So, my mom has recently discovered that a Youtube video she watched a year ago has a Muse song in it that she really likes (Unintended).

So, after she showed me the video, I was like :D until she said,

"So who's the singer?"

Me: "Matt Bellamy."

Mom: "Oh...So it's not a woman?"

Me: :facepalm:

Friend: "Hey, I know a couple of songs by that one band you're obsessed with,"

Me: "Muse? Really?"

Friend: "Yeah, and not just the really mainstream ones,"

Me: "Which ones?"

Friend: "Not sure what it's called..Hang, on let me sing it. ...I want to reco-"

Me: "Yeah, okay, shut up now." :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Friend: "What about the one about 1984?"

Me: "It's not about 1984."

Friend: "You don't even know what song I'm talking about,"

Me: "Yeah? Try me."

Friend: "They will not-"

Me: "Uprising. ENOUGH!"

Friend: "I'm sorry...Well, is that one song on the second album very well known? I like that song...What was it called?"

Me: "Plug in Baby."

Friend: "No, I don't think it was that. The second album is the one that has the guy standing on the moon with all these shadows, for the cover art, right?"

Me: :LOL: "No, you're thinking of Absolution. That's the third album. The second album is the one with the orange cover art,"

Friend: "Oh, the one with New Born on it?"

Me: :eek::eek::eek: "...Yeah!"

Friend: "Oh yeah! I like that album. THAT'S the one with Plug in Baby on it, right?"

Me: "Yep!"

Friend: "That song has got the coolest riff ever. It's SO hard to play on Guitar Hero!"

Me: "Never attempted it. I haven't got Guitar Hero. Anyway, what was the song you were thinking of?"

Friend: "I think it's...Something about time..."

Me: "TIME IS RUNNING OUT!"

Friend: "That's the one!" *starts singing it*

Me: *singing along*

Friend: "Hey! Didn't Muse have a song in the Watchmen trailer?"

Me: "Take a Bow!"

Friend: "Epic song."

Me: "I'm glad you've gotten to your senses, finally!"

Friend: "Muse is epic!! Can I borrow your CDs?"

I'll never forget that conversation. I converted my best friend into a Muser :D

Friend: "Not sure what it's called..Hang, on let me sing it. ...I want to reco-"

Friend: "I'm sorry...Well, is that one song on the second album very well known? I like that song...What was it called?"

Friend: "No, I don't think it was that. The second album is the one that has the guy standing on the moon with all these shadows, for the cover art, right?"

Me: :LOL: "No, you're thinking of Absolution. That's the third album. The second album is the one with the orange cover art,"

Friend: "Oh yeah! I like that album. THAT'S the one with Plug in Baby on it, right?"

Friend: "That song has got the coolest riff ever. It's SO hard to play on Guitar Hero!"

Me: "Never attempted it. I haven't got Guitar Hero. Anyway, what was the song you were thinking of?"

WOOO! :dance::dance::dance:

You win :dance:

I have one kinda-Muser friend. She knows a couple of their songs (And I'm not talking about the obvious ones either - TOADA, Apocalypse Please, etc), but she's not that hardcore about them. I tried to talk to her about my excitement over NSC, and she just blew it off. It kinda went like this:

Me: "You know how much I love that band Muse, right?"

Her: "Yep."

Me: "Well, they're coming out with a new song called 'Neutron Star Collision', and they just came out with a 30 second preview for it and at first I didn't care for it...*ramble ramble ramble*"

Her: *nodding even though she doesn't know what I'm talking about*

Me: "...and if you look up the song name, you should get a 30-second preview. You should listen to it."

Her: "What?"

Me: "You didn't understand a single thing I said, did you?"

Her: "Ya."

Me: :supersad:

You win :dance:

I have one kinda-Muser friend. She knows a couple of their songs (And I'm not talking about the obvious ones either - TOADA, Apocalypse Please, etc), but she's not that hardcore about them. I tried to talk to her about my excitement over NSC, and she just blew it off. It kinda went like this:

Me: "You know how much I love that band Muse, right?"

Her: "Yep."

Me: "Well, they're coming out with a new song called 'Neutron Star Collision', and they just came out with a 30 second preview for it and at first I didn't care for it...*ramble ramble ramble*"

Her: *nodding even though she doesn't know what I'm talking about*

Me: "...and if you look up the song name, you should get a 30-second preview. You should listen to it."

Her: "What?"

Me: "You didn't understand a single thing I said, did you?"

Her: "Ya."

