In Maths today, I could totally hear one of the school bands practising for our school concert- but they were doing NEW FUCKING BORN. I had a minor seizure.

Friend: "What's up with you?" *Looks slightly disturbed*

Me: "That song...I love that song...fuck.."

Friend: "Okay..? What song? Oh, I can hear it. Sounds pretty cool, actually!"

Me: "That is my third-favourite song ever."

Friend: "Really? What is it?"

Me: "Muse..."

Friend: "Oh, of course. What song?"

Me: "Laura, you won't know it. Trust me,"

Friend: "Just tell me anyway,"

Me: "...It's called New Born."

Friend: "Oh yeah! It DOES sound like it."

Me: *Staring blankly at her* "Laura...You-"

Friend: "I haven't got a clue."

Me: "Gee, thanks for getting me all excited for nothing. When's the school concert again?"

Friend: "Tomorrow,"

Me: "HOLY SHIT,"

In Maths today, I could totally hear one of the school bands practising for our school concert- but they were doing NEW FUCKING BORN. I had a minor seizure.

Me: "Gee, thanks for getting me all excited for nothing. When's the school concert again?"

Bahaha. If my high school had done "new born".. and done it right... I would have shitted a brick. And been the band's biggest supporter. That's amazing.

(as posted on random muse-ings in your life)

Seeing GH5 in a toy store...

Me: Do you know about the guy in red suit? (Refers to Matt in GH5)

Cousin: Yes.

Me: What do you think of him?

Cousin: He looks like Pete Wentz.

Me: :facepalm:

Does he? :supersad:

:facepalm: he def does NOT. But I could see why they said that...

My friends know not to talk too much about Muse to me because if they say something wrong' date=' i will scream at them. A lot.[/quote']

Oh I know all about that. my friend once said somthing about muse and my obession being sad, and I just litterally screamed in her face, so loudly, so out of nowhere, I scared myself... and I few people around me.

Not to join the wrong wide of the fight, but capitalization in a logo doesn't merit capitalization all the time. If that were the case, you'd need to put the lines above and below on all references too. I go with "Muse" because that's what is used in the band's press releases as well as in pretty much all media references ... if the band wanted otherwise, they'd ask media outlets to use all caps and you'd see some (not all) comply. Personally as a journalist I don't care for the look of all-capped words, unless it's an acronym, because it just looks like you're shouting the word. Example: LEGO. It's trademarked in all caps, but it looks ridiculous in print.

In things that are more artistic or creative, the all-cap font works well. If I'm writing the band's name in a concert review, I'm going with the standard proper noun, unless it's insisted otherwise by the band.

End randomly long, unsolicited opinion on proper nouns.:stunned:

I understand what you mean, but ive seen it written MUSE other places besides the logo...on my phone it shows the website name (for example now it says Muse Messageboard- Reply) and when i go on muse.mu it says MUSE...i think both are right and i dont normaly write it in all caps i was just messing with him...

WOAH! That is so cool! I'm playing KoC in front of my school, soon. I'm gunna blow their freaking minds!

(as posted on random muse-ings in your life)

Seeing GH5 in a toy store...

Me: Do you know about the guy in red suit? (Refers to Matt in GH5)

Cousin: Yes.

Me: What do you think of him?

Cousin: He looks like Pete Wentz.

Me: :facepalm:

Does he? :supersad:

NO.:eek:

Love the Darth Vader pic!

I have another one...my best friend (who is now a dedicated Muser herself) didn't know who they were when I took her with me to a radio station event (that's where my avatar picture came from). She thought Matt was a roadie for most of the event, and that Morgan was Matt. We were at the same prep table, and later when Matt moved on to another table (he was really nice about trying to talk to everyone) she asked "where did the little skinny guy go? He was nice." She figured it out when I had her take the picture a few minutes later :)

Did she freak out? :LOL:

A similar thing happened to me... TWICE!

Friend: Woah he's hot *points to buff guy on street*

Me: Meh.. I like someone better

Friend: Like who?

Me: *shows pic of Dom*

Friend: Eww, he's ugly. And SO OLD!

Me: :eek:

Other Friend: Show me! *Sees it* No, I have to say, that is definately not hot.

Me: *crushed* Not even a little? *shows younger hotter pic*

Friend: .... sorta, but still... I like a guy with good arms

Me: He has great arms! Hes a drummer!

Other Friend: Theres something wrong with you Liz..

Me: :supersad:

Boy: So what tye of guy do you like?

Me: Well... *fumbles for iPod to show picture of Dom* this type: *shows*

Boy: Is that Edward from twlight?

Me:

17189130475rageface2png.jpg

Kudos to Gigapoodle for doing this first.I just copied... :ninja:

:supersad:

WHY?!?!?!?

I understand what you mean, but ive seen it written MUSE other places besides the logo...on my phone it shows the website name (for example now it says Muse Messageboard- Reply) and when i go on muse.mu it says MUSE...i think both are right and i dont normaly write it in all caps i was just messing with him...

