I was looking up Muse on the internet and I stumbled across a column stating what the writer's top 10 muse songs were. The list was decent but when I stumbled upon this I was shocked at the man writing the column.

picture8yo.png

Chris playing piano?:LOL:

Other than this, have you come across clueless non-musers?

Didn't you know? Chris can play anything. :rolleyes: He can make sweet bass lines fall out of his Pedro 'stache if he feels like it.

As far as other clueless people, there was that Coachella reviewer who mentioned how skilled Mike Bellamy is. (Link: here) :facepalm:

Same guy, same review:

For this show, they brought in a fourth person to play keyboards which I’m assuming is a departure from normal practice.

Poor Morgan! :noey::LOL:

I was buying OoS for a friend, so I go to check out (wearing my resistance T) and the lady goes "The Muse oo i like them, have you heard there new cd "uprising"? I did a facepalm and calmly explained to her the truth, including that she needed to listen to the amazing cd she was scanning

Friend: "Oh my gosh, what are you listening to? The Twilight band? Oh, that new band? Nuse, or whatever?"

Me: -Rofling- "Here, listen to this," -Plays CE-

Friend: "What is this? I thought they just wrote for Twilight?"

Me: :facepalm:

:eek:

No more words

I live in the US and it is difficult sometimes when people say " Oh I heard them, they're on the Twilight soundtrack" but they are clueless about anything else they have done.But I tell myself it's a place to start. I only heard them the first time two years ago and was immediately hooked. I right away bought all their albums. I like SMBH, but it can missleading about all that Muse does in music

I was buying OoS for a friend, so I go to check out (wearing my resistance T) and the lady goes "The Muse oo i like them, have you heard there new cd "uprising"? I did a facepalm and calmly explained to her the truth, including that she needed to listen to the amazing cd she was scanning

I don't know why, but when people say "The Muse" it really pisses me off. :indiff:

Friend: "Oh my gosh, what are you listening to? The Twilight band? Oh, that new band? Nuse, or whatever?"

'Nuse' :LOL::LOL:

:vomit:

If this ever happened to me, there would be a lot more dead bodies.

I live in the US and it is difficult sometimes when people say " Oh I heard them, they're on the Twilight soundtrack" but they are clueless about anything else they have done.But I tell myself it's a place to start. I only heard them the first time two years ago and was immediately hooked. I right away bought all their albums. I like SMBH, but it can missleading about all that Muse does in music

Agreed.. a handful of my friends like a few Muse songs like that, but the majority of them call me 'That Muse Kid', and I get a bit of shit from my friends when they call it the Twilight band.. SMBH is a good song if you cut the Twilight connections. >_>

My friends(one in perticular) are sooo annoying bout my love, uprising once came on tv and for her to let me watch it we had a massive fight over the control, which led to us hitting each other, I ended up biting her, and by semi-accident I pierced her skin with my teeth. Well... at least I caught the end of uprising :LOL:

Yeah. All I can say is, I got detention that day. :shifty:

:LOL: That is pretty bad though.

This one's not actually that bad, but my friend told me they're opening for U2 this summer.

me: uh... that was last summer, Muse have been doing their own thing after. :stunned:

friend: WHAT??? NO I wanted to see both of them!

I'll re-post my recent entry in the "random musings in your life" thread.

Today I was driving with a coworker and I put in Absolution, and here is how the conversation went during Apocalypse Please.

Coworker: This music's pretty good.

Me: It's Muse...Ever heard of them?

Coworker: Nope

Me: Yeah I just saw them live, pretty amazing.

Coworker: They sound like Creed, except not as heavy.

Me: *died a little on the inside*

:facepalm:

I don't know why, but when people say "The Muse" it really pisses me off. :indiff:

That still ticks me off, it used to happen to Madness as well.

They got introduced as THE Madness on TV.

When you've been listening to Muse as long as some of the other boardies you start to develop a thick skin and just laugh AT them!

Leave them to their ignorance, it gives us something else to laugh at. :LOL:

I've lost count of all the numpties that have got things wrong about this band, I'm sure it will continue until the end of time and we will be there to point and laugh at their stupidity.

:)

This happened about 3 weeks ago or so. I was wearing my Resistance T, and one of my friends walks up to me and notices the name 'Muse' in the top corner of my shirt. The following is what...followed;

Her: "Is that Muse?"

Me: "Ya, you heard of them?"

Her: "Totally! I love them!"

Me: "Name a couple songs." (I was testing her.)

Her: "Erm...they have one called Spotlight."

Me: "No they don't."

Her: "Ya they do."

Me: "No."

Her. "Yes."

Me: *raises iPod and scrolls down my Muse songs* I don't see a single 'Spotlight' on here.

Her: *sees the song* Oh, it's called Supermassive Black Hole. I love that song! It was in Twilight, you know.

Me: [spoiler=WHAT I DID NEXT]17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg

This happened about 3 weeks ago or so. I was wearing my Resistance T, and one of my friends walks up to me and notices the name 'Muse' in the top corner of my shirt. The following is what...followed;

Her. "Yes."

Me: *raises iPod and scrolls down my Muse songs* I don't see a single 'Spotlight' on here.

Her: *sees the song* Oh, it's called Supermassive Black Hole. I love that song! It was in Twilight, you know.

But Spotlight is my favorite song!

:LOL::facepalm:

oh this makes me want to kill myself:

Me: *singing Uprising*

Idiot: Oh, I've heard that song. I hate it though, I hate screamo music. I mean, what are you doing with you voice? Geez, calm down.

Me: I believe you are mistaken. Muse are NOT screamo. I guess you don't know the difference between singing with emotion and screaming.

I like screamo music. Muse are most definitly not. I seriously wanted to kill her and myself right then.

Also, i drew the little logo on my converse/i have a muse shirt and people always get the names mixed up. Like, they say, "Whats "moose"?" or "'Mule'? Whats that?" it makes me facepalm.

Her. "Yes."

:noey: Poor demented fools. :LOL:

I hate it when my friends only hate Muse because I like them.

This.

My sister will purposefully say "The Muse" just to piss herself laughing at me when I get all pissed at her.

I've been trying to convert my boyfriend (its not working :facepalm:) Anyways a while back when I was being all "Well you know... they are (more or less) the biggest band in the world right now" He replied with a "How? I've barely heard them being played here." Drives me nuts when people assume a band isn't any good until they've made it in the States/Canada.

Also a co-worker/friend of mine went to the Muse show in Edmonton and was texting me afterwards asking which songs I liked the most... I replied with "Bliss, RBS, Knights... etc etc. Yours?" She replied with "Starlight, and Supermassive and that Undisclosed one" I almost died a bit inside.

Archived