I'm thinking of trying to work a question in about Matt laughing at the crowdsurf fail in Boston. I'm pretty sure nobody's asked about it and I was at the gig right next to the guy he laughed at. Wondering how to work that in.

Maybe something like "Do you ever notice goofy things going on in the crowd during a gig, like that guy you pointed and laughed at during PiB in Boston?"

Honestly I'm not really smart enough musically to really know what I'd be talking about. I'm more of a film geek than a music geek. I'm having trouble keeping up with this post, I'd just completely botch the question :LOL:. But I do like the "What would be in your Room 101?" question.

There's no way I can't ask a question that awesome. And the interview is on Wednesday at like 3 or 4:00 before the gig.

Haha, it's alright, I'd botch the question too. :LOL: I'd prolly be too floored to be in the same room to be able to string together coherent phrases. :awesome: But anyways, good luck!!

And Trilateral phrased it in a question a few pages back, if you wanna have a look-see. ;)

They actually talked about that recently. It was supposed to be a song for Eclipse but they aren't doing a song for the movie anymore. They have said that they intend on releasing the song sometime in the future anyway, even though it won't be on the movie

We don't know what it sounds like though. There are also rumours that the song will actually appear on the soundtrack.

Thanks for all the question ideas guys. I'm definitely gonna give a shoutout to the board for all the help during the interview. A guy from myspace contacted me saying that he needed 5-7 questions and this is what I came up with:

1. Where’d the idea for the ‘Choose the Summer Setlist’ online polls come from? Would you do it again?

2. Where do you get your ideas for the extravagant stage set-ups? Do you find them at all restraining your performance?

3. What’s your favorite song to play live?

4. What’s your initial reaction to the obsessive/weird fans?

5. What effect does your accessibility (making of/behind the scenes videos) have on your fan base?

6. What are the five major influences (films, books, music, etc.) in your life?

7. When you goof around during miming performances do the shows ever bring it up afterwards? Who comes up with the ideas for it?

Thoughts?

I'm really not trying to be rude, but what kind of answers do you expect here?

These are mediocre questions.

Ask about what we WANT to know.

Ask about THE FUTURE. What do they plan to, dream of, or even WANT to do after they finish The Resistance tour and they finish relaxing?

How many songs are ready to record or have been recorded (like Soaked), and have gone unreleased and just never seen the light of day?

Do they plan to release an album of unreleased songs (like Hullabaloo) again?

How many songs has the band written since the release of the Resistance?

How does the band feel about The Resistance 6 months after its release?

What is the ULTIMATE GOAL for Muse?

Where do they see themselves in 10 years (in life and musically)? 20 years?

Ask if they are considering scrapping the conventional 'album' like they had mentioned in the past and tried something new.

The Resistance summed up a lot of Muse's broad range of music, is this a hint that it was a conclusion to an era and the start of something new?

Warner took down their music catalogue off of streaming websites. Do they plan to stay with Warner after their contract ends? Or do they plan to go independent? (on second thought they probably wouldn't be able to answer this)

These are questions I want answers to. Not the ones you plan to ask. Sorry if I came off a bit rude, but thanks for listening.

For the "who would survive" question should I ask a zombie apocalypse or being stuck in Jurassic Park? Which do you think is better?

Zombie apocalypse all the way :awesome: As a fellow film geek, I think it's the only way to go! It's really cool how you've elicited so much interaction from the board, I bet we're almost as excited for this interview as you are.

And good luck to all 3 of you (mattarena88, Lisa?, and lovemybones) I hope you all have a great time, and I look forward to hearing your stories when you get back.

Alright here are my revised set of questions:

1. Where’d the idea for the ‘Choose the Summer Setlist’ online polls come from? Would you do it again?

2. Do you have any ideas/concepts for the next album yet? Are you going to hit the studio straight after touring or take a bit of a break?

3. Which one of you would be most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse/being stuck in Jurassic Park? (I haven't decided between zombies or JP yet)

4. What does Matt think about the recent Wikileaks.com controversy?

5. Have you ever considered non-traditional releases (film soundtracks, B-side compilations, etc.) instead of a standard album?

6. What’s your most embarrassing on stage moment?

7. When you goof around during miming performances do the shows ever bring it up afterwards? Who comes up with the ideas for it

8. You guys are obviously fans of the book 1984, what would be in your room 101?

9. Do you ever notice weird stuff going on in the audience during a gig? Like that fan you pointed and laughed at during Plug in Baby in Boston?

