth Vader pic!

I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)

Haha, that's great :LOL:

I was talking to a friend and her crush one day, and somehow we got on the subject of Muse. Anyways it went like this:

Guy: So, you're the one who loves Muse, right?

Me: Uh, yeah.

Friend: Muse is AMAZING! Especially Newborn! (I got her into Muse :) )

Guy: Ugh, I HATE Muse! Their songs are so shitty!

Me: Ok? Which ones did you listen to?

Guy: Supermassive Black Hole and Uprising.

Me: *facepalm*

My sister is officially forgiven for getting Muse songs mixed up. :awesome:

Her friend said "Muse sound like they're trying too hard to be mainstream."

and she responded with, "But Muse has too much genius to make mainstream pop." :yesey:

I was talking to a friend and her crush one day, and somehow we got on the subject of Muse. Anyways it went like this:

Your friend has horrible taste in crushes then.

you should have just said outloud "why do you like this guy? he has a shitty taste in music". maybe too rude if you dont pull it off with satire (fake satire, that is :D)

I know my brother made me crazy once ...

*is listening to SMBH before it was out on that godforbid excuse of a movie, brother walks into computer room*

Me: listen to this song. do you like it?

Him: ... *listens* ... is it muse?

Me: well, yeah, what else would I be listening to?

Him: oh, then it's ... ok.

I almost stood up and bitch slapped him across the face, but WAIT! It gets better! --

*few months after twilight has been out*

Him: oh hey, remember that song you showed me?

Me: no. which one?

Him: I don't know, it's on the twilight soundtrack. It's so catchy. I love it! *tries humming SMBH*

Me: you hated that song!

Him: yeaaaah but it's on twilight now!

:facepalm:

I think I've made an improvement on his taste in music. From someone who only listens to Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, and Taylor Swift, I've gotten him to love muse now. :D

you should have just said outloud "why do you like this guy? he has a shitty taste in music". maybe too rude if you dont pull it off with satire (fake satire, that is :D)

That is BRILLIANT :LOL:. Except his brother knows a guy who's worked with Muse on the production of their songs or something similar, and he might be able to score me some tickets. While I find that unlikely, he got some tickets for his brother (who likes Muse), and I don't want to hurt any chances on getting free muse stuff.

I know my brother made me crazy once ...

*is listening to SMBH before it was out on that godforbid excuse of a movie, brother walks into computer room*

Me: listen to this song. do you like it?

Him: ... *listens* ... is it muse?

Me: well, yeah, what else would I be listening to?

Him: oh, then it's ... ok.

I almost stood up and bitch slapped him across the face, but WAIT! It gets better! --

*few months after twilight has been out*

Him: oh hey, remember that song you showed me?

Me: no. which one?

Him: I don't know, it's on the twilight soundtrack. It's so catchy. I love it! *tries humming SMBH*

Me: you hated that song!

Him: yeaaaah but it's on twilight now!

:facepalm:

I think I've made an improvement on his taste in music. From someone who only listens to Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, and Taylor Swift, I've gotten him to love muse now. :D

you should be commended. you saved a soul from the forces of evil. and by evil, i mean justin and taylor. lol. michael is alright.. bc it's fuckin michael.

I've had a few of those moments with my Twihard (or whatever they're called) friend.

This is us driving in my mom's car, listening to Muse.

Her: "Ughhh what is this?"

Me: "Muse..."

Her: "Oh Muse, I like them, they're cool."

Me: " I thought you didn't listen to that kind of music"

Her: "What kind of music, what do you mean?"

Me: *AHEMGOOD/EPIC/GOODAHEM* ...Well you know...I though you're into like Beyonce and stuff"

Her: "YEAHBEYONCE! But no, I still like Muse"

Me: "Wanna go to the concert with me, cause no one else is up for it?"

Her: "Okay...well I'm not that much of a fan to be honest"

Me: "Ah I see...well what songs do you like"

Her: "Supermassive Black Hole, I belong to you, Undisclosed Desires"

Me: "Ah.Good. Songs. Never mind you don't have to come, if you don't want to. MOM WANNA GO WITH ME?"

