stuartrushforth

• 3 weeks later...

KP3 every time for me, but it depends what you want to use it for. I personally want to use it to control filters, modulation, time based effects and so on, and the KP3 is better for those. It's also my user friendly than the KP2 in my opinion and has more features, better layout, etc.

KP2 is better for all the Muse stuff. Invincible chorus synth, kaoss jam, SBH solo, random squiggley spaceship noises, etc. KP2 has way more of those types of things than the KP3 (most of them were removed from the KP3 which is more effect based, but then the Kaossilator was released which is entirely synth based, so that has those kinds of things too).

Like I say, it depends what you really want to use it for! ;)

KP3 every time for me, but it depends what you want to use it for. I personally want to use it to control filters, modulation, time based effects and so on, and the KP3 is better for those. It's also my user friendly than the KP2 in my opinion and has more features, better layout, etc.

KP2 is better for all the Muse stuff. Invincible chorus synth, kaoss jam, SBH solo, random squiggley spaceship noises, etc. KP2 has way more of those types of things than the KP3 (most of them were removed from the KP3 which is more effect based, but then the Kaossilator was released which is entirely synth based, so that has those kinds of things too).

Like I say, it depends what you really want to use it for! ;)

from what i've read kp3 has less synthy stuff on kp2 but i'm right to say there are some?

more keen on kp3 given that i don't want to mimic muse stuff :p

Yeah, the KP3 does still have some synth sounds, just not the same ones, and not as many. Most of it is filters and effects and so on, but there are still a handful of synth and drum sounds that you can play around with. You won't be able to mimic the Muse sounds, but as you just said you're not bothered about that, then it shouldn't be an issue. ;)

Yeah, the KP3 does still have some synth sounds, just not the same ones, and not as many. Most of it is filters and effects and so on, but there are still a handful of synth and drum sounds that you can play around with. You won't be able to mimic the Muse sounds, but as you just said you're not bothered about that, then it shouldn't be an issue. ;)

guess ill need to do some yt'ing to hear what they sound like, so much n00b videos to wade through :(

but yeah, kp3 sounds good, hopefully they won't release a kp4 (quad doesn't count)

Yeah, I'm considering waiting until January to get my KP. It means I have a couple of months of nothing to use the XY pad for, but at least it means I can be sure I don't spend £300 on a KP3 before a new one gets unveiled at NAMM! :LOL:

And yeah, it took me months to find a good couple of KP demos on YouTube. Sorry that I don't have the links any more. KP3 suits my needs more anyway.

There's an official comparison video on YouTube somewhere showing what you can do if you have a Kaossilator going into a Kaoss Pad. Not only does it demonstrate their differences and advantages, but it really shows their potential if you're using them together with both hands.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice! I'm not sure when I'll be getting my KP3 yet. I'm thinking I might wait until January just to be sure they don't announce a KP4 at NAMM. :facepalm:

I should bloody hope not! Bear in mind the Kaoss Pad QUUUAAAADDDD came out not too long ago. If that is meant to be the KP4, I do not know.

got kaoss pad 3 nows :) had a lot of fun already. need to get a separate mic to do random vocoder stuff

one thing i wanna try out is using the hd500 as a midi controller to change the programs on the kaoss pad, anyone have any experience on that?

Awesome! I expect some artsy shots of it on Flickr! And a cheeky demo plz.

The Quad is actually different to the other KPs in that if my understanding is correct, it lets you control four parameters at once or something. However it has less effects, less options, and has no midi compatibility, so it's something different and separate to the main KP line I think. It's not meant as a replacement for the KP3 anyway. So I'm just thinking I might wait and see in the new year just in case they do announce a new one. If not then I can go for the KP3 with my mind at ease.

The Quad is actually different to the other KPs in that if my understanding is correct, it lets you control four parameters at once or something. However it has less effects, less options, and has no midi compatibility, so it's something different and separate to the main KP line I think. It's not meant as a replacement for the KP3 anyway. So I'm just thinking I might wait and see in the new year just in case they do announce a new one. If not then I can go for the KP3 with my mind at ease.

Hm, I guess. Wiki says that the KP3 has been around since 2006. I feel old :stunned: Then again, if a new one is brought out, there's also the benefit that the current model will go down in price! :happy: I'll be honest, I'd still probably get a KP2 if I was offered one for a decent price.

Nice! I'm not sure when I'll be getting my KP3 yet. I'm thinking I might wait until January just to be sure they don't announce a KP4 at NAMM. :facepalm:

i kinda want the kaossilator more now. i'd rather have more synths than effects. not sure if they'll update the kaoss pad this year, just seems like they've settled with kp3

To be honest the Kaossilator and Kaoss Pad 3 make for a superb combination, so if they were planning to update, they'd have to do both at the same time, which I'm not sure if they have a need to. So I'm not expecting a new one, but I might wait just in case. I can't afford it yet anyway. Might just take the battery out of the MB1 when I get it to save it for a few months! :LOL:

If you get the Kaossilator, I'd definitely be interested to see that used with the MB1.

To be honest the Kaossilator and Kaoss Pad 3 make for a superb combination, so if they were planning to update, they'd have to do both at the same time, which I'm not sure if they have a need to. So I'm not expecting a new one, but I might wait just in case. I can't afford it yet anyway. Might just take the battery out of the MB1 when I get it to save it for a few months! :LOL:

If you get the Kaossilator, I'd definitely be interested to see that used with the MB1.

given kaossilator was out 2010, i can see them comfortably relying on kp3 and ko3 for the time being. will get ko3 at some point, just need to work out how to place them all (having James90 syndrome where i have no room for gear) #firstworldproblems

Archived