stuartrushforth

I'd actually love to see someone do that but on a whole guitar body instead of an XY screen. So it would be like Matt's Mirror guitar, but with that infinite tunnel thing instead. Could look awesome. Someone do it for a custom! :awesome:

I'd actually love to see someone do that but on a whole guitar body instead of an XY screen. So it would be like Matt's Mirror guitar, but with that infinite tunnel thing instead. Could look awesome. Someone do it for a custom! :awesome:

not sure if that would be possible since there needs to be a gap between the two layers of mirror and I can see that causing problems.. but what do I know?

• 3 weeks later...
There's an official comparison video on YouTube somewhere showing what you can do if you have a Kaossilator going into a Kaoss Pad. Not only does it demonstrate their differences and advantages, but it really shows their potential if you're using them together with both hands.

I just found it again so I figured I'd post it so people here can watch it to compare in the future. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxEdOSusYzs

By the way, can someone with a KP please just do a demo of the phasers, delays, tremolos, filters, and things like that with a guitar sound? That's the main thing I'm interested in and no one's done one because they're all based on DJ stuff and drum beats. :facepalm:

KP3, preferably. I think you said you had one, so that would be ideal. If only people with a KP2 can do one then I'd still be interested to hear the comparison with that. But yeah, KP3 ideally. I kind of just want to hear the range of what it can do with those effects.

Anyone using the KP2 for reasons other than setting #69? :ninja:

I got a little bored and decided to mess around with the KP2. I don't have a manual, but I figured out how to use the sample functions at least. Got some drums going, and then a synth on top of that...but for some reason, it gets a bit glitchy and one goes out of time after about 15 seconds (even though both are going at the same BPM)

Is the KP3 noticeably better than the KP2? I might want to check one out to use on its own.

Anyone using the KP2 for reasons other than setting #69? :ninja:

I got a little bored and decided to mess around with the KP2. I don't have a manual, but I figured out how to use the sample functions at least. Got some drums going, and then a synth on top of that...but for some reason, it gets a bit glitchy and one goes out of time after about 15 seconds (even though both are going at the same BPM)

Is the KP3 noticeably better than the KP2? I might want to check one out to use on its own.

Yeah for #75 :p

Nah I use mine for electronic music and for modulation mostly although most of the time it's used just to add the occasional fill and that's about it.

Alright, I'm gonna get killed for posting this probably. But if I was to try and install an XY Midi pad into my guitar for a Kaoss Pad like Matt's, would I need to rewire or route anything in my guitar or just drill in the controller pad... I went down to my local guitar center and the tech said he can put a kaoss into my guitar for me, but i'm pretty sure the kaoss itself doesn't go in, the XY Pad does. Does it actually go into the guitar and would i need guitar center to do it, or could i just bolt it on and run some sort of MIDI program to connect the kaoss and guitar?

probably a dumb question, but for stuff like the SMBH solo, does Matt have the KP2 set at a certain BPM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWS2qLLkIk

03:06

I believe that's #68. It doesn't sound quite right at 120, and I'm guessing it's the BPM...but I might be wrong.

SMBH... I'm sure most Muse songs are about 120bpm, but not quite...

Anyway, I'm sure SMBH is 122

or 118

or 126

One of them, yeah ;)

Also, his tone sounds fucking massive in that! Especially the choruses... surely he's got more than a FF going on there...

Archived