Me: :supersad:

Sounds like me yesterday, on the phone to my best friend :p

But the thing is, she was actually distracted by Micro Cuts in the OoS lyric booklet, so she wasn't listening :shifty:

Someone had commented on a review for BH&R:

Album Rating: 2.5

I always thought Muse was just another indie pop band, nothing special, but people talk about them like they are radiohead or pearl jam. May want to check this out. :facepalm:

And this:

But most tracks are so gloomy, you'll swear you're at a funeral march on a rainy day in winter, just after you've lost your job. "Citizen Erased", with its opening line of "I've exposed your lies, baby", makes you feel as if all your friends are out to get you; "Feeling Good" frankly makes me feel pretty bad; and I can't even listen to "Space Dementia" in my house without the doors locked and shutters pulled tight. And overall, after a short while, their gimmick becomes trite, and you'll want to go running out for the latest issue of Now That's What I Call Music!. :wtf::facepalm:

Some people...

i've said before that the 2 year old Boy that i babysit likes lady gaga... :(

well..

this morning

i tried to put Muse..

and he just started screaming and crying

as if someone had hit him..

wel..

he wanted LADY GAGA :facepalm:

and he cried and cried until i put it :mad:

i've said before that the 2 year old Boy that i babysit likes lady gaga... :(

well..

this morning

i tried to put Muse..

and he just started screaming and crying

as if someone had hit him..

wel..

he wanted LADY GAGA :facepalm:

and he cried and cried until i put it :mad:

I'm so sorry D:

This is a funny convo I had with this Twilight/JB/Ke$ha/GaGa fan

Girl: I like Ke$ha, she's so good!

Me: She sings about crap things like sex, parties, and penises. Thats all.

Girl(Knows I'm obsessed with Muse): Well, what do Muse sing about?

Me(this is right before NSC came out): Well...love. And hate. And toilets. OH! recently, they've been into government conspiracy theories and stuff :awesome:

Another girl sitting next to me: Ew, like, aliens and stuff?

Me: :D YEAH!! ZETAAS!!!! *goes off into own little world*

The first girl gave me a really weird look but its okay! I had fun :awesome:

I'm so sorry D:

Me(this is right before NSC came out): Well...love. And hate. And toilets. OH! recently, they've been into government conspiracy theories and stuff :awesome:

That sounds amazing! I love it when I go into my little world of Muse and no one gets me. Also, the most satisfying thing is converting someone to a Muser!

I'm so sorry D:

i know :facepalm: some ppl... the "regular ones" doesn't get it...

they think we are in some kind of stage... age... mood.. lol

it's called MUSE.

Hehe, I had to add stuff :D

Today for instance, on MTV2 they played Plug in Baby and insisted it was from Showbiz.

But that's not the bad one.

I hope none of you guys are nerdfighters, or else this story might have been already told, but basically one of the low points of my life was watching Hank Green (he's half of the Vlogbrothers on YouTube) do a live broadcast. He was asking people to suggest songs for him to cover on his guitar. A lot of people in the chat were shouting MUSE! right?

Well Hank ignores this for forEVer, then finally says:

Guys, I don't know who these "Muse" guys are. They must be new. I don't listen to new music really. It's crap. I've never heard of them.

THEN, someone in the chat is stupid enough to go "IT'S THE TWILIGHT BAND!"

Then, Hank laughs really hard, going, "Sorry guys, but I can't be interested in a band that got famous by being the TWILIGHT BAND!"

:facepalm:

Friend: Hey listen to this, it sounds like Muse.

Me: Oh really? *expecting Queen or Radiohead or RATM or whatever, the usuals*

Friend: Yeah, it's Breaking Benjamin.

Me: :facepalm:

When I first met her she had SFA on her iPod, which is.. quite unusual. I thought she was a Muser. I changed my mind long ago. :noey:

My best friend and Muse just don't go together. Every time I try to show her something Muse related we end up bitching at each other. Although she accepts my love for them. (This is the same friend that I posted a story about before)

When NSC 30 second preview came out, she said it sounded very cheesy...to quote her exactly "This is as cheesy as Taylor Swift". I was like FUCK YOU DON'T COMPARE MUSE TO FUCKING TAYLOR SWIFT BELLS IS GENIUS UGHHH

Today I showed her the entire thing, she went on blabbing about how bad Eclipse is gonna be. So when I thought she was done I asked her what she thought of the music video itself and Muse... Her response " Oh yeah uhm good video..BUT ECLIPSE IS GONNA BE SO BAD I'M SO MAD BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Oh yeah and last night I bought the Rolling Stones mag. and it had a picture of Matt in it, so I showed it to my dad and he said ".......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHPGHGHPINKPANTS?!?!?!!?HAHAHAHAHAHAHIS THIS WHAT YOU GOTTA WEAR TO BE COOL THESE DAY???HAHAHAHAH PINK....MAYBE I'LL GO GET A PAIR...NO WAIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH"

:mad:

So, the one friend, THE one friend I have who kinda likes Muse, had this conversation with me today:

'Kids by MGMT starts playing'

Me: This is a cool song.

