i almost clothes-lined this lady for calling them that. then i remembered she was my mom.

:LOL: :LOL:

And ANOTHER one with my dad... my mom bought me this cute shirt and I went to try it on and walked downstairs to show my parents. My dad said that I looked like Muse, whatever the hell that means. :facepalm:

:LOL:

I'm definitely going to start using that for all my compliments from now on.

"Wow, you're looking very Muse today!"

"Sweet shoes, they really bring out the Muse in you."

got so irritated that i had to post it.

at school today, about to take a final and i'm listening to muse, trying to get in the zone. this douchebag comes up to me and asks me what I am listening to, since i'm headbanging slightly. told him. tells me i have terrible taste.

i was like "do you even know who they are?"

asshole : "yeah they're those radiohead - sounding dudes."

me: :facepalm::fear: *obscenities*

asshole: "they're still terrible."

me: "so who do you think is good?

asshole: "i dig that justin beiber kid. owl city. fall out boy...."

me: :facepalm: after he said justin beiber.

god, these people! :facepalm:

A friend of my mum asked me what Muse are like so I played a song of theirs to her from my phone and this was her verdict, this is not a joke:

"Oh right! They sound a bit like McFly"

what?! McFly? MC FUCKING FLY?!?!?! :eek::mad: How the hell does Muse sound like McFly?! :wtf: I played HYSTERIA to her as well! :facepalm::facepalm:

That confused me for the rest of the day after that :erm:

A friend of my mum asked me what Muse are like so I played a song of theirs to her from my phone and this was her verdict, this is not a joke:

"Oh right! They sound a bit like McFly"

what?! McFly? MC FUCKING FLY?!?!?! :eek::mad: How the hell does Muse sound like McFly?! :wtf: I played HYSTERIA to her as well! :facepalm::facepalm:

That confused me for the rest of the day after that :erm:

Whatt?? :LOL: that made me laugh :LOL: muse sound NOTHING like McFly :LOL:

got so irritated that i had to post it.

at school today, about to take a final and i'm listening to muse, trying to get in the zone. this douchebag comes up to me and asks me what I am listening to, since i'm headbanging slightly. told him. tells me i have terrible taste.

i was like "do you even know who they are?"

asshole : "yeah they're those radiohead - sounding dudes."

me: :facepalm::fear: *obscenities*

asshole: "they're still terrible."

me: "so who do you think is good?

asshole: "i dig that justin beiber kid. owl city. fall out boy...."

me: :facepalm: after he said justin beiber.

god, these people! :facepalm:

Look who's talking. :LOL:

Lately, people just look at my iPod and go "Who?" (it's almost never Muse anymore)

I have a friend who borrowed all my Muse CD's for his iPod, but then he told me Showbiz was crap (sharp intake of breath). So recently we were listening to BH&R while on the ps3, I just thought he liked Starlight, SMBH, Resistance etc. but then Soldiers Poem came on and he sang along, so I was like, brownie points for you my friend.

Just thought i would share that with you!

I have a friend who borrowed all my Muse CD's for his iPod, but then he told me Showbiz was crap (sharp intake of breath). So recently we were listening to BH&R while on the ps3, I just thought he liked Starlight, SMBH, Resistance etc. but then Soldiers Poem came on and he sang along, so I was like, brownie points for you my friend.

Just thought i would share that with you!

Hating Showbiz = :noey:

Knowing Soldier's Poem = :awesome:

I think your friend has redeemed himself immensely for that one.

Actually, I had a funny interaction the other day. I have a lot of gamer friends, and one of them popped over and picked up my HAARP cd:

Him: Muse? What band is this?

Me: (film references work the easiest for me) You know that Watchmen song you like?

Him: Oh, that sweet trailer song.

Me: Yea, they're good. Do you want to listen to some?

Him: No, no, I'm not into Euro-Disco.

Me: [Turns on PS3, inserts Rock Band 2, hands him guitar, lines up Hysteria]

Him: [Furiously playing on Hard setting]

Me: Remember this?

Him: Awesome. I love this song. This is Muse?

Me: Yep. [switches to Guitar Hero 5, brings up the Matthew Bellamy character, has him do the guitar while I do the bass, and lines up Plug In Baby]

Him: OMG, I love this song.

Me: Yep, they're good. Now, do you want to listen to some?

Him: Give me all your cds.

:LOL: Converting one non-muser at a time.

A winner is YOU.

I remember watching the video for Invincible with a mate of mine:

Mate: Huh, is this Muse's new song?

Me: Yah, it's Invincible

Mate: The singer's ugly

Me: :eek:

However, whenever my Mum wants to get past me in the kitchen she says 'Musein' Mama, coming through!'

:happy:

Actually, I had a funny interaction the other day. I have a lot of gamer friends, and one of them popped over and picked up my HAARP cd:

Him: Muse? What band is this?

Me: (film references work the easiest for me) You know that Watchmen song you like?

Him: Oh, that sweet trailer song.

Me: Yea, they're good. Do you want to listen to some?

Him: No, no, I'm not into Euro-Disco.

Me: [Turns on PS3, inserts Rock Band 2, hands him guitar, lines up Hysteria]

Him: [Furiously playing on Hard setting]

Me: Remember this?

