stuartrushforth

• 5 weeks later...

Right, I should hopefully be getting my KP3 sometime either at the end of December or the start of January or something, depending on how much I can work over Christmas. I've got to order the Whammy and finish paying for my custom bridge before that though. But I digress.

Anyway, I'm looking through the effects list here, and I noticed that I can't find mention of a tremolo effect. I'm sure I've read that it has them though, and I'm fully aware that it might just be labelled under a different name that I'm unfamilar with, so I wondered if someone could clear that up for me?

Having some kind of filter on one axis, and the tremolo speed on another axis, or tremolo depth on one, and speed on the other, for example, was going to be one of the kinds of things I was planning to use it for, and now I can't find it on there! Otherwise I'm liking the sound of the pitch shift/delay combo on there at the moment. But yeah, if anyone can clear the tremolo aspect up for me that would be great.

Also, what kind of stuff can you do with the editor? Is it just subtle alterations or can you completely overwrite things for example?

Right, I should hopefully be getting my KP3 sometime either at the end of December or the start of January or something, depending on how much I can work over Christmas. I've got to order the Whammy and finish paying for my custom bridge before that though. But I digress.

Anyway, I'm looking through the effects list here, and I noticed that I can't find mention of a tremolo effect. I'm sure I've read that it has them though, and I'm fully aware that it might just be labelled under a different name that I'm unfamilar with, so I wondered if someone could clear that up for me?

Having some kind of filter on one axis, and the tremolo speed on another axis, or tremolo depth on one, and speed on the other, for example, was going to be one of the kinds of things I was planning to use it for, and now I can't find it on there! Otherwise I'm liking the sound of the pitch shift/delay combo on there at the moment. But yeah, if anyone can clear the tremolo aspect up for me that would be great.

Also, what kind of stuff can you do with the editor? Is it just subtle alterations or can you completely overwrite things for example?

just read the one line on tremeleo on kp3 (you type too much still :p) there's tremelol

man does the kp3 suck the tone out

I type a lot because I have many questions to be answered! :rolleyes:

Can you tell me which setting numbers are tremolo effects so I can look at the manual properly and know what I'm seeing and which axis controls what until I get it?

Regarding the tone suck, how do you have your KP set up exactly? And if anyone can explain the editor stuff, that'd be cool to know too!

I type a lot because I have many questions to be answered! :rolleyes:

Can you tell me which setting numbers are tremolo effects so I can look at the manual properly and know what I'm seeing and which axis controls what until I get it?

Regarding the tone suck, how do you have your KP set up exactly? And if anyone can explain the editor stuff, that'd be cool to know too!

mine is setup using the fx loop on my hd 500. i can choose where to put the fx loop in the chain which is cool.

sooo

guitar > whammy > wah > hd500 > kp3 > dt25

the editor isn't that interesting, only thing you can do is set your presets and that's about it.

i need to find something that will control all the patches for the kp3, the hd500 does have some midi controls on other devices when you kerplunk on the switches but it's not ideal. but yeah, need to have something that..

stomp on something and POW, the preset sets stuff and also changes the preset on the kp3 accordingly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and french (please be indulgent with my english, which is not very good...).

I've a question about Kaoss Pad 2 and 3 :

I plan to build a Manson replica with an XY pad, and I would like to have the effects that Matt uses (and some others...). I know he uses a KP2. So the question is : are the effects Matt uses available on the KP3 ? If not, where can I buy a KP2 ?

(the KP2 presets I'm interested in are : #68, #69, #70, #75, #79 and #81)

• 1 month later...

Got my KP3 this afternoon. Not too sure what to think of it at the moment. First impression was very positive. Looks and feels great and the screen is mesmerising. Went through each of the settings with a fuzz probe hooked into it though and while it sounded great, I'm not too sure about the practicality of it. It might take a bit of experimentation and a learning curve so I'm not dismissing it, I may just have to get used to it and figure out how to use it. And for the record, no, there's no Musey synths on there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, is it not possible to save multiple programs/effects, and then control the combinations?

I have a guitar as input, and out to an amp.

For example, I CAN do the following:

- Configure Md.10 (Fuzz) using "Hold", then save to Program Memory 1

- Configure LFO.8 (Flanger) using "Hold", then save to Program Memory 2

I can play using Fuzz (PM1) with the settings it had when I saved it (using Write). Then I can press PM2, and it will use Flanger with the settings it had when I saved that.

However, I can only apply 1 OR 2...not both simultaneously. I cannot figure out how to combine multiple Program Memory spots.

For example...play a couple of bars using Fuzz (PM1), then add in Flanger (PM2) for a bar or two. In this scenarios, both 1 and 2 would be selected (active) and illuminated.

Is it not possible to layer multiple programs/effects?

Thanks in advance.

So, is it not possible to save multiple programs/effects, and then control the combinations?

I can play using Fuzz (PM1) with the settings it had when I saved it (using Write). Then I can press PM2, and it will use Flanger with the settings it had when I saved that.

However, I can only apply 1 OR 2...not both simultaneously. I cannot figure out how to combine multiple Program Memory spots.

For example...play a couple of bars using Fuzz (PM1), then add in Flanger (PM2) for a bar or two. In this scenarios, both 1 and 2 would be selected (active) and illuminated.

Thanks in advance.

No it can only go Wirdlywirdlywooobuzz

Thanks in advance.

Are you using the KP2 or KP3?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but basically, the only time it will let you use both at once is for sampling. (for example, if you want to use drums and synth at the same time). Or at least that's what my KP2 does. What it won't do is let you select two patches at once to run your guitar signal through.

Also, just a tip, but if you have an effects loop on your amp, it's generally a better idea to have it there rather than in front, where it has a negative effect on the guitar sound.

Thanks in advance.

No you can't layer effects although why you'd use the KP's fuzz with guitar is beyond me...

No you can't layer effects although why you'd use the KP's fuzz with guitar is beyond me...

I've been meaning to ask you... how do you manage to balance out the volume level of the KP when in the DSL's FX loop? (seeing as that doesn't have a FX level control)

I know there's the level control on the KP itself, which seems to help, but it always resets itself anyway. Not sure if that's the proper way to do it.

I don't actually use my KP with guitar, it sits unused on a shelf collecting dust half the time haha. The DSL does have a fx loop level switch on the back though which should help (I'm not sure if it will work better with the switch in or out) other than that I think you were right to begin with using the KP level control.

• 1 month later...
Wtf?! KP2 and KP3 have different effects? :eek: Possible make on the KP3 effect like on SMBH at Glastonbury 2010? :(

Does it connect to the Manson MB-1?

They do have different effects, but supposedly the KP3 is better. As far as I know, Matt has always used the KP2.

And yeah, you can connect it to the MB-1

Damn! I've already bought the KP3. :( Do not tell me where to get the KP2? It seems he is no longer sold...

Ebay

If your just getting one to recreate Matt's sounds then don't waste your money, you will be bored with it after a day.

Archived