Same friend. Two hours later at my house.

Her: "So who do you think is hot?"

Me: "Uhmm Dom Howard is pretty hot."

Her: "Ohhh let's see!" *googles his name* "Ewww really? He's like so old!!! You know who I think is hot? TAYLOR LAUTNER! just look at those abs!"

Me: "Did..you just?-- Ugh. Just. Leave. Now. The. Door. Is. That. Way.:facepalm:"

you should be commended. you saved a soul from the forces of evil. and by evil, i mean justin and taylor. lol. michael is alright.. bc it's fuckin michael.

THANKS! :D

It took awhile, bout 2 years, but he's proven himself. When I found out that muse would be coming back to Canada for the fall tour, I told him and he announced "If they come to Winnipeg I'd go see them again. It was a great concert in Calgary!"

:dance: mission accomplished.

well the Bieber has to stop. bad enough most of my friends would pick him over muse. :facepalm: and Taylor Swift ... *shudders*

That is BRILLIANT :LOL:. Except his brother knows a guy who's worked with Muse on the production of their songs or something similar, and he might be able to score me some tickets. While I find that unlikely, he got some tickets for his brother (who likes Muse), and I don't want to hurt any chances on getting free muse stuff.

yeah, i meant it just to mess with him. i think its awesome when girls are confident enough to do it around me.

yeah, i meant it just to mess with him. i think its awesome when girls are confident enough to do it around me.

I was pretty sure that's what you meant, but I hardly know the guy so it most likely would be taken the wrong way :p

Her: "Ohhh let's see!" *googles his name* "Ewww really? He's like so old!!! You know who I think is hot? TAYLOR LAUTNER! just look at those abs!"

Me: "Did..you just?-- Ugh. Just. Leave. Now. The. Door. Is. That. Way.:facepalm:"

wat

*is trying to comprehend how someone could not think Dom is hot*

:stunned::facepalm: What a shame. Who cares if Dom is old, he is still hot.

I've had a few of those moments with my Twihard (or whatever they're called) friend.

A similar thing happened to me... TWICE!

Friend: Woah he's hot *points to buff guy on street*

Me: Meh.. I like someone better

Friend: Like who?

Me: *shows pic of Dom*

Friend: Eww, he's ugly. And SO OLD!

Me: :eek:

Other Friend: Show me! *Sees it* No, I have to say, that is definately not hot.

Me: *crushed* Not even a little? *shows younger hotter pic*

Friend: .... sorta, but still... I like a guy with good arms

Me: He has great arms! Hes a drummer!

Other Friend: Theres something wrong with you Liz..

Me: :supersad:

Boy: So what tye of guy do you like?

Me: Well... *fumbles for iPod to show picture of Dom* this type: *shows*

Boy: Is that Edward from twlight?

Me:

17189130475rageface2png.jpg

Kudos to Gigapoodle for doing this first.I just copied... :ninja:

A similar thing happened to me... TWICE!

Friend: Woah he's hot *points to buff guy on street*

Me: Meh.. I like someone better

Friend: Like who?

Me: *shows pic of Dom*

Friend: Eww, he's ugly. And SO OLD!

Me: :eek:

Other Friend: Show me! *Sees it* No, I have to say, that is definately not hot.

Me: *crushed* Not even a little? *shows younger hotter pic*

Friend: .... sorta, but still... I like a guy with good arms

Me: He has great arms! Hes a drummer!

Other Friend: Theres something wrong with you Liz..

Me: :supersad:

Boy: So what tye of guy do you like?

Me: Well... *fumbles for iPod to show picture of Dom* this type: *shows*

Boy: Is that Edward from twlight?

Me:

17189130475rageface2png.jpg

Kudos to Gigapoodle for doing this first.I just copied... :ninja:

:wtf: Dom as Edward?! That's pure blasphemy! :mad:

Archived