Him: Awesome. I love this song. This is Muse?

Me: Yep. [switches to Guitar Hero 5, brings up the Matthew Bellamy character, has him do the guitar while I do the bass, and lines up Plug In Baby]

Him: OMG, I love this song.

Me: Yep, they're good. Now, do you want to listen to some?

Him: Give me all your cds.

:LOL: Converting one non-muser at a time.

WIN is in your genetics, my friend. *celebrates* :dance: :dance:

And I know that because I used to be a huge McFly fan :LOL::facepalm: Happy I grew out of it :LOL:

I dare not say this, but I'm still a McFly fan. I think it's fun music, and it's way better than the pop we've got stuck with here in America. McFly>The Jonas Brothers. :facepalm:

Anyway, those non-Musers...:rolleyes:

My friend and I were in a guitar store, just looking around, and I walk up to one of the workers and ask if there's any Mansons (I wanted to drool over one. :$)

Worker: What, like a Muse guitar?

Me: Yea, a Muse guitar.

Worker: No, we don't have any. I wish we did. Did you listen to their new album yet?

Me: I just got it today. I'm excited.

Worker: Yea, its epic.

Me: Really? Good, 'cause I love Muse. I'm almost obsessed.

Worker: Really? Awesome. (Looks down at my shoes, which I wrote Muse on). I guess you are obsessed, since you have them on your shoes. :LOL:

Me: :$...:D

And I found this on Muse's Biography on YouTube:

Muse's fusion of progressive rock, glam, electronica, and Radiohead-influenced experimentation is crafted by guitarist/vocalist Matthew Bellamy, bassist Chris Wolstenholme, and drummer Dominic Howard.

:wtf::LOL:

I dare not say this, but I'm still a McFly fan. I think it's fun music, and it's way better than the pop we've got stuck with here in America. McFly>The Jonas Brothers. :facepalm:

Anyway, those non-Musers...:rolleyes:

I still like some of their music, and I have all their cd's and dvd's at home but I don't really listen anymore :$

True McFly>>>>Jonas brothers :yesey: I hate them :stunned:

Yeah...they can be soo annyoing :rolleyes:

Well actually in my family no-one's really a Muser apart from me and my mother :$ . My sister only loves Michael Jackson (she's completely crazy about him) and my father listens to classical music (he's a composer of contemporary classical music). My mother likes Michael Jackson and the music that I listen to (Muse, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode...). :p A year ago she noticed two concerts on a commercial TV station here in Holland. She saw "A Seaside Rendezvous" from Muse and "U2-BBC". She went like "Oh, that looks cool, shall I record them" (they were broadcasted in New Year's Night). I was like ":D". In the weekend my mother and me watched "A Seaside Rendezvous", I was enjoying the concert and my mother was sitting there with a big smile on her face :p. When the concert was finished she said "Wow, that was an awesome concert. I was enjoying it very much!" :D. So my mother is completely enthusiasic about Muse now. But... on a holiday I was playing Sounds Of The Universe by Depeche Mode. The first song (In Chains) was just playing as my father said "So that's Muse?". I thought ":facepalm:, come on. Muse and Depeche Mode are two completely different bands!" I was also annoyed because I allready played a few albums by Depeche Mode to him, so he should know the diffence between DM and Muse. :(

One of my friends claims to hate Muse even though she's never listened to them. It drives me mad! The other day I was walking along the road with her and I just spontaneously shoved my earphone in her ear during Plug In Baby. She actually said: "Hmm... It's okay... but not as good as Justin Bieber! Nobody can top him!"

:eek:

We don't talk to each other any more.

One of my friends claims to hate Muse even though she's never listened to them. It drives me mad! The other day I was walking along the road with her and I just spontaneously shoved my earphone in her ear during Plug In Baby. She actually said: "Hmm... It's okay... but not as good as Justin Bieber! Nobody can top him!"

:vomit:

Anyone I talk to now has already formed their opinion on Muse. They either love them, or hate them. I've never met anyone who thinks they're just 'okay'.

I have a friend just like this! Our convo in Art (word for word):

Friend: Muse are crap. Booo! Get off the stage.

Me: *Glares at him (he calls it 'the look of death') resisting the erge not to hit him*

Friend: Metallica is much better.

Me: Acctually listen to Muse, before forming a complete and utter bullshit opinion.

Friend: I have.

Me: Which song was that then?

Friend: Erm.. I don't know, they're so crap I can't name a song.

Urghh! He drives me insane.

Me: *Glares at him (he calls it 'the look of death') resisting the erge not to hit him*

Me: Acctually listen to Muse, before forming a complete and utter bullshit opinion.

If he's a fan of Metallica after The Black Album then I will wonder what the hell's wrong with him :shifty:

(Though Death Magnetic's alright, I guess)

Ooh! That would make me so mad. Glad my friends don't pull that. They just don't want to take the time to form an opinion on them, which kinda bugs me, but at least they aren't saying stuff like this.^^

a friend from san francisco came for a weekend visit..

she brought some cd's wth her...

kid A was one of them...

so.. on the way home, from the airport, i put OOS

she takes the cd box and looking at the pictures says

"this is a cheap copy of kid A"

:facepalm:

i wanted to take her back to the airport :noey:

Archived