Her: MGMT's awesome.

Me: Not as awesome as Muuuuuse :awesome:

Her: You know, I listened to more of them...

Me: :eek: And?!?!?

Her: They're not that good.

Me: Explain youself, fool.

Her: Everything sounds the same! The choruses sound so similar!

Me: That's because they're choruses, you dumbass.

Her: I know, but...bleeeeeh. It's sounds unvaried.

Me: Give me an example.

Her: I don't remember the names...

Me: D:<

Her: Don't look at me like that.

Me: But they're my favorite band in the history of eveeeeer :supersad:

Her: Meh.

Me: I'm giving you all of my Muse CDs tomarrow. Listen to them. ALL OF THEM.

Her: Ok, fine. They'll still be average though.

I have no good Muse friends anymore :noey:

A friend of mine who likes rap kept mistaking Enter Shikari and The Killers for Muse at a go-kart thing we were at on Saturday.

They know I like Muse. Even if they only like the odd song (Undisclosed Desires seems to be the most liked but not beyond)

Not as spectacular as some of the other convos here, mind. I've never truly been made insane by a Non-Muser though... lots of people saying they're not fans but I don't argue. Yet.

Hehe, I had to add stuff :D

Today for instance, on MTV2 they played Plug in Baby and insisted it was from Showbiz.

But that's not the bad one.

I hope none of you guys are nerdfighters, or else this story might have been already told, but basically one of the low points of my life was watching Hank Green (he's half of the Vlogbrothers on YouTube) do a live broadcast. He was asking people to suggest songs for him to cover on his guitar. A lot of people in the chat were shouting MUSE! right?

Well Hank ignores this for forEVer, then finally says:

Guys, I don't know who these "Muse" guys are. They must be new. I don't listen to new music really. It's crap. I've never heard of them.

THEN, someone in the chat is stupid enough to go "IT'S THE TWILIGHT BAND!"

Then, Hank laughs really hard, going, "Sorry guys, but I can't be interested in a band that got famous by being the TWILIGHT BAND!"

NO HANK! IT IS NOT TRUE! He must know the twuth!

A few months ago...I was forced to remove my status on Facebook.

Me: (posts a part of stockholm syndrome lyrics as my facebook status) ; (Look to the stars, and let hope burn in your eyes)

Dad: (who saw my facebook status) ARE YOU SAD OR HOPELESS OR SOMETHING?!?!?!

Me: Huh?! :wtf:

Dad: Remove it, right now!

Me: But dad, it's just a song lyric. :supersad:

Dad: I don't care what it is, just remove it.

Me: (removes facebook status) :mad:

And after that I was lectured by my mom. :facepalm:

This doesn't drive me crazy so much as it just makes me laugh.

I've had a few people, when I tell them I'm a Muse fan, ask "isn't their music really, really heavy" or, like today "I take it it's heavy metal music?" Where are they getting this from?!! haha It cracks me up because it's come up quite a few times. They make it sound like they're death metal or something! :LOL:

This doesn't drive me crazy so much as it just makes me laugh.

I've had a few people, when I tell them I'm a Muse fan, ask "isn't their music really, really heavy" or, like today "I take it it's heavy metal music?" Where are they getting this from?!! haha It cracks me up because it's come up quite a few times. They make it sound like they're death metal or something! :LOL:

I know exactly what you mean! I had a friend who thought they were screamo, so I made her listen to Micro Cuts. :LOL:

A friend of mine who I'm trying to convert to liking Muse said this:

"Some guy singing long and slow does not interest me"

:stunned:

But that was after he listened to NSC (I DID tell him there were other, better songs :p). I linked him to Uprising but nothing's been said on his end about that. Hmmm..... song suggestions to link him to? :p Something "faster"? :LOL:

A friend of mine who I'm trying to convert to liking Muse said this:

"Some guy singing long and slow does not interest me"

:stunned:

But that was after he listened to NSC (I DID tell him there were other, better songs :p). I linked him to Uprising but nothing's been said on his end about that. Hmmm..... song suggestions to link him to? :p Something "faster"? :LOL:

:eek:thats hard.... matt really likes to stretch it out forever...

how about..... fury? YFMF? :LOL: My brother likes Thoughts of a Dying Atheist (random...) and TIRO

Archived