stuartrushforth

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Sorry for the bump, I'm sitting here like a bit of a fool with a stupid question. Today I bought the Kaoss Pad KP3 as it was for my birthday on Tuesday. All well and that, I'm enjoying getting used to it and I have had some fun making synth noises and now I'm trying to connect it to my guitar, but it isn't really seeming to work! Is anyone able to help me!

I have a Blue Fender here, with the cable plugged into the Mic hole. There is a cable in the Phones hole leading into the Amplifier. At the back are two cables leading into my mixing system, which is subsequently on and plugged in, yet I cannot manage to make any sounds with the guitar, something which I was able to do earlier at the shop I bought it from.

Is anyone able to help me? I spent a lot of money on it and it seems really hard to be able to get it working with the guitar! I have my Fuzz Factory here too in case that is needed?

Cheers

Jack

EDIT: When I say "sounds with the guitar" I just mean that I am unable to play and then (e.g.) have a loop of what I'm playing or whatnot. At the shop today the man showed me how to do it but I forgot, seeing as it was done with Headphones and a mini PA System!

Hey guys

Sorry for the bump, I'm sitting here like a bit of a fool with a stupid question. Today I bought the Kaoss Pad KP3 as it was for my birthday on Tuesday. All well and that, I'm enjoying getting used to it and I have had some fun making synth noises and now I'm trying to connect it to my guitar, but it isn't really seeming to work! Is anyone able to help me!

I have a Blue Fender here, with the cable plugged into the Mic hole. There is a cable in the Phones hole leading into the Amplifier. At the back are two cables leading into my mixing system, which is subsequently on and plugged in, yet I cannot manage to make any sounds with the guitar, something which I was able to do earlier at the shop I bought it from.

Is anyone able to help me? I spent a lot of money on it and it seems really hard to be able to get it working with the guitar! I have my Fuzz Factory here too in case that is needed?

Cheers

Jack

make sure that:

1. mic trim isn't turned all the way down

2. input select is set to mic

make sure that:

1. mic trim isn't turned all the way down

2. input select is set to mic

Both those things are done, but nothing is happening. Could you maybe add me on Facebook so I can quickly webcam with you and show you what is going on, you seem to be the person to go to for these things!

Both those things are done, but nothing is happening. Could you maybe add me on Facebook so I can quickly webcam with you and show you what is going on, you seem to be the person to go to for these things!

what about the input volume control?

if not, i think i know what you're referring to. you're trying to sample the guitar sound, correct?

i don't have a KP3, so i'm not sure how that one works, but maybe this will help

what about the input volume control?

if not, i think i know what you're referring to. you're trying to sample the guitar sound, correct?

i don't have a KP3, so i'm not sure how that one works, but maybe this will help

Yes I'm trying to connect the Guitar and the Kaoss pad so I can play it and then make samples and play with some effects together with the guitar. It still isn't working, I've tried input volume as well. The manual states nothing about Guitars obviously.

Yes I'm trying to connect the Guitar and the Kaoss pad so I can play it and then make samples and play with some effects together with the guitar. It still isn't working, I've tried input volume as well. The manual states nothing about Guitars obviously.

So it doesn't sample the guitar sound at all? Are you doing everything like in that video?

Also, are you getting any sound through your amp with it?

I'll have a look at the manual, but I imagine it's done like in that video.

So it doesn't sample the guitar sound at all? Are you doing everything like in that video?

Also, are you getting any sound through your amp with it?

I'll have a look at the manual, but I imagine it's done like in that video.

No, my guitar works fine with the amp but when I add the Kaoss to it, the guitar sound is not amplified or picked up by the KP3.

The only sound I am getting through my amp with the Kp3 is just a selection of general effects, not when I play the guitar though.

My guitar is connected into the Mic and the amp is connected into the Phones hole.

I have a feeling this is going to end up being something incredibly simple. When I got my pedalboards, I had to recable everything back up when I put it all on on them, and I accidentally got the line in and line out cables the wrong way round, so it took me a little while to figure out why I wasn't getting any sound out of it. It's always something simple...Like your tuner being on bass setting instead of guitar...:facepalm:

I have a feeling this is going to end up being something incredibly simple. When I got my pedalboards, I had to recable everything back up when I put it all on on them, and I accidentally got the line in and line out cables the wrong way round, so it took me a little while to figure out why I wasn't getting any sound out of it. It's always something simple...Like your tuner being on bass setting instead of guitar...:facepalm:

I tried that and they were the wrong way round but still nothing. I have nothing plugged into the line out, but i have the red and white cables in the line in, leading to a little Mixer where they are connected to Level 3/4. The mixer is plugged into a socket.

Wait...So you're using line in cables, and still trying to use the mic input? I'm pretty sure you have to select one or the other...There's a stick switch to the top left of the screen which selects either line in/line out, or the mic option instead...

Wait...So you're using line in cables, and still trying to use the mic input? I'm pretty sure you have to select one or the other...There's a stick switch to the top left of the screen which selects either line in/line out, or the mic option instead...

So if I take out the Line In cables and leave just the guitar connected to the Mic hole on the bottom left then do you think it would work?

I held my finger on the screen on a certain effect and it worked but i took my finger off and it didn't play anymore. So it would work if I held my finger on it :confused:

Ah, you need to use the hold function for that. If you aren't using the hold function, the effect will stop when you take your finger off. Make sure hold is on, and the effect will keep going as if your finger was still touching the same place. ;)

All of this is explained in the manual by the way...

Ah, you need to use the hold function for that. If you aren't using the hold function, the effect will stop when you take your finger off. Make sure hold is on, and the effect will keep going as if your finger was still touching the same place. ;)

All of this is explained in the manual by the way...

Thank you! Sorry I only got it today I wasn't really being too clear when reading the manual :p All works now!

You're welcome! I know it's pretty confusing when you first get it. I still don't know how to use a lot of it, but it's just important to make sure you read through how to connect it all properly so you can at least start using it. Hope you can start having fun with it now. ;)

You're welcome! I know it's pretty confusing when you first get it. I still don't know how to use a lot of it, but it's just important to make sure you read through how to connect it all properly so you can at least start using it. Hope you can start having fun with it now. ;)

:D

It was confusing at first, the shop assistant made it look so easy :LOL:

I'm enjoying it now, just looking through sounds that I like and seeing what I can make of it, might use it when I DJ with my friend sometime soon too!

Love it though, I had my doubts earlier because I wasn't figuring it out but now it's going well!

I just want to say, thanks for bringing this thread up again. Since I got mine at the start of the year and quickly tested each setting, I've pretty much used one setting exclusively on it, and I knew it felt like a bit of a waste, as cool as that setting can be. After the discussion in here yesterday though, I went home and had a play with it and discovered a few more settings that I really like and can see myself using. I know it will take time to discover more and more in practical cases, but it's nice to be building it up a bit. :)

• 3 months later...
Can you factory reset a KP2? I've looked online and can't find anything. I've managed to get some delay mixed in with the synthy patches!

Not that I know of, and it doesn't say anything about that in the manual either

You sure it's actually mixed with the patches and doesn't have to do with the sampling function?

Archived