stuartrushforth

Hello guys. This is my first post here, although I've been following the board for a long time. I've spent months on making my own MIDI controller and finally it is finished. It's a bit more advanced than other MIDI kits, most importantly it is also capable of sending NoteOn/Off messages to any synth/instrument. I've made a website for it, here it is: http://amptonelab.com/xy-midipad.html

You can find there pictures, accurate description and a video demonstration (you can also watch it at YouTube

).

You'll find all the needed information on the website. The kit will be on ebay tomorrow. If anyone is interested, here is my ebay profile: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/AmpToneLab/m.html tomorrow at 8PM 13 kits will be up for sale. And, most importantly, it doesn't require soldering at all.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hello guys. This is my first post here, although I've been following the board for a long time. I've spent months on making my own MIDI controller and finally it is finished. It's a bit more advanced than other MIDI kits, most importantly it is also capable of sending NoteOn/Off messages to any synth/instrument. I've made a website for it, here it is: www.xymidipad.com

You can find there pictures, accurate description and a video demonstration (you can also watch it at YouTube

).

You'll find all the needed information on the website. The kit willbe on ebay tomorrow. If anyone is interested, here is my ebay profile: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/AmpToneLab/m.html tomorrow at 8PM 13 kits will be up for sale. The price is 109GBP. And, most importantly, it doesn't require soldering at all.

So just check the website www.xymidipad.com, it says all about my product.

Cheers,

Daniel

EDIT; I've also started a small "company" called AmpTone Lab because I'm going to make other products. First on my list is sustainer pickup, so stay tuned, as soon as I sell couple of my MIDI kits, I'm going to work pretty hard on this one.

I like how your hold button lights up, nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not meant as a replacement for the KP3 though I don't think. It's just something that gives other options for people who want them. KP2 or KP3 is still the way to go for effects though, while kaossilator has shitloads of synth options if you prefer those.

In all honesty, how easy are kaoss pads/kaossilators etc. to use?

I downloaded the Moog Filatron app for my iphone which I'm guessing is a similar principle (Though i don't have a clue) and find that really hard to use because on the XY screen pad it doesn't really let you know what will happen until it's done.. so i don't really get how I'd record anything with that..

The KP3 and Kaossilator both come up with a message on the screen telling you what effect you've selected, and I'm pretty sure they have a guide each saying what each code corresponds to anyway. Then I think the effect is instantaneous when you use it so it's probably a lot more efficient than that app ;)

Archived