Yeah, it is all caps on the Firefox header or tab header for the website. But I still consider those things more decorative, whereas in text is makes more sense up-and-down. I don't really mind it either way ... I just wouldn't say someone is wrong for writing "Muse." However, if you're bustin' non-Muser chops ... than I'm OK with it.:LOL:

Another funny: My dad has been borrowing my Jeep the past couple of days while he waits for me to do an oil change on his, and he's been listening to the CDs I have in there. Apparently he had my little sister in the, who is a professional know-it-all. One of my Keane CDs came on, their last album, Perfect Symmetry, and my dad said he asked my little sister what it was. She told him it was Muse's first album.:eek: He tried to argue it wasn't Muse, but she insisted, as if he were an idiot (she loves to do that). He reported this to me today, and I was like "uh, NO" and he was like "I knew it." My sister cracks me up. On the bright side, I give my dad kudos for knowing enough to know she was wrong.:happy:

Did she freak out? :LOL:

Yes! We went out for drinks with another friend of ours afterward, and she was yelling at me (not really mad, just joking) "why didn't you tell me!" But I had to point out that when we first squeezed in to share the prep table we had shaken hands with Matt, who politely introduced himself "Hi, I'm Matt and this is Morgan." And I don't think anyone noticed but me. She never called them by the wrong names at least :) Later, she said that she thought Morgan was cuter because Matt was too scrawny for her taste. In April at the Portland show, she was crushing on Chris because of his muscled arms. But she knew who everyone was!

Yes! We went out for drinks with another friend of ours afterward, and she was yelling at me (not really mad, just joking) "why didn't you tell me!" But I had to point out that when we first squeezed in to share the prep table we had shaken hands with Matt, who politely introduced himself "Hi, I'm Matt and this is Morgan." And I don't think anyone noticed but me. She never called them by the wrong names at least :) Later, she said that she thought Morgan was cuter because Matt was too scrawny for her taste. In April at the Portland show, she was crushing on Chris because of his muscled arms. But she knew who everyone was!

Chris love :dance:

Is she a total converted Muse fan, then?

A similar thing happened to me... TWICE!

Friend: Woah he's hot *points to buff guy on street*

Me: Meh.. I like someone better

Friend: Like who?

Me: *shows pic of Dom*

Friend: Eww, he's ugly. And SO OLD!

Me: :eek:

Other Friend: Show me! *Sees it* No, I have to say, that is definately not hot.

Me: *crushed* Not even a little? *shows younger hotter pic*

Friend: .... sorta, but still... I like a guy with good arms

Me: He has great arms! Hes a drummer!

Other Friend: Theres something wrong with you Liz..

Me: :supersad:

Boy: So what tye of guy do you like?

Me: Well... *fumbles for iPod to show picture of Dom* this type: *shows*

Boy: Is that Edward from twlight?

Me:

17189130475rageface2png.jpg

Kudos to Gigapoodle for doing this first.I just copied... :ninja:

LOL :LOL: trying to picture Dom as tortured moody vampire boy.. He is SO the opposite...

Ok, so you know how Myspace posted the Seattle gig? That's the one I went to, and I was so excited about it. I told my friend about it (the only one's who ever even heard of Muse, and she kinda likes them). She was all 'meh' at first, but then after school I took her to my house to show her it. You wanna know her responses?

'That lead singer dude has some weird taste in fashion.'

'Is that a headless bass? Lame. Poser.'

'What is he doing...what the hell?' (Refering to Matt)

She did have a couple of good comments, such as 'woah! Look at the towers!' and a couple 'I like this songs', and overall she thought it was pretty cool, but I've still got a long road ahead with her. I shall convert her, don't you worry! :D

Not something really about a clueless non-muser, but just somebody incredibly sneaky.

Was working at a community festival this Sunday gone, and one of the bands finished playing a metal version of one of Lady Gaga's songs (:facepalm: ). After that he was talking about this new song they had written together, and he hopes everybody enjoys the riff 'as it was last minute improv they decided to settle with'.

The cheek of it... The riff was 'The Groove'. Thought he could get away with it he did.

Ok, so you know how Myspace posted the Seattle gig? That's the one I went to, and I was so excited about it. I told my friend about it (the only one's who ever even heard of Muse, and she kinda likes them). She was all 'meh' at first, but then after school I took her to my house to show her it. You wanna know her responses?

'That lead singer dude has some weird taste in fashion.'

'Is that a headless bass? Lame. Poser.'

'What is he doing...what the hell?' (Refering to Matt)

She did have a couple of good comments, such as 'woah! Look at the towers!' and a couple 'I like this songs', and overall she thought it was pretty cool, but I've still got a long road ahead with her. I shall convert her, don't you worry! :D

Sounds shallow to comment on appearance and not the music, but what can you do?

Archived