stuartrushforth

No it's made by me,

I take 1 year to get information and create the card for transmit x-y axis.

Now i go with midi wireless, there's no cables around ;)

I have to calculate how much I spent for take it from hell but not so much like a Manson :D

Now i have to get a better light fx and it's perfect!

newborn.jpg

good job, now you just need to smash it in half :LOL:

• 1 month later...

After seeing Total Guitars article on how to make a guitar like Matts, i wanted to do it. I understand everything and priced it all up. I have seen a guide on the net but this involves taking the kaoss pad apart, I just wondered if anyone could tell me were to buy or how to make a x-y pad with the backing lights and run through midi to the kaoss pad.

Thanks in advance

After seeing Total Guitars article on how to make a guitar like Matts, i wanted to do it. I understand everything and priced it all up. I have seen a guide on the net but this involves taking the kaoss pad apart, I just wondered if anyone could tell me were to buy or how to make a x-y pad with the backing lights and run through midi to the kaoss pad.

Thanks in advance

I heard on the grapevine Gazlang sells X-Y kits (i think) not too pricey either...

Is there a more effective way to hook up a KP2? Normally, mine is hooked up using the Mic In port and the Line Out ports on the back. I find this method to be rather weak since the kp2 degrades the signal quite harshly. :S

Line in and line out in your amp's fx loop is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
i have a yamaha pacifica and i want to add a kaoss pad to it, also i would like to know what kaoss pad you should buy for this is it a mini one or kp3 or what please can someone help me.

thanks in advance

Personally, id save up for a better guitar, no offence. but the cost of the Kaoss pad and the X-Y pad will cost more than your guitar.

however, if you want to go ahead anyway...

you'll want a KP2 as it makes synth sounds as well as modulation...

and an X-Y pad from Gazlang on these boards.

you will have to rout the body, but I'd get that done by a professional luthier.

AAAAAND...I THINK that's about it

Personally, id save up for a better guitar, no offence. but the cost of the Kaoss pad and the X-Y pad will cost more than your guitar.

I don't think it's wrong, becasue if he upgrades his guitar, he can still install the kaoss pad in it. Same goes for any effect, like Fuzz Factory, which by the way you can build yourself for 20€, it's a very simple circuit.

Edit: By the way, the Pacifica is said to have the quality of much higher priced guitars. The thing is that the standard pickups are rubbish.

I don't think it's wrong, becasue if he upgrades his guitar, he can still install the kaoss pad in it. Same goes for any effect, like Fuzz Factory, which by the way you can build yourself for 20€, it's a very simple circuit.

Edit: By the way, the Pacifica is said to have the quality of much higher priced guitars. The thing is that the standard pickups are rubbish.

and,if you're gonna hack your guitar apart there's less financial damage if you make a mess of it :)

and,if you're gonna hack your guitar apart there's less financial damage if you make a mess of it :)

That's true.

A certain 'luthier' offered to do an X-Y mod to an expensive and irreplaceable guitar of mine apparently.

pacificas are nice guitars in that price range, but the pickups are garbage. there were a few design flaws on mine as well, probably just to save money.

That's true.

A certain 'luthier' offered to do an X-Y mod to an expensive and irreplaceable guitar of mine apparently.

pacificas are nice guitars in that price range, but the pickups are garbage. there were a few design flaws on mine as well, probably just to save money.

i've never actually owned one but my old college had one of the of the single cut ones which i would always use,it was lovely to play and they had put a nice set of pickups in (DiMarzio i think) i think that was big enough for an X-Y,couldn't say about the Strat-ish ones though

which guitar did the 'luthier' want to do? surely not shatter?!

i've never actually owned one but my old college had one of the of the single cut ones which i would always use,it was lovely to play and they had put a nice set of pickups in (DiMarzio i think) i think that was big enough for an X-Y,couldn't say about the Strat-ish ones though

which guitar did the 'luthier' want to do? surely not shatter?!

yeah i had one of the single cut ones - no idea if it could fit an X-Y though. they did have to make the body longer on matts guitars AND use a fender style hardtail bridge to make room for the X-Y.

and yes - this was when sherpa had the guitar. the 'luthier' had already done some damage to the guitar previously :facepalm:

Go on...

i'm surprised you actually call him a "luthier"

Not DAMAGE, but still ... damage.

And I probably should be calling him a butcher I guess.

Sherpa,

I'd like to apologize. Back in Spetember/October, I was well drunk off my ass down in Okehamptom at about 2am. I decided it would be great fun to toss the guitar back and forth between Danny and myself, both trying out our Bell0rz skillz. In the midst of that, I knocked it quite a few times into an oak chair. It wasnt anything big, but enough to go "oh hey, i just knocked a hella expensive guitar into an oak chair."

But I was REALLY drunk, for the first time in my life. It doesn't look like the guitar sustained any damage, but I'd like you to know, that I was a bitchin' Bellamy at the time. Ive never done a more bad ass plug in baby in my entire life. It included vocals too you guys.

But I recall another post about that ding on the headstock.

Archived