10. Would you ever consider doing a tour where you played a different album every night?

Alright, I've got 10 questions here and can only have 7. I'm leaning towards axing 1 and 7. And maybe 4. Which 3 do you think I should get rid of? Again big thanks to everyone for your help.

I'm really not trying to be rude, but what kind of answers do you expect here?

These are mediocre questions.

Ask about what we WANT to know.

Ask about THE FUTURE. What do they plan to, dream of, or even WANT to do after they finish The Resistance tour and they finish relaxing?

How many songs are ready to record or have been recorded (like Soaked), and have gone unreleased and just never seen the light of day?

Do they plan to release an album of unreleased songs (like Hullabaloo) again?

How many songs has the band written since the release of the Resistance?

How does the band feel about The Resistance 6 months after its release?

What is the ULTIMATE GOAL for Muse?

Where do they see themselves in 10 years (in life and musically)? 20 years?

Ask if they are considering scrapping the conventional 'album' like they had mentioned in the past and tried something new.

The Resistance summed up a lot of Muse's broad range of music, is this a hint that it was a conclusion to an era and the start of something new?

Warner took down their music catalogue off of streaming websites. Do they plan to stay with Warner after their contract ends? Or do they plan to go independent? (on second thought they probably wouldn't be able to answer this)

These are questions I want answers to. Not the ones you plan to ask. Sorry if I came off a bit rude, but thanks for listening.

Tbh there isn't much point in asking them about the future because they never know what to say.

^ That's a pretty good list, Matt. :)

I'd keep 1 since it's something a lot of people would like to know and get rid of 7. Cheers for using my question. :$

2. Do you have any ideas/concepts for the next album yet? Are you going to hit the studio straight after touring or take a bit of a break?

3. Which one of you would be most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse/being stuck in Jurassic Park? (I haven't decided between zombies or JP yet)

5. Have you ever considered non-traditional releases (film soundtracks, B-side compilations, etc.) instead of a standard album?

7. When you goof around during miming performances do the shows ever bring it up afterwards? Who comes up with the ideas for it

8. You guys are obviously fans of the book 1984, what would be in your room 101?

9. Do you ever notice weird stuff going on in the audience during a gig? Like that fan you pointed and laughed at during Plug in Baby in Boston?

10. Would you ever consider doing a tour where you played a different album every night?

Alright, I've got 10 questions here and can only have 7. I'm leaning towards axing 1 and 7. And maybe 4. Which 3 do you think I should get rid of? Again big thanks to everyone for your help.

Those questions are really great!!! Good job.

Maybe the fourth one is not necessary, in my opinion. For the question 10, they'll say no I guess, cause every tour is about to promoter the last album no? But it could be interesting to know though.

God I looove the third question!! :LOL:

I hope you won't forget to talk about Matt singing french...You'll be my hero :$

I think I agree with the 3 you're considering on omitting, and maybe #10 and add something else in. I mean, do we really think they'd ever consider doing #10??

I know everyone wants to know where the idea from the setlist polls comes from, but don't we figure it's probably a result of all the endless whinging about setlists on here? I get it. We just want to hear them say it out loud! :LOL:

Maybe along with #2 about the next album, ask what Tunavi suggested about how many songs have been written so far. I also like the question about releasing another Hullabaloo-type record. Gah! I know that's alot of information! :eek:

Kudos to you for sorting through all this. I'm sure it's hard to synthesize all this info and consider so many peoples' opinions. Congrats to you and have a wonderful time! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see the footage! :)

I know everyone wants to know where the idea from the setlist polls comes from, but don't we figure it's probably a result of all the endless whinging about setlists on here? I get it. We just want to hear them say it out loud! :LOL:

Yeah, you could probably axe that part of the question, but I like the bit about whether or not they'd do it again (particularly for the U.S. fall dates).

agreed.

i'd leave out number 1 and 10. they've talked about number 7 plenty of times before too.

number 4 isnt bad but it's best to keep this with less questions as possible because they will surely choose from what you will send too (and you dont want to risk that they leave out one of the questions you most want an answer!).

I like these questions :yesey: All of the suggestions on here would be equally interesting to get a response to though! :)

Best of luck with it, and congratulations! It's certainly something you won't be forgetting in a while :awesome:

Archived